English Breakfast Decaf

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Twinings

Ceylon and Indian teas.

Pour freshly boiled water over teabag and allow to brew for 2-5 minutes depending on desired strength.

About Twinings View company

Oh, for a black unflavored decaf that doesn’t taste like dishwater and has the flavor punch of a judo master. (Does judo involve punching? Pardon my combat illiteracy.)
Well, Twinings decaf offering doesn’t punch; it noodged a little when I left the bag in. In plain English, the tea flavor was strong enough to detect after a good 20 minutes in the cup. Camouflaged with milk, it might be a plausible work afternooner.

Judo is more self defense (my boyfriend was a sensei)

but I’ve heard Twinnings has the best EB out there!!

My favorite American-market Twinings is their Irish Breakfast.

Oooh that sounds good. I’ve never seen it around

This is completely unacceptable. Malnourished children are dying on tea farms in India! I absolutely love tea but I am absolutely appalled at the horrible living conditions of these tea workers in Assam. We need to demand better conditions and higher wages for these workers. Stop the child labor! I will no longer buy tea from the following companies: Twinings, Lipton, Tetleys, Yorkshire Tea, Harrods, Fortnum and Mason, Doomur Dullung, and PG Tips.

Thank you so much for posting this.

I have been looking a decaf black tea that I like as much as the (now discontinued) Earl Grey from DT. This one is decent with some milk, but the hunt will continue!

This tea would have been simple and good if I hadn’t tried to experiment! I love black teas and almost always add cream but realized after I brewed this one that I had run out. I did, however, have some evaporated milk in the fridge and thought it would be a good substitution for the thicker cream. I added sugar and a bit of the cold milk. The evaporated milk has such a distinct flavor that it really overwhelmed the tea. It wasn’t great, or even good, but it was okay. I sipped it until it got cold then tossed the rest. I’ll be trying this tea again, with my standard cream, and expect it will be much better.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have had the caffeinated version of this tea several times and liked it quite a bit. I am a big Twinings fan so I had high expectations when I bought the decaf version of their English Breakfast. I wanted black tea I could drink in the evening while studying. However, I found the tea tasted more like the paper that made up the bag than the tea. I was really disappointed. I might give it another try but right now I don’t feel inclined to buy this tea again.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

It’s alright, especially because I can drink it anytime without worrying about caffeine keeping me up ‘til all hours. But, it’s not nearly as strong as its fully-leaded counterpart. The flavor seems to be gone by the time I’ve had half a cup, whereas I can get nearly 4 halfway decent cups out of the regular English Breakfast.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more