English Breakfast

Almond, Malt, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1409 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what's outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly....as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1767 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven't left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so secret...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 538 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

Added some Hemp Milk and a little sweetener. Good but I’d like to try some other brands or a loose leaf variety.

Been drinking this at my friend’s house in Philly with almond milk and sugar. Makes for a great Thanksgiving dinner tea…

this I if in the bag do not let it steep too long the bitterness can get to u and do not squeeze the bag as i have seen others do, this can cause the bitterness to be more predominant. but as i have said in other notes that i like to not steep the tea as much unless it is loose leaf then it’s done by color for me depending of the type of tea. but each person has there own way. i do prefer the loose leaf less bitterness hugs* it’s still a wonderful tea.

This is the first non-earl grey tea ive tried and i was pleasantly surprised. It features the balanced flavour Ive grown accustomed to in Twinings. It offers a medium yet full bodied taste. I think this tea is a great morning tea as many here have stated. It would do well on the go with a bagel or a full breakfast as opposed to coffee. But could also be enjoyed in the evening after a long days work.

Travels well. I don’t like it quite as much as the Twinings IBT, but it is solid and good with a shot of milk or 1/2 and 1/2.

This is a pretty good backup to PG Tips. The loose leaf is better than the bags of course, but harder to get in Canada. The tea in the bags is often dust quality tea so you really have to be careful when brewing it not to over steep.

I find Twinings is often overpriced since it’s an import here, but it’s far better than any of the bland supermarket Orange Pekoe/ Ceylon teas that are the alternative in Canada.

And as always with black tea make sure your water is actually boiling when you pour it on for the best flavour!

Trying this for the first time…..I’m enjoying my morning cup but it’s probably not something I would go out and buy over and over again. I prefer Morning Thunder or PG Tips for bagged tea in the morning. I added milk (as I do with nearly all black teas) and it overpowered the taste of the tea. My water was just “hot” and not freshly boiled though, so that may have something to do with it.

Edit: For my second cup, I steeped the tea with the milk rather than splashing it in once I was ready to drink it. BIG DIFFERENCE! Tasty.

Today I drink this tea in the afternoon without anything adding in it. For this tea, I prefer the one with milk.

Just finished my second cup of this brewed loose….its pleasantly good,not fancy or exotic but good english tea time tea.Puts lipton loose to shame. I could drink this anytime of day,its not a kick in the pants like twinings irish breakfast, but just a simple decent english cup of tea.This will be a staple in my cupboard from now on.