Camomile and Maple Sensation

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “There are some teas that I can't tell if I like them or not,which means if I keep drinking those teas,I will just get nothing in mind.And it happens this time as well.I tried steeping it in hot...” Read full tasting note
    Rheya 67 tasting notes
  • “Took these to work today to finish off. I'm not a fan. The dry leaf smells strongly of maple syrup, but with a slight edge to it that makes me think it's artificial flavouring rather than the real...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 965 tasting notes
  • “Really nice tea where the flavours come through well, I thought this would be too sweet but its just about right, the only problem is that after drinking this I want to go and eat waffles and ice...” Read full tasting note
    mattjcuk 13 tasting notes

From Twinings

A soothing amble into sweet indulgence. We’ve intensified the delicate, honeyed taste of camomile with the toasted richness of maple flavour. Then added a hint of vanilla flavour for a warm, velvety finish. It’s a wonderfully seductive combination.

This special blend is perfect when you want a moment to kick back and relax.

About Twinings View company

There are some teas that I can’t tell if I like them or not,which means if I keep drinking those teas,I will just get nothing in mind.And it happens this time as well.I tried steeping it in hot water——not have a damn clue what I was drinking,some chamomile notes which is not so fresh or green,with some very detectable artificial and dusty 、medicine notes.
Yesterday night as I found there is another teabag of it left ,I figured if I could make it better with cold water.Wow,the tea improved so much once brewed cold!I was even picturing golden caramel cubes in my mind!The liquid has a mouthful and almost solid feeling in my mouth.Maple-y and a little smoky ,much more drinkable though there still remained some paper-and-dust-like notes.Chamomile is dominant and a little sour ,but not odd at all. I have to admit that chamomile covers a amazingly wide range as to its blends’ texture.

Took these to work today to finish off. I’m not a fan. The dry leaf smells strongly of maple syrup, but with a slight edge to it that makes me think it’s artificial flavouring rather than the real thing. I might be wrong, but that’s what it smells like to me. I can also smell chamomile, a distinctive, sweet, apple-like scent that’s actually quite pleasant.

Upon first tasting this, I was pretty repulsed. It’s very sweet and rather cloying. The maple flavour comes out most clearly, and it’s hard to taste the chamomile at all. As it cools, though, this becomes infinetly more pleasant. Some of the initial sweetness fades, and the apple-like flavours of the chamomile start to come through. I think I might actually take these back home, and have them iced in the summer. It’s definetly better cool, and I’m no longer pulling my “ugh, I don’t like this face”.

This is no better and no worse than I expected from supermarket tea. The combination of flavours should have been a good one, but it falls a little short of my idealisation in its current form. I can just imagine what this might be like if it were made with whole chamomile flowers and generous amounts of maple syrup. Unfortunaely, this is one dream that ended in dust, quite literally.

Really nice tea where the flavours come through well, I thought this would be too sweet but its just about right, the only problem is that after drinking this I want to go and eat waffles and ice cream with maple syrup!

8 min or more