Strawberry and Mango Fresh and Fruity

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by .snowglobe angel.

From Twinings

Fancy Afternoon Tea? fancy Tea on a tropical island? blended with strawberrys with exotic sweet flavour of sun dried mangoes.

each sip is refreshing, satisfying and filled with sunshine.

Its English summer tea with a tropical twist.

About Twinings View company

juicy and refreshing, even hot. I wanted something thirst-quenching and caffeine free. Obviously, it’s a bagged tea, so it’s not as fresh as a loose leaf blend with larger fruit pieces would be, but it’s not as bad as I feared. I’m definitely getting strawberry, then just something generally a bit tart and fruity that’s probably the mango+hibisucs combo.

Ewwww – hibiscus, blechy, blechy!

Anyways I’m having such a good time in Vancouver that I’m actually staying another couple days. Par-ty! XDD

This is one of my favourite teas. I love it so much! Not only delicious warm, but also very tasty when ice cold. Perfect for summer months :)

Pretty good on the whole. Much more strawberry than mango in that thar cup, though!

Valandil

I’m worried they’re generally too high :S
At 45% (which is still 3rd class pass), this is the lowest rating I’ve given so far.

Fruity but not really distinct.
Not bad but didn’t set me on fire.

I liked this fruity refreshing tea. I do agree it is better once it has cooled or served chilled.

Sipdown! (30/368)

Hello steepster! So it’s been another month again! I knew I wasn’t going to have much time for steepster of late, but am hopefully going to be able to write up notes more often now. I’ve had to admit defeat and apply for extenuating circumstances with my remaining work, which means that if it’s granted I won’t be graduating this summer, but in November instead. ):

I’m moving out of my student flat at the end of June, and want to have less tea to pack when I do move, so I’m going to be concentrating on sipping down a lot of teas! This was one, because I’d been saving the last bag to review and the box was taking up room. It had been a while since I drank this tea, and was actually only down to the bottom of the box because I’d been palming it off on Frank, so I couldn’t really remember how it tasted. The bright red liquid and slightly sour smell instantly screamed ‘hibiscus’ to me, and I added a sweetener stupidly without trying the tea first. This was a mistake. The tea was so sweet I could barely bring myself to drink it! Had it not been the final cup I think it would have been dumped. Blech. Although having said that, had I not added the sweetener I think this would have been very pleasant. It’s not often I come across a bagged fruit tea which isn’t overwhelmed by hibiscus. The strawberry comes across strongly and is very much at the fore of the sip, with the mango being almost undetectable – merely a whisper in the background. It does add another dimension to the tea than if it were simply a strawberry tea, but I’m not entirely convinced that it’s a dimension that I like, or is needed. The flavours also come across as somewhat artificial, which I’m not too surprised about from a basic Twinings tea. I actually think this would be quite enjoyable if I wasn’t so spoiled by good teas, and Frank seemed to like them.
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 9 OZ / 266 ML

One of my favorites, strawberry overpowers, but thats just fine with me. Underrated, i think anybody that is looking for a tasty sweet tea should take a sip of this one.

I just found a lone bag of this in my cupboard and I have no idea where it came from. Might as well write some quick notes for it while I await the return of my husband, I finally persuaded him to visit the emergency room at a nearby hospital about his eye. It’s watery and itchy now, hoping he hasn’t done any serious damage to it.

After the 4 minute steeping time the tea liquid is dark red with a sweet yet somewhat synthetic strawberry scent with sour mango behind it. Not disgusting but not as nice as it could be, I suppose it’s not bad if you don’t mind artificial flavouring.

Flavour wise the mango is strongest with a rather sour after taste and the strawberry on contrast is much too sweet and sugary. There is no real depth to the tea, it resembles a flavoured water in terms of strength and there is very little to it.

I will finish the cup (or at least most of it) but this is something I would not try again. The flavours don’t work well together and it’s just not that fruity which is what I expect from my fruit teas. Also I’m not a fan of the artificial flavour of this, much too sweet for my taste.

keychange

I hope your husband feels better soon. That has got to be supremely irritating for him.

This tea is aromatic; strawberry and mango smell amazing together. Personally the strawberry is perfect, but I feel like there’s too much tang.