Vanilla Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Maya

• “Another one of the past weekend's excursions was to the christening of my very tiniest cousin. Cake and tea (and coffee obviously) were offered as part of the menu for the day, and since I've...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1188 tasting notes
  • “I'm not quite sure why, but this is one of my favorite teas. It's not natural tasting at all, and has more of a toffee flavor and scent than vanilla, but it's so drinkable by itself and with milk...” Read full tasting note
    embernat 31 tasting notes
  • “this is horrible... thank someone at twining's for discontinuing it. Although it's not the worst tea I've had from them. So there ya go. Little tiny plus.” Read full tasting note
    Chin4do11 154 tasting notes
  • “This is my favourite "just vanilla" tea out of the ones I've tried. I think I prefer Bigelow's Vanilla blends better (Vanilla Chai and Vanilla Caramel), but this is pretty good when I'm in the...” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes

From Twinings

Artificially & naturally vanilla flavoured. Fine black teas, flavoured with the savoury sweet taste of vanilla. Medium flavour strength. Individually wrapped.

About Twinings View company

Another one of the past weekend’s excursions was to the christening of my very tiniest cousin. Cake and tea (and coffee obviously) were offered as part of the menu for the day, and since I’ve recently taken quite a shine to vanilla flavoured teas, I decided to give this one a go when I saw it.

That was a mistake.

It was not really all that nice. It wasn’t that leather-y vanilla bean flavour that I’ve found I liked in the others. It was synthetic, sweet and creamy in a rather cloying way rather than creamy in a smooth way.

It frankly made me wish I had never tried it in the first place, and the only upside was the very classic Lady Grey that I chose to chase it down with. Now that was a pleasant tea.

I’m not quite sure why, but this is one of my favorite teas. It’s not natural tasting at all, and has more of a toffee flavor and scent than vanilla, but it’s so drinkable by itself and with milk and sugar. I’m sad they’re discontinuing it in the US :( hopefully Twinings brings it back soon!

this is horrible… thank someone at twining’s for discontinuing it. Although it’s not the worst tea I’ve had from them.
So there ya go. Little tiny plus.

Cofftea

An 8 and it isn’t even the worst??? Um… wow…

Madison Bartholemew

yea… I can’t believe the general public likes any of this stuff

This is my favourite “just vanilla” tea out of the ones I’ve tried. I think I prefer Bigelow’s Vanilla blends better (Vanilla Chai and Vanilla Caramel), but this is pretty good when I’m in the right mood. Vanilla + black tea = not much to say!

This is by far my favorite tea. I have tried MANY other vanillas and they are mostly too sweet for me. The key to this tea, for me, is to use one tea bag for 2 cups of tea. It gets to just the right strength and I get more enjoyment out of one bag! I am VERY disappointed they stopped selling this in the US. I plan to buy via mail order and have shipped to a friend in the UK, then pick it up when I visit in the spring. I will try the Tetley’s Earl Grey Vanilla. Other vanillas in a similar, less sweet vein: Harney & Sons Vanilla and Bentley’s French Vanilla.

My favourite for late night consumption – not too strong, nice with two spoons of sugar.
Increasingly hard to find.

I love it. Especially when it’s cold outside and I’d like to taste something hot but not too sweet and not too bitter. Very nice with good company, a good movie and some good chocolate biscuits ;)

It definitely has a synthetic quality to the vanilla but it isn’t horrible for a cheaper tea. No matter how long you steep that bag, it always tastes the same so if you forget about it for ten minutes, which I do occasionally, it doesn’t have that bitter taste most black teas do after steeping too long.

Maybe is the best vanilla tea you can find at super market! Delicious scent and flavor ♥

I don’t like this tea, smells like chemical vanilla! the real natural vanilla flavour is so different!
For the nostalgic ones: you can still find this tea in Italy.