Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mark Graham

• “I blame TheTeaFairy. I had to skillet toast a PBJ this evening. I had it with Twinings Chai. It stood up to the challenge better than I imagined. Maybe someday I will actually learn to appreciate...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1158 tasting notes
  • “I had two cups of this at my neighbors house today and was actually quite impressed, so I'm surprised by some of the comments & low ratings it's been given here .. A medium strength black that...” Read full tasting note
    Serendipitea 65 tasting notes
  • “So, it's administrative assistants appreciation week at work, and we get treats. Today was a coffee/tea break from Pete's Frootique, and I snagged a bagged chai from Twinings, I'm always wary of...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes
  • “I received this today in a packet of teas from K S. This Chai is richer tasting and more aromatic than Twining's Christmas tea, which is similar. The Christmas tea contains artificial flavors,...” Read full tasting note
    bburrowes 141 tasting notes

From Twinings

Once upon a time, Chai was drunk only by the royalty in India. But word got out about its spicy, soothing flavour & soon the streets were filled with the distinctive scent of cinnamon, ginger and cloves.

Chai is perfect at any time of day,but particularly in the afternoon. Invite some friends round and share the secret all over again.

About Twinings View company

Noticed a box of Twinings Chai in my grandmother’s cupboard this past Easter so I took 2 bags to try. A very nice chai, especially for a teabag that is drinkable straight up. Some might think that the spices are weak but personally I like it that it is drinkable as is without needing massive amounts of cream and honey to tone down the spices to be less than overwhelming.

This tea isn’t flavorful at all, both in terms of tea and spices. I used 3 bags in my cup today and it still tastes watery. I almost wonder if there is tea in those bags. This doesn’t even come close to loose-leaf chai.

I love Chai so much I can say that is one of my favorite kinds of tea and this tea makes me happy. So the way how I had stumbled upon it was I was just at Publix (My local supper market) and I was looking for my favorite Chai tea, but before I saw my tea I saw a Lovely selection of teas and a whole lot of Chai and I then I say Twinings Chai and I was really apprehensive in getting it but I was like it couldn’t really hurt so I got it and I was so happy with and uh it was lovely I had it black first then with sugar and then with milk and it was amazing and it isn’t as sweet as my old favorite since I put the sugar I like this one much more c:

I love chai tea. Love it, love it, love it. I could drink it every day… so why don’t I?

This tea isn’t a strong chai. But I could definitely use it as my morning caffeine.

Cofftea

Yes, why don’t you? I do:)

Sure if you need a chai and you are locked up in Morrisons with a cup and kettle, go for it. Very smooth for commercial appeal but has no passion! My fav’s (Biochai and Palquin and even CS) aren’t afraid to slap you in the face with flavor & let everyone’s nostrils know what you are drinking. But if you want mellow, nothing wrong with the twinnings.

It was… ok.
Tazo has a fuller better flavor, this was kind of flat.

This is a tea bag. Meh, it’s okay. Something about it is “off” to me. It has to be loaded up with sugar to make it palate-able.

back to the tea bags again, alas. i prefer to make this by steaming it with milk in a pot on the stove. i’ve tried to do it in the microwave but it just isn’t as tasty. so i boil a cup of milk & a bit of water with the chai tea bag. for this brand of chai, i need only one tea bag. another brand, President’s Choice (Loblaws) requires two, while a chai from Starbucks is ridiculously peppery to the point where it’s too much to handle. after the milk boils, i simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally. i add honey to my cup & strain the grotty skin off the concoction. this is tasty, perhaps could be simmered for a few minutes longer to be as strong as i normally enjoy.

quintessential tea for me. perfect milky with sugar and honey.

I’ve had trouble getting this tea to taste right. My mom was successful but only by using a buttload of milk and sugar, but I don’t prefer to add sweeteners to most teas (although milk/cream is okay in certain chai situations).