Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Floral, Flowers, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by David McGeorge

From Twinings

The result is a mild and refreshing tea with an alluring aroma.

About Twinings View company

Light, fragrant, hard to decide whether to enjoy the aroma or the taste…ok, both. Every sip reminds me of my favorite Vietnamese establishment and the frequent pairing with bun. I am getting hungry as a matter of fact!

I tried a jasmine green tea at a sushi shop a while back and really enjoyed it, so I decided to get some of this at the grocery store. It’s savory and mellow and everything I like, and it even resteeps well! (talking about the bagged version) A very good stress relief, as this week has been rough.

This makes a decent cup of tea. I like the crisp ending it provides. No cream/milk, no sugar. I don’t know if I’ll repurchase seeing that there are other teas I like more, but it’s fine.

Yummi!

An old favourite. Good fall back tea when you have no loose left.

Surprisingly good bagged green tea. This was a standby I carried around in my bag for a few months one winter.

I took some teabags of this to work with me today for my first full day(!) as I noticed last week when I started that a lot of people kept teabags in their desks and I didn’t really want to be the weird new girl that brings in loose leaf tea right away… But I did hear people discussing different types of tea today, so I might ease into it! Lol.

Just to clue you guys in, as part of my course I am doing a work placement module. It was meant to be done in second year, but I didn’t find anything so am trailing it in final year. A lot of the reason I didn’t find anything is because I was so stubborn – I was adamant that I wanted one at a publishers, as that’s what I want to do and what good is it going to do me wasting 180 hours (the required minimum) doing something which is irrelevant when I could be studying? I was told several times to just get one at a library, or a charity shop, but I held out on the hopes of a publishing offer, which in the end didn’t come through. A lot of the major publishing houses won’t take anyone on for longer than a week, which means I would have had to find six separate placements. I was so frustrated with getting nowhere and worried about failing my degree than I almost caved and just worked in a library. I was about to send off that application when I got an acceptance email from the first placement I applied to this year – and the only publishers! The one I wanted the most!! So it’s more ‘experience’ than ‘job’ since I get graded instead of paid, but it’s a foot in the door and I’m super excited :D it’s amazing and scary being able to say that I’m going to work. I’m starting to feel like an adult, which I love, but it’s also making me wistful for childhood. So yeah, I started last week (I only do Wednesdays – my only free day) but only for 3 hours and mainly a sort of induction, whereas today I did the whole 9:30-5:30, getting up at 5:30 and reading on the commute (an hour each way). I was exhausted by the time I got back tonight after 7pm, having been gone for 12 hours, and I imagine it must get tedious when you get used to it, but for now I am loving it.

I made sure I was well-stocked tea wise, with a few bags of this in a zip-loc pouch, a graze box cake with an included afternoon teabag, and a travel mug of Butiki’s Killer’s Vanilla. I chose to review this as I was far too tired to pay enough attention when I was drinking KV this morning. I drank this while working, which (don’t laugh) I found amazing. The only “proper” work experience I’ve done before is in primary teaching, so you definitely can’t sip tea while you work there! Such a small thing felt like an amazing privilege. There weren’t any teaspoons so this oversteeped – I waited until it was cool enough to take the bag out with my fingertips. As a result, it was quite bitter and very astringent at the end. There was a sort of greasy sheen on the side of my mug from the top of the tea, and it moved when my tea sloshed around. This was disturbing, but I attributed it to the fact that the water from the kettle had been boiled a lot, came straight from the taps of hard-water Yorkshire, and that I was using the same mug I’d taken KV in earlier that day. The jasmine was a bit more muted than I’m used to, which allows the green tea to shine. I would have preferred a stronger jasmine flavour. And less of the green tea, but that’s just personal taste.

Disclaimer: I may be viewing this tea through rose-tinted glasses, since I was just super happy to have any tea at all.

darby

Congrats on the “job!” Love the note.

I’m mostly unmoved by this tea. For bagged tea, it’s perfectly pleasant. However, I don’t get much jasmine; it just tastes like a vaguely floral green. This is preferable to an overdone, bitter, perfumey jasmine, though, I guess. Also, this tea feels very dry on my mouth, but I don’t get bitter astringency from this tea. Overall, adequate.

Flavors: Floral

Mild, floral green. Call me simple, but this is one of my favorites and a tea I will perpetually keep in my cupboard.

Flavors: Flowers, Grass

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

First cup I had of this was bearable- after having a second I think this is primarily because I drank it straight. It is best when still hot. It is a bit more astringent than I prefer and also has a very grassy taste as it cools. In order to make my second cup more drinkable, I added some muddled lime, even this failed to help the flavor.