Almond Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “My daughter got this as one of her free samples from Twinings. Then she decided she didn't want to try it, because she likes almonds but not amaretto and she was afraid that would be the flavor...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1829 tasting notes
  • “A sample from Twinings. I am enjoying this tea. Yes, its bagged,but its actually a nice Chai. AND the creamy cookie-like almond flavor is really enjoyable. I think if I can find this tea in...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “So this is really yummy! I'm never disappointed by Twinings. They totally hold up to my expectations, which are pretty high in some cases. This tea is like marzipan in a cup! It's very chai-y, and...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Received my Twinings samples in the mail and since I'm running fairly low on loose leaf altogether and am almost completely out of my go-to morning teas, I gave this a try. I guess that's life as...” Read full tasting note
    follepetite 39 tasting notes

From Twinings

For over 300 years, Twinings has been sourcing and blending the finest, high-quality teas from around the globe to ensure that your tea has the perfect balance of tea taste, savour and aroma. Twinings blends to perfection the finest black teas with the sweet and savoury spice flavours of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger to give you a line of great-tasting Chai teas with a bold, spicy taste and rich, vibrant aroma. Ingredients: Black Tea, Natural Chai, Cinnamon & Ginger Flavours With Other Natural Flavours, Natural Almond Type Flavour, Cardamom, Close. This product does not contain nuts or nut derivatives.

About Twinings View company

My daughter got this as one of her free samples from Twinings. Then she decided she didn’t want to try it, because she likes almonds but not amaretto and she was afraid that would be the flavor she would get from this. She also doesn’t care for black tea with the exception of a few really good chai blends. She gave it to me to taste instead.

I made it when she was here and gave her the first sip just in case she did like it. She didn’t, so it was passed on to me.

Overall, it is pretty good for a grocery store bagged tea. I only gave it a three minute steep, so it wasn’t astringent, but the black tea base was also a little muted. The chai flavors are palatable and not terribly strong, and the almond is quite nice. It is very smooth and mellow tasting.

This isn’t something I would buy to keep on hand but I wouldn’t turn down a cup of it if this was what was available.

A sample from Twinings.
I am enjoying this tea.
Yes, its bagged,but its actually a nice Chai.
AND the creamy cookie-like almond flavor is really enjoyable.
I think if I can find this tea in my area that I will pick up a box to have on hand for quick tea times.
Well done, Twinings.

ashmanra

There is a little box on its way to you that should arrive Saturday. Not that this tea is in it, but some Twinings from Ireland and Lapsang and some Dammann Freres and I think Mariage Freres is included!

Hesper June

Oh! What a fun holiday surprise! Thank you:-)

So this is really yummy! I’m never disappointed by Twinings. They totally hold up to my expectations, which are pretty high in some cases. This tea is like marzipan in a cup! It’s very chai-y, and you can really taste the almond in this one. It’s really nice. Not too spicy, just enough. And the almond is naturally sweet, too. It’s really good! I can’t believe I’m the first to review it, actually!

Received my Twinings samples in the mail and since I’m running fairly low on loose leaf altogether and am almost completely out of my go-to morning teas, I gave this a try. I guess that’s life as an unemployed college student who’s just finished Christmas shopping for friends & family. Ah well. This tea kind of makes up for it!

A lot better than I expected from a bagged tea, but I see that’s a trend with Twinings. I definitely taste the almond, sweet with a bit of a floral note, and extremely fragrant. I don’t really taste any spice or much of the black tea base, just the almond. It’s getting a bit astringent as I reach the bottom of my cup, but I quite like it. Not bad at all.

ashmanra

I need to drink this one today! My daughter ordered it as one of her samples but then decided not to drink it because she loves almond but not amaretto and she was afraid it would taste like the latter. If you think it is strongly almond and not amaretto, I might save it for her.

Lauren

Yes, very almond-y. Almost like marzipan

Turns out good. It tastes like a cup of almond soybean milk,which makes a soothing treat for me when drank hot.