Butter Mint Sensation

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Beatles4Life

From Twinings

This herbal tea is a mixture of peppermint leaves and aromatic vanilla.

About Twinings View company

Thank you Scheherazade for this sample. You included two tea bags which is enough for both me and my husband to try. :) He says “Thank You”.

Once steeped it has a strong mint scent with a creamy undertone. Strong yet sweet and rather fresh smelling (especially for a teabag). I did notice the teabag as to be expected contained finely chopped blend so I believe that this tea could be steeped for less time if you would prefer a light mint tea.

Flavour is strong and minty, enough to give a refreshing tingle upon my tongue. Immediately after I swallowed the vanilla came through to tone down the mint and leave a creamy, sweet after taste. It tastes like creamy mint caramel sweets I used to buy as a child. Only mildly so, really the vanilla is very subtle compared to the mint. Still it’s a very nice and simple blend, not sure it should be called butter though especially, mint cream would have been my suggestion.

I would buy this tea again to keep in my cupboard for stomach upsets.

morebloodytea

I really liked this – it has a wonderful smell whilst brewing and tastes just like something out of a bag of boiled mint sweets!

I actually think this is far and away the best of the Twinings Sensations range. It’s the one that tastes most like it promises, and no hibiscus in sight! There’s a bonus if ever there was one. Mint and vanilla is a good combination, though — the flavours complement each other perfectly. It really does taste like a butter mint, and I think it would be great iced. One to remember for the summer.

The bag is primarily chopped mint leaves, and it heralds a very dark brown, murky liquor, as bagged mint teas generally do. There’s enough vanilla to add a wonderful creamy sweetness, though, and it actually makes a pretty perfect winter tea. This is possibly one of the few bagged teas I’d consider keeping around. Definitely worth a try.

I think I prefer the traditional mint better,though this one is not bad.

gmathis

Yum. Butter mints are one of those candies I can eat a full bag of and not realize I’ve done so until I’m down to cellophane.

Rheya

I like butter mints since childhood =V= .So maybe I should give it another try,adding some sugar/honey,thanks~

This tea is one of my favourites. I got it at the Twinings shop in London, and I like to drink it in the afternoon with my lunch. The flavour is very reminiscent of those after dinner mints I used to enjoy as a child on those rare occasions when we would go out to dinner. Also, the box smells of sweets, which makes me happy.