Pure White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Recep

From Twinings

A quality pure white tea from the Fujian province of China.

About Twinings View company

Backlog – I think this is the tea I had at work today that I brought from home last week LOL I finally scouted out the kettle and decided to try it with this tea. Not too bad, a nice sweet aftertaste, which was a bit strange for a white tea, but I needed tea so badly anything would be good. I have yet to try the Keurig, it only has some bigelow green tea for it though, which I used to like, before I found all this AMAZING tea. Ah well, I will eventually bring my loose teas. For now, bags. And hey, I can use up some stuff in my cupboard maybe lol.

Tastes like nothing…. reminds me why I drink loose leaf. It might be good but I am not picking up anything and I have been steeping it for about 2 hours. Oh well, at least it was free.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

I don’t think I have ever logged this here. In fact I can’t remember the last time I drank this bagged tea. Not that long ago I would have steeped it for 4-5 minutes in boiling water. It always tasted like a mild black tea and I was content with that. Today, I steeped for 1 ½ minutes in below boiling water. I am going to go against the flow with this review. I think this is a pleasant cup. It does not have the depth of a loose leaf white but still, given that it is a bag, it is quite nice. Short steep and cool temp.

Weird. Kind of made me even more thirsty after drinking.

Haha, it’s the tannins! But pure white tea with tannins o.O

That’s why I made ginger water last nite.

It had an off… chemical flavor. Did not taste tea at all. :( Disappointed.

This has to be steeped carefully: at 95 degrees Celsius, for 1 minute (absolutely no longer).

The smell is very flowery and pleasant, the color is dark yellow/orange. This feels very soft in mouth, somewhat different feeling from black or green teas. Taste is very light, bit bitterness at aftertaste. This doesn’t taste anything at first, the taste comes slowly. Not good, but neither bad, average tea.

pour hot but not boiling water (95°C) over the tea bag and brew for 1 minute -not more.

light, delicate and smooth flavor.

I have to admit I didn’t expect much of this tea, and it lived up to my expectations. While it does taste vaguely like white tea, it’s incredibly flat, bland and uninteresting.

It doesn’t taste like anything.

I was quite concerned that the packet didn’t say what type of white tea this was, suggesting it was a blend of broken leaf from random gardens, and the taste and appearance suggested this was exactly what it was. It didn’t do it for me – too strong, none of the delicate flavours that I love white tea for (melon, fruit, sweetness) just a dark liquid with a slightly bitter aftertaste.