Winter Spice

Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

• “Short version (Steepster ate the long one) – subdued hot spice apple cider. Not a bold cup but just enough for my tastes. The cinnamon made it. It reminds me of the Durkee tins that made me...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1519 tasting notes
  • “All I’m getting is apple and what seems like a touch of hibiscus. I was really hoping for something with more kick. The apple flavor is quite good, though a touch on the artificial side. ...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 499 tasting notes
  • “Not terrible I guess, just disappointing. The description sounded like apple pie in a cup, but the flavor was mostly just chamomile. Very little spice, more dull than festive :-(” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2799 tasting notes
  • “I saw this on super sale, so I bought it. I had another teaware related accident. T_T I broke the lid to my large glass teapot. I’m extremely distraught over it… From far away this tea...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes

From Twinings

Create a relaxing moment with Twinings Winter Spice Herbal Tea. Expertly blended with camomile blossoms and the flavours of crisp apples, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, this herbal tea is sure to warm you with its smooth taste and slightly sweet aroma.

To savour the full flavour of our teas, bring water to boil, and pour over the tea as soon as it reaches boiling. Over-boiling will cause oxygen to be reduced, making the tea taste “flat”. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste.

Ingredients: Camomile, Natural apple flavour with other natural flavours, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove

About Twinings View company

Nice aroma of apple and cinnamon.

The taste is a light apple cider flavor, which I liked quite a bit. The apple flavor could be a little stronger, but overall, pretty good.

The tea has a too sweet apple taste, and it drowns out the cinnamon and cloves. I added some cinnamon to improve the flavor. It helped, but it was not enough to make me really like it. I much prefer the taste of their Christmas tea.

I love apple cider but it’s generally a pain in the ass to make so I was excited to get this as a Christmas gift. Smells delicious, tastes just as good. Exactly what you’d expect; apple and cinnamon. Light, warm and a lovely treat. A great way to take the chill off.

This is my third and final sample from Twinings. This smelled cloyingly sweet coming out of the package but has tamed a bit after steeping. The aroma is somewhat like cider but much softer. There is also a hint of citrus. I can taste the chamomile which is nice, but it’s also a touch bitter at the end of each sip. Overall it’s not great and, if lacking fresh cider, I would more readily grab a box of powdered cider mix than a box of this tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrus, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Water: 8oz

Leaves: Tea Bag

Steep: 3m

Aroma: Camomile

Color: Deep Golden Yellow

Taste: I found this tea to be lacking in spice flavor, it taste like plain Camomile tea with nothing added & watered down.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I had this tea a few days ago and wasn’t impressed. Seemed too cinnamon-y. When I made it today, I didn’t have any problem. The cinnamon seemed to move out of the limelight and added just enough spice along with the cardamom and cloves. This time I brewed it for 4 minutes with a bit less water (12 oz./2 teabags). A nice winter-y evening chamomile!

Thanks KatBender!

Flavors: Apple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
KatBender

Yay, glad you liked it! :D

I’m not generally a herbal tea fan, but I found this interesting. The apple and it’s friend cinnamon dominate. But the right amount of chamomile and clove (and other spces, tame the wild horses. It’s a mild apple cinnamon and very tasty. This is a good cupa for a cold winter morning. I

Wonderfully like the Christmas tea but chamomile, I love how soothing it is late in the evening. It has a rich yellow golden color and almost buttery texture. The cinnamon, cardamom and cloves are much lighter in this blend than the Christmas tea.

This tastes a bit like apple cider. However, I found it too weak for my tastes all on its own. So, I steep it black tea to strengthen it then add sugar.

This is a very weak, light tasting tea. If you are looking for an alternative to the typical (mint, citrus, vanilla, etc) chamomile blend, it is okay. The apple and spice flavors are gentle and pleasant, but overall it is a boring tea. Prepared with stevia.