Lemon & Ginger

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Linden, Natural Flavours, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “This is one of those teas you're not really "supposed" to love. Not only is it bagged tea, it's bagged tea you can find in pretty much any supermarket. Not even in a fancy pyramid bag! But my...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Yep, I'm definitely getting sick. So what do I choose? This tea, of course. Lemon for the cough, and ginger for the chills. Worked wonders, and tasted pretty good in the process. The ginger gets a...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “I have a bit of a dry scratchy throat and a bit of a dry sniffy nose today. I am hoping it's from not sleeping well and not from getting sick. I thought some warm tea would be soothing and picked...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “I know this is not a very respectable tea, it isn't even a real tea at all, but after months of turning my nose up at this box I realized over the weekend that it was exactly what I needed. Again....” Read full tasting note
    LondoMollari 41 tasting notes

From Twinings

The zesty citrus flavour of lemon has been invigorating the tea experience for hundreds of years. Chinese herbalists were known to use the pungent taste of ginger in tea over 2500 years ago. Today the expert blenders at Twinings have combined these two great flavours for a lively and enjoyable herbal tea experience.

“Revive and revitalize”

About Twinings View company

Lemon Ginger tea, tastes like…. exactly that! Lemon and ginger! The lemon overrides the ginger a little bit so it’s kind of more like lemonade. So yes, drink this hot when you have a cold or sore throat and cold if your sitting out in the sun! It’s great either way!

Love this tea! Drink it every night before bed, sleep like a baby! Suggest you squeeze a small amount if fresh lemon into cup for that extra taste of zing.

This tastes like it has been put together by someone who has never actually tasted lemon or ginger. It manages to be too weak and too gingery at the same time. Also, my cat burned her face on the steam but that was her own fault, really.

A definite revitaliser.. there’s just something about the stern ginger taste that brings you back to life and makes you think clearly.. for how long this lasts i couldn’t tell you ;)
Again, i add a little sugar and leave the teabag in throughout, getting a really full flavour by the last mouthful. I would point out that Asda do a (of course – cheaper) version of this tea but with mango flavours added as well, which gives it another dimension.. its not quite as … ‘exquisite’ as Twinings perhaps, but this could just be branding psychology.
A very tasty tea for mid-late afternoon.

I pretty much only drink this tea when I’m getting sick, am already sick, or want to be utterly lazy and cosy in a way you can be when home sick but minus the headache (bonus!). And the only way I really drink it is with added lemon juice (nothing fancy, just from one of those plastic bottles you buy in the shop) and a decent amount of honey to balance out the lemon. I tend to be decently ‘sensitive’ to ginger, so it often gets too strong for me if I drink a tea plain, and that’s the case with this one too. But with the honey + lemon, it’s just sheer spicy perfection.

I also have a special mug that this tea is supposed to be drunk out of. It has a moon on it. Yup.

Truth be told, I only drink this tea when I’m feeling under the weather. It has certainly been one of those weeks. I don’t particularly enjoy the taste; it’s far too similar to a cough drop, though I suppose that is the point. I added a good bit of honey to this to up the wellness factor and sipped slowly. I’m not sure there is enough lemon and ginger here to make a real difference, but it does give the feeling that I’m doing something good for my body so it serves its purpose.

200 °F / 93 °C 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I started drinking this tea when I felt that all too familiar pain in my throat and to my amazement I found that it stopped me from developing a full blown cold! Amazing. It tastes pretty good too. It’s the perfect drink for when your under the weather as it warms you right through.

One of my favorite teas. I drink it after every workout and whenever I am sick. There are a lot of other Lemon & Ginger teas, but for me, this one just works. It hits my taste buds just right.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

sigh
I can’t wait to get back to Canada where my collection of tea awaits me…I brought a few teas with me thinking that if I was moving to China there would be plenty of options for buying tea….well, no where close to me! There are supermarket teas that I can’t read and don’t particularly trust. And there are some that I recognize – like this one, which has become a staple for me as I try to ration my favourites that I brought along!

My favourite thing about this tea is that I find it wonderful for an upset stomach, which, unsurprisingly, is fairly common here. It’s a bit weaker than I’d like – if I was home I’d use two teabags, but I try not to go through it too quickly. Ginger is one of my favourite flavours – I’m a huge fan of homemade ginger beer so any tea that is gingery (Davidstea Super Ginger for example) is great for me!

I do find that the bag breaks apart sometimes and I end up with floaty bits of ginger in my timolino. Not a huge deal for me at all but it might bother some people.

A friend brought me two new teas to try from Taiwan – I can’t read the packaging but I think one is a green and one is an oolong. Lemon and ginger is nice but I’ll be happy to switch it up!

I love this tea! It’s got just the right balance of lemon and ginger, and it’s sweet by itself.