English Breakfast Decaf

Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Twinings

Ceylon and Indian teas.

Directions
Pour freshly boiled water over teabag and allow to brew for 2-5 minutes depending on desired strength.

About Twinings View company

This tea would have been simple and good if I hadn’t tried to experiment! I love black teas and almost always add cream but realized after I brewed this one that I had run out. I did, however, have some evaporated milk in the fridge and thought it would be a good substitution for the thicker cream. I added sugar and a bit of the cold milk. The evaporated milk has such a distinct flavor that it really overwhelmed the tea. It wasn’t great, or even good, but it was okay. I sipped it until it got cold then tossed the rest. I’ll be trying this tea again, with my standard cream, and expect it will be much better.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have had the caffeinated version of this tea several times and liked it quite a bit. I am a big Twinings fan so I had high expectations when I bought the decaf version of their English Breakfast. I wanted black tea I could drink in the evening while studying. However, I found the tea tasted more like the paper that made up the bag than the tea. I was really disappointed. I might give it another try but right now I don’t feel inclined to buy this tea again.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

It’s alright, especially because I can drink it anytime without worrying about caffeine keeping me up ‘til all hours. But, it’s not nearly as strong as its fully-leaded counterpart. The flavor seems to be gone by the time I’ve had half a cup, whereas I can get nearly 4 halfway decent cups out of the regular English Breakfast.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more