Green Tea with Orange & Lotus Flower

Orange, Orange Zest
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

• “*Twinings Order 1/27* I couldn't resist a Twinnings order, my 1st, when they were giving away free samples of their new organic teas. But my order is shocking. It contains 11 fruit or herbal...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea in a sample pack. Today I thought I'd give one a try. The color of the tea turns kind of a murky green, which made me nervous about the taste. But it's actually really good! The...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 786 tasting notes
  • “I received this one as part of a kit that my parents brought back from the UK- and it's actually become one of my favorites among the mostly black teas that the kit contained. While the green tea...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “Definitely one of the gentler citrus Twinings teas out there. Even when I brewed it for a full two minutes, it didn't get too strong, and the teabag was still good for a second cup. Tastes nicely...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes

From Twinings

To make the most of your moments of serenity, take a sip of our Green Tea with Orange and Lotus Flower. Delicate, zesty and subtly floral, this is a blend that’s refreshing and pure; tranquillity in a tea cup.

About Twinings View company

Twinings Order 1/27

I couldn’t resist a Twinnings order, my 1st, when they were giving away free samples of their new organic teas. But my order is shocking. It contains 11 fruit or herbal blends (6 purchased, 5 free samples) and are ALL bagged teas. I did this simply for the sake of cost and the fact that I knew I could get thru a box of tea faster than I could a tin of loose leaf. Storage of the tins was also a factor.

Made 24oz and had it w/ a sun dried tomato and pepper chicken pesto flat bread lean cuisine.

It’s kinda hard to tell, but the leaf seems to be EXTREMELY fine and there’s an odd scent I can’t place. Steeped, the tea smells like an orange green tea (mandarin specifically).

Once steeped the flavor is definitely of orange. Almost those orange gummy candies only w/o the sugar. At first I thought there was also note of bitter pith or orange peel, but unfortunately it’s the green tea base. There also seems to be notes of flower, but I’ve never had lotus so I can only guess that’s what it is. It was a fairly goood tea, I just wish the bitterness wasn’t there.

Peggie Bennett

Lotus is my favorite favorite favorite Tazo tea, this one sounds like I might like it!

I got this tea in a sample pack. Today I thought I’d give one a try. The color of the tea turns kind of a murky green, which made me nervous about the taste. But it’s actually really good! The orange flavor is not fake at all. I feel like someone squeezed a slice into my cup. It’s sweet but also a little bitter. It has a very, very light floral note to it, but it’s still hard to notice. I was actually impressed by this tea :)

I received this one as part of a kit that my parents brought back from the UK- and it’s actually become one of my favorites among the mostly black teas that the kit contained. While the green tea falls to the background, and I really only taste bright orange, it’s a nice afternoon cup. I’ve been digging citrusy teas lately, as we’re having a warm spell in the southern U.S. This tea, in addition to also being great iced, seems to lift my mood in general. It’s a milder version of the Tazo Orange tea.

Flavors: Orange Zest

Definitely one of the gentler citrus Twinings teas out there. Even when I brewed it for a full two minutes, it didn’t get too strong, and the teabag was still good for a second cup. Tastes nicely sweet and complements the green tea well.

Quite nice. Definitely delicate, if not overly so. Lightly citrus-y with an underlying flavour that I assume is the lotus (only ever having had crystallized lotus seeds, it’s hard to judge).

This is a fantastic tea, the orange aromas are calming and I really like the delicate flavour.