Decaffeinated Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by IVerbYourNoun

• “Got this one for my boyfriend, who likes earl grey tea (only) but likes to drink it at night, when the caffeine is not helpful. I figured that since Twinings is a decent grocery tea, I would give...” Read full tasting note
    Mookit 86 tasting notes
  • “Pretty standard Earl Grey taste, yet it’s one I’ve really come to associate with comforting – I could drink EG all day, every day. I have been hunting for a decaf blend for a...” Read full tasting note
    raven22 328 tasting notes

From Twinings

The decaffeinated version of a classic brew. Light, fragrant and with distinctive lemon and bergamot flavous.

About Twinings View company

Got this one for my boyfriend, who likes earl grey tea (only) but likes to drink it at night, when the caffeine is not helpful. I figured that since Twinings is a decent grocery tea, I would give the decaf earl grey a try. I had a cup with my boyfriend while we were watching out nightly tv show. I have to say, it’s nice to finally share a tea with him. He won’t drink it otherwise!

Even as I opened the box, I was surprised at how lemony the tea smells. I was expecting the bergamot aroma to be strong, since it’s just regular earl grey. But actually the lemon is very strong both in the aroma and the flavour. It’s not necessarily bad, but both me and my boyfriend were a little surprised. Thankfully, he still likes the taste of it, and likes it better than the generic brand I started him on. I enjoyed my cup as well, I guess it just wasn’t what I was expecting.

That being said, this would make a great iced tea.

Shae

Twinings Earl Grey and Decaf Earl Grey were the first teas I started with when I began drinking tea regularly, and I still keep at least one of them on hand. I’ve never noticed a difference between the two, but I don’t think I was ever paying that close attention. I just thought they were both equally wonderful. :)

Mookit

I don’t remember ever trying the regular Twinings Earl Grey (just other earl grey blends), so I am not sure if that one is quite lemony as well. The comparison was just between my past experience with earl grey and this one. I agree though, Twinings is a great brand to start off a tea journey with! I just doubt my boyfriend will ever really branch out, haha.

Pretty standard Earl Grey taste, yet it’s one I’ve really come to associate with comforting – I could drink EG all day, every day. I have been hunting for a decaf blend for a while, because I really enjoy having this at night, but a caffienated version doesn’t do me any favours, so I was happy to find this.