Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Flowers, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by David McGeorge

From Twinings

The result is a mild and refreshing tea with an alluring aroma.

About Twinings View company

Light, fragrant, hard to decide whether to enjoy the aroma or the taste…ok, both. Every sip reminds me of my favorite Vietnamese establishment and the frequent pairing with bun. I am getting hungry as a matter of fact!

I tried a jasmine green tea at a sushi shop a while back and really enjoyed it, so I decided to get some of this at the grocery store. It’s savory and mellow and everything I like, and it even resteeps well! (talking about the bagged version) A very good stress relief, as this week has been rough.

This makes a decent cup of tea. I like the crisp ending it provides. No cream/milk, no sugar. I don’t know if I’ll repurchase seeing that there are other teas I like more, but it’s fine.

Yummi!

An old favourite. Good fall back tea when you have no loose left.

Surprisingly good bagged green tea. This was a standby I carried around in my bag for a few months one winter.

Mild, floral green. Call me simple, but this is one of my favorites and a tea I will perpetually keep in my cupboard.

Flavors: Flowers, Grass

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

First cup I had of this was bearable- after having a second I think this is primarily because I drank it straight. It is best when still hot. It is a bit more astringent than I prefer and also has a very grassy taste as it cools. In order to make my second cup more drinkable, I added some muddled lime, even this failed to help the flavor.

Not a bad jasmine green, but not my favorite. The jasmine in this just doesn’t pop enough for me, I like mine a lot stronger. That being said, I still tend to keep this on hand for guests who prefer green tea over black because even if you over steep it it doesn’t get as bitter as others I’ve had.

This wasn’t bad but it wasn’t overly good. I’m not in love with Jasmine, but I got this as a gift and I think I like it more than most Jasmine Greens. It was pretty mild even as it steeped longer.