Camomile & Spearmint

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by malomorgen

From Twinings

We love having friends over for dinner. But we’re always glad when the last plate has been cleared away. Then it’s time to relax with a pot of Camomile & Spearmint. The soothing scent of camomile blended with clean, refreshing spearmint; put them together and you get the perfect after-dinner infusion. The washing up? It can wait…

About Twinings View company

For me Twinings is among the champions of bagged tea.

This is a nice relaxing and refreshing infusion. Camomile and spearmint make a nice combo. Very drinkable. Soothing. Sweetish.

AmazonV

i do like twinings and bigalow they arent bad at all

pfffff hate camomille !!!!! xp but the tea aint that bad …but i hate camomille xD

Cofftea

What brought you to drink this? Was it a gift?

Juliet Earth

yep :/ from mom

Visiting family in a neighbouring city and upon my departure from home I grabbed a hand of random tea bags and have chosen this. Mint does wonders for my digestion and as I have not long finished dinner and have a bit of an uncomfortable stomach I am in need of a little bit of help.

You can smell the camomile in this tea before the mint which suggests it’s going to be a chamomile tea with an additional flavour of mint instead of the other way around. Colour wise it reminds me of lemongrass, a gentle and mellow green.

The spearmint itself is light but noticeable with a clean and refreshing finish. A nice balance and suitable for those who prefer subtle flavours and like the easyness of a pre bagged tea.

Overall this is pleasant but I prefer a stronger mint tea.

Boiling 8 min or more

I really enjoy this tea. In general, I tend to avoid tea with camomile but I do keep some in my cupboard. I love this tea as an aid to digestion or a late-night tea to help me sleep.

The spearmint has just a hint of pepper, a sharper mint than peppermint and it really transforms this herbal tea. The hit of spearmint balances the gentleness of the camomile really well. I find camomile quite bland but I think it makes a lovely base to this blend. I brewed it for 4 minutes, and noticed the distinct smell of lemongrass while it steeped.

This tea, being naturally caffiene-free and peppery means it’s one of my favourite teas to drink at night.

Hmm. So I found a box of this in my mom’s pantry that she had never opened. It was expired, but I googled around and found out that expired tea just loses flavor rather than being harmful.

Anyway, the smell right off the bat was a bit medicinal. It kind of reminded me of the Icy Hot patches you put on sore muscles. But I love spearmint, so I went ahead and steeped a bag. The taste was not quite as medicinal as the smell, but not as soothing as I hoped. Since I have a box of it now, I may give it another chance, but I’m really on the fence about this one.

Very good stuff, for camomile tea! (which I normally hate)