Everyday Tea (new blend)

Edit tea info Last updated by Dan C
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 250 ml

• “This is all I've been drinking today, because I have a really awful cold. It's so unlike me, but I just can't face the thought of anything flavoured. It's not great tea, but it's a hot drink and...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1004 tasting notes
  • “Boring review today, I'm afraid. I've been really busy this weekend, with my parents visiting me at uni, having an essay to write and also staying up until ridiculous hours to watch the NBA all...” Read full tasting note
    NatalieOgden 47 tasting notes
  • “There was 2 bags of this tea in my Twinings pineapple&grapefruit green tea box along with useless coupon. I have never before seen Twinings everyday tea, nor tasted it. Even this green tea box was...” Read full tasting note
    Kendaren 31 tasting notes

From Twinings

Because Twinings new Everyday Tea combines a traditionally strong base of African and Indonesian teas, with the rich, malty taste of Assam. This is perfectly complemented by hand-picked Yunnan tea; a rare, but essential ingredient that gives a special and unique finish. The new Everyday blend is an everyday tea with more taste, designed for everyday drinking, helping to “get you back to you” all weeklong.

About Twinings View company

This is all I’ve been drinking today, because I have a really awful cold. It’s so unlike me, but I just can’t face the thought of anything flavoured. It’s not great tea, but it’s a hot drink and it’s making me feel a smidge better, which is more or less all that matters to me right now. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal soon. I’ve got all kinds of tasty tea heading my way!

Boring review today, I’m afraid. I’ve been really busy this weekend, with my parents visiting me at uni, having an essay to write and also staying up until ridiculous hours to watch the NBA all star weekend (being an English NBA fan really sucks, the time difference means that if I want to watch a game I usually have to wait until like 2AM before it starts). I haven’t really had time to play around with teas as much as I usually do, so I’ve mainly been drinking bagged generic black tea, or coffee to keep myself awake. This particular tea wasn’t even mine – I nabbed it from my parents’ hotel room. I had this with milk and one sugar (one of those crappy little pots of milk) and even with the plastic-y tasting milk it was a very good cup of everyday tea. It was actually nice to give my taste buds a rest and just have a simple brew, and for a plain teabag this was pretty much as good as I expected.

I would recommend this tea, but only if you don’t have a major thing for loose leaf. If you’re looking for ‘everyday’, it’s pretty decent.

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

There was 2 bags of this tea in my Twinings pineapple&grapefruit green tea box along with useless coupon. I have never before seen Twinings everyday tea, nor tasted it. Even this green tea box was new to me, found it from shop specialized to selling dried fruits, nuts, organic foods, teas and so on. You don’t find this from market.

So to the review! Lipton yellow label, yes, that is what this tastes like. I hate yellow label, and I haven’t tasted it for months, but that taste still haunts me. This is only slightly better than yellow label, this taste is more light and smooth, not that kind of sting like yellow label. I don’t like the aftertaste that tastes in your mouth for minutes.

I don’t recommend this tea for anyone, and I would not EVER buy this tea. Sorry if this review is bit harsh, but this tea reminds me too much of Yellow label. Why Twinings? Just why???