Lemon and Ginger

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Linden, Natural Flavours, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor
Ginger, Lemon Zest, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Lemon, Spicy, Herbaceous
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

• “This is one of those teas you’re not really “supposed” to love. Not only is it bagged tea, it’s bagged tea you can find in pretty much any supermarket. Not even in a fancy...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Yep, I’m definitely getting sick. So what do I choose? This tea, of course. Lemon for the cough, and ginger for the chills. Worked wonders, and tasted pretty good in the process. The ginger...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “I have a bit of a dry scratchy throat and a bit of a dry sniffy nose today. I am hoping it’s from not sleeping well and not from getting sick. I thought some warm tea would be soothing and...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “I know this is not a very respectable tea, it isn’t even a real tea at all, but after months of turning my nose up at this box I realized over the weekend that it was exactly what I needed....” Read full tasting note
    LondoMollari 41 tasting notes

From Twinings

The zesty citrus flavour of lemon has been invigorating the tea experience for hundreds of years. Chinese herbalists were known to use the pungent taste of ginger in tea over 2500 years ago. Today the expert blenders at Twinings have combined these two great flavours for a lively and enjoyable herbal tea experience.

Ingredients: ginger root, natural lemon and ginger flavours with other natural flavours, lemon grass, linden, lemon peel, blackberry leaves, citric acid

About Twinings View company

Lemon Ginger tea, tastes like…. exactly that! Lemon and ginger! The lemon overrides the ginger a little bit so it’s kind of more like lemonade. So yes, drink this hot when you have a cold or sore throat and cold if your sitting out in the sun! It’s great either way!

Love this tea! Drink it every night before bed, sleep like a baby! Suggest you squeeze a small amount if fresh lemon into cup for that extra taste of zing.

This tastes like it has been put together by someone who has never actually tasted lemon or ginger. It manages to be too weak and too gingery at the same time. Also, my cat burned her face on the steam but that was her own fault, really.

A definite revitaliser.. there’s just something about the stern ginger taste that brings you back to life and makes you think clearly.. for how long this lasts i couldn’t tell you ;)
Again, i add a little sugar and leave the teabag in throughout, getting a really full flavour by the last mouthful. I would point out that Asda do a (of course – cheaper) version of this tea but with mango flavours added as well, which gives it another dimension.. its not quite as … ‘exquisite’ as Twinings perhaps, but this could just be branding psychology.
A very tasty tea for mid-late afternoon.

Pretty common, off-the-market-shelf tea. Lovely scented, cute packaging. Tastes quite a bit like actual ginger tea, but the lemon is a bit too bitter depending on the steeping time. If you’ve got a sore throat, mix this baby up with honey and you’re well on your way to getting your voice back.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemon Zest

Such a nice mother’s day tea! I brewed a pot of this with 650 ml boiling water and two teabags for 6 minutes. I shared it with my grandmother and mother over sandwiches and fruit. I added 1 tsp creamed honey to sweeten the tea slightly, and I think that was the perfect amount for me, but some may prefer 2 tsp.

It was such a warm beautiful day today and all the flowers were blooming, this spicy citrus tea went perfectly. I could see this going really well over ice as well.

Nothing really stands out for me in this tisane, it is a standard lemon ginger, but I thought the flavour was pleasant and fresh.

Flavors: Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Spicy

rosebudmelissa

I like this one, too.

On the 13th day of sipdowns..

I feel terrible, my brother has been sick for the past few days and I’m pretty sure I caught it because I slept all day. When I woke up I did not want tea at all, especially since I finished up my Ginger Beer tea the other day. I rifled through my box o’ tea and found a single bag of this from when we went to London.
Holy cow is it lemony. Granted I’m sick so maybe my taste is a bit off but this would be fantastic iced with a little bit of honey or sugar. A few sips into the cup I can’t taste any ginger at all but I can feel it (Ginger has this fresh, tingly feeling to me) and about halfway through the cup it hits you in the face.
Overall, I’m bummed I only had one of these. It’s really really good and I’d love to try it iced or with scones or at a time when I’m not feeling sick.

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemon

rosebudmelissa

I like this one, too. Although I think I prefer Celestial Seasoning’s Jammin’ Lemon Ginger. It tastes like lemon candy and ginger.

Much better left to steep quite some time than just steep and drink it. I find this quite mild with both the ginger and the lemon, although it’s still nice… it’s a “nice” ginger and lemon, not a “no-holds-prisoners” kinda ginger and lemon, which I much prefer.

Flavors: Ginger, Herbaceous, Lemon

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I pretty much only drink this tea when I’m getting sick, am already sick, or want to be utterly lazy and cosy in a way you can be when home sick but minus the headache (bonus!). And the only way I really drink it is with added lemon juice (nothing fancy, just from one of those plastic bottles you buy in the shop) and a decent amount of honey to balance out the lemon. I tend to be decently ‘sensitive’ to ginger, so it often gets too strong for me if I drink a tea plain, and that’s the case with this one too. But with the honey + lemon, it’s just sheer spicy perfection.

I also have a special mug that this tea is supposed to be drunk out of. It has a moon on it. Yup.

cteresa

One of my feeling poorly teas as well. It´s teabags, but that just makes it more perfect for when I am not feeling well!

marinatvs

I got this really unusual rose and ginger herbal tea (also in teabags, but really posh ones) as a present once, and I’d just run out of ginger lemon tea so instead I tried adding lemon juice and honey to the rose ginger tea and it was amaaaaazing. Like the champagne of lemon ginger teas. I just wish the damn thing wasn’t so expensive.

cteresa

Just plain ginger tea on itself can be amazing – just a bit messy to make, particularly when I am not feeling well.

Truth be told, I only drink this tea when I’m feeling under the weather. It has certainly been one of those weeks. I don’t particularly enjoy the taste; it’s far too similar to a cough drop, though I suppose that is the point. I added a good bit of honey to this to up the wellness factor and sipped slowly. I’m not sure there is enough lemon and ginger here to make a real difference, but it does give the feeling that I’m doing something good for my body so it serves its purpose.

200 °F / 93 °C 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML