Traditional Afternoon

Edit tea info Last updated by Riley Boughton

From Twinings

A smooth and full flavoured blend of the finest African, Assam and Ceylon teas.

About Twinings View company

I enjoy this tea immensely. I even go crazy sometimes and have it at morning tea time. It is comforting and familiar, not too strong but certainly has a distinct flavour.

How i got it: Bought it (Twinings’ Classics Collection Pack)

Experience: Well, new experience here. I don’t remember to have tried something similar in the past, so this tea got my attention quickly. It smells quite like a Ceylon (somehow the OP variety comes to my mind) with acidic hints and some bits of almonds. In the flavor side, it begins smoothly, but gets stronger and a little bitter-y to the end of the sip. It also has some almond-nutty notes in the background, giving it a sweet side. Maybe one of the best descriptions I could give of this tea is something like a “Ceylon Breakfast”, as redundant as that term could be, hehe. New sensation, good experience.

Would i buy it again?: Maybe, it’s a nice variant to add to the cupboard. Why not?

Assamic tea, similar in flavour to Twinings’ Everyday. However, this is a bit lighter, so a good blend to drink in the morning or afternoon.

I’m very pleased with this tea. Strong and dark, with a full flavour, it’s the perfect cup on a foggy afternoon.