Pure Camomile

Herbal Tea
Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “Happy Monday Steepsterites! I know I am definitely suffering from "a case of the Mondays" or maybe I am getting sick from the annoyingly fall weather we have been having here in NJ. It is hot...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “Wimpy and basically tasteles, so it goes well with food. Also helps with menstrual cramps and digestive upsets. The teabags can be used for a variety of purposes like soothing sore eyes or a patch...” Read full tasting note
    Rena-Sherwood 67 tasting notes
  • “this is a tea i drink for comfort & to ease stomach aches. it's very gentle, has a subtle floral flavour. i like it best with a wee splash of honey. it's not an adventurous tea, but when your...” Read full tasting note
    AmandaEarl 60 tasting notes
  • “This is a tea my mom got me a while ago that I haven't tried yet. I brewed one bag in approximately one cup of boiling water (using a pre-warmed mug) for 5 minutes. The smell doesn't seem too...” Read full tasting note
    tsukikage 13 tasting notes

From Twinings

Camomile herb teas has long been a European favorite, with its light clean flavor and soothing effect. One of the most widely used herbs in the world today, camomile was first discovered by the Egyptians who dedicated it to their gods for its many useful properties. The Greeks also used camomile extensively, naming it “ground apple” for the apple-like aroma of the herb. Enjoy the soothing and calming benefits of Twinings Camomile Herbal Tea.

Pure Camomile, renowned for its calming and soothing properties, has been carefully selected to bring you a premium herbal tea that can help ease your spirits. Relax with its pure golden flavour, take in the floral aromas, and sit back and enjoy.

About Twinings View company

Happy Monday Steepsterites! I know I am definitely suffering from “a case of the Mondays” or maybe I am getting sick from the annoyingly fall weather we have been having here in NJ. It is hot during the day (like need the air conditioning and a fan) and then cold at night (as pile on as many blankets and cats as you have to keep warm). That mixed with my hectic work and activity schedule means I am run down. I asked for some honey for one of my many other teas from my co-worker and was offered a bag of this to try and help. How could I refuse? I have never had this and might as well get a tasting note out of it.

Well I have never had “camomile” – I have had chamomile, but never on it’s own, always with green or black tea as an additive for soothing and comfort, never just straight.

The tea bag has literally no aroma. Nothing. I put it in my mug and poured some hot water over and waited. I allowed the bag to infuse for 5 minutes. Slightly grassy aroma, something like weeds and flowers on a warm spring day when all the flowers are blooming and you are overwhelmed with pollen. The flavor: Blech. This tastes like nothing. That’s not true, it tastes like something, I don’t know what, but not what I pictured. Leave the bag in the tea for another 5 minutes (10 minutes total). Now I am getting the grassy flavor, a little like the dandelions or other random flowers – nothing I would call tea (then again, I should not call it tea, it is herbal tea, meaning no actual tea). It is however soothing and calming, the throat pain is melting away, good, but the taste, I am going to have trouble drinking the rest of this…

Have no fear! I got honey for a reason, added a teaspoon to my tea. Now it tastes like warm honey followed immediately by the floral-grass taste. This is not much better, but just enough that I should be able to finish my mug, as for any energy from this, that is not going to happen, but as long as I feel better…

I will hold out on an actual rating because I do not like this, this is not something I would normally drink, but all of my senses might not be 100% either. Furthermore, if it actually soothes and calms and I feel better it would get a higher rating because it did what was advertised, so until then, enjoy!

8 min or more
Carolyn

Fresh chamomile has a strong floral, honeyed fragrance and a sweet flowery taste. If the chamomile is fresh the fragrance will be so strong that you’ll wish it would just go away. However, chamomile that is old tastes dull and grassy or sometimes like hay and smells like nothing. So it sounds as if you’ve tried old, stale chamomile. It is worth keeping an open mind to fresh new chamomile simply because it is a very different experience.

Wimpy and basically tasteles, so it goes well with food. Also helps with menstrual cramps and digestive upsets. The teabags can be used for a variety of purposes like soothing sore eyes or a patch of itchy skin. They also make a nice SPLAT when you hurl them against a wall or at someone you particularly dislike.

gmathis

Never considered the aerodynamic properties of used teabags before…but I may need to!

Rena Sherwood

The drier they are, the farther they fly — but they don’t make that nice SPLAT then.

Jillian

Plus it’s no fun it you don’t get the leftover liquid splattered everywhere. ;)

HungryForTea

So THAT’S how chamomile tea relieves stress!!!

this is a tea i drink for comfort & to ease stomach aches. it’s very gentle, has a subtle floral flavour. i like it best with a wee splash of honey. it’s not an adventurous tea, but when your stomach needs soothing & your body feels icky, it’ll help. in Mexico, i drank manzanilla tea when the stomach turned.

This is a tea my mom got me a while ago that I haven’t tried yet. I brewed one bag in approximately one cup of boiling water (using a pre-warmed mug) for 5 minutes. The smell doesn’t seem too strong; it’s about a third as strong as I remember the loose-leaf chamomile I drink being. Now, I did have a hunk of cheddar cheese about half an hour ago, so this might be affecting my taste, but it seems quite weak in terms of flavor as well. It definitely is light and clean, but it comes quite close to “drinking hot water” territory. Perhaps the flavor will become stronger as the tea cools.
As of now, I neither like it nor dislike it.

Bought this when I went to London recently (Singapore has an abysmal range of teas available on the shelf, unless you go to a cafe) and I absolutely love it. I prefer mild flavors, and the Pure Camomile is very light and bouncy. Makes my afternoons in the office slightly more cheery!

Well I can’t compare it to other brands, but I think this is just lovely!

Really relaxing, a beautiful and soothing way to end a day. Tastes sort of like potatoes, if that makes any sense…

I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately, so I’ve lowered my caffeine intake to before 6PM, meaning I have to drastically expand my caffeine-free stash. This was a one-off teabag I took from a hotel room, as I thought it was worth a try but don’t really drink chamomile often enough to buy it. It just doesn’t do it for me, if I’m having a caffeine free tea, I’ll usually go for a rooibos. As it was free, there’s not harm in trying it!

The bag itself smelled kinda funky, nearly like feet, so I wasn’t exactly excited about it. However when brewed, the feet smell dissipates (thank heavens!) and leaves a kind of honeyed floral smell instead, which is SO much more pleasant.

I’m still not a huge fan of chamomile, but this is a lot nicer than others I’ve tried, and a lot nicer than I was expecting. It’s a more rounded flavour than I’m used to in chamomiles, and the flower somehow tastes more mature (?). I’m not even sure what I mean by that, but it’s less sharp and more ‘friendly’ than your average chamomile. Very calming. I added a teaspoon of honey and it added a smoothness as well as sweetness to the taste, and made it a drink which I would happily turn to as a nightcap.

I should also mention that the sachet this came in read ‘calming chamomile’. Since I could not find any information about that one, and it is by the same company as this one and contains exactly the same things, I assumed they’d just changed the product name, maybe to fit in as part of a set? It seems to be the same thing, anyway.

Not so keen on this one as I find it too weak. I think camomile is best fresher and loose…that sounded a little dirty.

I’ve previously had the vanilla, honey and camomile twinings a few times, which was exactly as it sounds – sweet and suitable for the winter months.

On its own though, the camomile really shines through as a floral, well balanced infusion. It bathes the tongue in easy-going notes of custard and fresh spring flowers.

I may have left the water to cool a bit too much for this tea, and it took a while for the bouquet to have much character. I think a little warmer and it could have released some sharper notes and prevented it from being a little boring.

This smells like honey with a tiny whiff of flower. I don’t really like the overwhelming flower scents that some teas have, so I really like this. The taste is pretty mild, but I really enjoy it. I could have drank it straight, but I added a tiny bit of sugar and it tastes like honey and light flower.