White Tea with a hint of Pomegranate

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ran

From Twinings

Did you know that in ancient Persia, the pomegranate was hailed as a symbol of life and rebirth? We’ve blended its flavour with our white tea to create a light infusion that’s a natural source of antioxidants. The tangy taste of pomegranate is the perfect companion for the silky, delicate taste of white tea.Just the thing if you’re in need of a gentle pick-me-up.

White tea is so called because of the fine white or silvery hairs of new growth on the unopened tea buds.

About Twinings View company

I love this tea. The pomegranate is really sweet and uplifting – often I drink white tea but it tastes either bitter or similar to my (very, very weak) black tea sans milk. I steep it for a minute or less, maybe even 30 seconds, because otherwise it gets quite astringent.

Opening the packet, it smells like ripe red fruits; steeping, it smells deliciously juicy. I can taste both the white tea and pomegranate, as well as a bitter/astringent edge that grows stronger as the tea cools. Reasonably good for what it is, but I wish it tasted more like it smells.

I love this one, just be really careful with the steep time and temperature.

This is quite a delicate tea. The pomegranate in it is very minimal, not always noticeable, but quite nice nonetheless. I only ever steep it for a minute or less; too long seems to ruin the flavour a little, making it a bit too sweet.

This will probably become a spring-time tea for me, personally. The lightness of it would wonderfully suit a cool morning – this is a tea for relaxing, not for chugging. ♥

This was the first white tea I tried but it is still one of my favourite teas. It’s got a very mild flavour but it does taste really good. This has become my “standard” tea.

Odd. Really just tastes like a standard white tea with maybe an abstract hint of fruit.