English Breakfast

Almond, Malt, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1458 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5719 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1794 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 540 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

Good, but I think the Irish Breakfast is better.

It is tea. I wish I could wax poetic about it, but eh. A very good comfort tea with milk and a nice pick me up in the morning.
My mother got me a big box of it, and I found it under a pile of papers. Now I feel obligated to drink it, not really a chore only kind of.

One of my current favourites. With sugar and homemade bread.

gmathis

I like the homemade bread part … suddenly reverting to childhood when my mom would make “skillet toast” with bread slathered with butter and sprinkled sugar.

wll i have a sore throat so i wanted something quick so brewed this up nothing special but i wanted lemon in it…no lemons. so i dropped a bag of lemon zinger in for a 1 minute to get a lemony flavor to the generic tea taste. it is soothing my sore throat so its doing the job. the color is so murky its kinda gross looking! lol tastes fine tho.

I grew up believing this was the only tea available on the market.
Essential, the tea for all seasons.

Having my usual morning cuppa.

Twinings was the first brand I went to when I became enthusiastic about tea, particularly loose leaf. I’m not too fond of their bagged version (it always leaves a stale aftertaste) but the loose is great. Recommended!

I actually switched out my coffee for a cup of this this morning… A nice change!

How i got it: Bought it (Twinings’ Classics Collection Pack)

Experience: After all that Basilur, let’s begin now with a new pack of Twinings teas. This English Breakfast smells very similar to a Ceylon, but without its typical fruity/crisp notes, somehow going more to the Kenyan side. It has a smoother taste than other Breakfast blends I’ve tried, too, and doesn’t show the soft-bitter notes i usually notice in them, but keeps the character and the body. As in the aroma, its flavor is very similar to a Kenyan tea. Mild intensity. I can sense some caramel/nutty-like notes too. Not a very complex tea, but a nice one however. Quite good.

Would i buy it again?: It has some possibilities. (Maybe I’ll get the whole pack again, hehe)

Not a bad tea at all. It’s a classic – something I know will always taste good, and always be available when I need it. I have it with a dash of milk and it’s warming and comforting.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML