Earl Grey (K-Cup)

Edit tea info Last updated by Shannon

From Twinings

A light & aromatic blend of fine black tea, scented with bergamot, a citrus fruit. For use in Keurig machines.

About Twinings View company

This. This was my first cup of tea as a married woman. No, it wasn’t actually, but it was the first cup of tea that I knew what was. The other was pre-brewed at the restaurant and didn’t come with any identification. It was nice though.

But this? This was had in our hotel suite while we had a bit of a break before moving on to the next restaurant.

I’m not going to go into a deep analysis of it, other than to say that it, and the last half of the cup especially, was pretty dire. The now Mr Ang, who has the regular teabag version everyday, also felt that this… stuff was sub-par.

The wedding in general, though, went swimmingly, and you can see a picture here https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b5FCJK6KIyQ0doQ8zn5eCr_V8Y8A_9IgxTPLskMdTM0?feat=directlink
We had a good time at both the actual celebration with buffet lunch at the first restaurant and with the travelling guests in the second restaurant for dinner (where the owner presented us with a bonus present in the shape of a nice painting)

This is definitely not a brewing system that will catch on in our house.

Sniff. Sniff. I wasn’t even there, yet I cried at your wedding! Lovely photo, beautiful bride, I love how happy the groom looks, as well he should! Many blessed years together, Ang and Mr. Ang!

Dylan Oxford

Awwww… look at you two! Congratulations, you look like a very cute couple :)

Aww, congrats! What a lovely couple you make!

Congratulations Ang!

Congratulations! You looked lovely!

Congrats to the lovely couple! Great picture!

Scott B

Love both of your smiles and your dress is gorgeous! Glad you two are off having fun and getting that much needed time away. Congrats :)

Congratulations! You look gorgeous and I’m glad you had a wonderful day.

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing the pic because I know how much you value your privacy. Blessings on your new life together!

Joshua Smith

Congratulations! I wish you and your husband the best of luck!

Thanks for sharing the picture. Be happy!

Congratulations! Much happiness to you both.

Congrats!! You look stunning! Love the dress!!! Also, you guys make a great couple! I wish happiness to you two forever! :)

Congrats!!! I LOVE your dress! All the best to the both of you. :)

Congrats! Absolutely all the best, you both look so happy – and can I say that you are 100% gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing!!!

Ooooh—you two look wonderful, and you look like you’re having a good time too! Congratulations (and my condolences on the k-cup tea)!

Congratulations! Best of luck to you two. :D

You look stunning! I love the dress. Congratulations you two! =) Beautiful couple!

Congratulations! Nice dress, and tuxedo! I hope you guys have a wonderful marriage together!

I missed your wedding! What a great photo — thanks for linking to it.

Yay!! I’m so happy for you both!! Great pic, great dress, great hair, great beau! (Even great car in the background). ;) Live long and prosper!!

Thank you everybody! :D

The DJBooth

How did I miss this…oh wait that was about the same time my son was born. Congratulations six months belated. Many years of happiness and many cups of tea shared between you both.

Okay yeah. Definitely not the biggest fan of bagged teas, or the ones in the k-cups.
They’re just much harder to manage because I’m very picky with how I like my tea.
It’s good like every once in a while, but I just can’t wait to go back to my flat so I can have my loose leaf :)

As Earl Grey’s go, this is pretty far down on my list of preffered options…although ANY tea is preferrable to NO tea…well, unless its roobios (blech!). Brews strong on a “normal” cup, you can easily get two from the K-cup. I usually brew a 12oz run followed immediately by an espresso cycle to top off the mug.

Earl Grey is the first tea I can remember falling in love with. I’ve never found a brew of it I didn’t enjoy. In terms of K-Cups, this one really is the best I’ve found. It’s consistent, fairly priced and always hits the spot.

Making tea its very hard when you are drunk and Stepopster doesnot come with spellcheck. THank you. Wait, there it is, I can fix things now. I wanted to put liquor in tea but tea is hard so I made a k-cup! Which is also hard because buttons and levers and things. But! I put in the cup thing and pushed the middle button and I got earl grey and then I put 2 of whipped cream vodka in and it was tasty. No hate for Twinings. Standard but good. Even at DEATH HOT from the Kuerig.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 12 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m not sure what it says about the quality of Twining’s teas, but I can’t detect much, if any, difference between the K-cup and bagged versions of their Earl Grey. Lovely mild citrusy aroma and a smooth taste, Twining’s EG is one of my favourite morning and afternoon teas. Given that the K-Cup version is even easier than the bagged version, I might stick with this form, at least until I burn my way through my two boxes of it.

195 °F / 90 °C