English Breakfast

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1158 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what's outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly....as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4034 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I had a cup of this before we went to New York on friday morning. It was so much fun! We went to the big Old Navy Store and the big Macy's. Then we went around Times Square and I took...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 517 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

Just finished my second cup of this brewed loose….its pleasantly good,not fancy or exotic but good english tea time tea.Puts lipton loose to shame. I could drink this anytime of day,its not a kick in the pants like twinings irish breakfast, but just a simple decent english cup of tea.This will be a staple in my cupboard from now on.

Good, but I think the Irish Breakfast is better.

It is tea. I wish I could wax poetic about it, but eh. A very good comfort tea with milk and a nice pick me up in the morning.
My mother got me a big box of it, and I found it under a pile of papers. Now I feel obligated to drink it, not really a chore only kind of.

One of my current favourites. With sugar and homemade bread.

gmathis

I like the homemade bread part … suddenly reverting to childhood when my mom would make “skillet toast” with bread slathered with butter and sprinkled sugar.

wll i have a sore throat so i wanted something quick so brewed this up nothing special but i wanted lemon in it…no lemons. so i dropped a bag of lemon zinger in for a 1 minute to get a lemony flavor to the generic tea taste. it is soothing my sore throat so its doing the job. the color is so murky its kinda gross looking! lol tastes fine tho.

I grew up believing this was the only tea available on the market.
Essential, the tea for all seasons.

Having my usual morning cuppa.

Twinings was the first brand I went to when I became enthusiastic about tea, particularly loose leaf. I’m not too fond of their bagged version (it always leaves a stale aftertaste) but the loose is great. Recommended!

I actually switched out my coffee for a cup of this this morning… A nice change!

Pull quote: If you don’t have time for loose-leaf tea, this inexpensive black blend teabag, which does not live up to its marketing description, might at least prevent a caffeine-withdraw headache.

Per Twinings:“A rich & satisfying robust tea, traditionally blended with Kenyan & Assam black teas.”

This morning, I brewed Twinings English Breakfast Western style without the teabag in a Finum brewing basket: 8 oz. / 1 teabag (2.1g) / 212*F / 5 min. without sweeteners, milk, or cream.

Leaf: Chocolate brown fannings (dust, “floor sweepings”)
Fragrance: Hay / straw
Liquor: Clear dark amber-brown
Aroma: Aroma? (Perhaps a Bloodhound might smell something.)
Flavor: Malty

5-min.: A smooth, light to medium-bodied malty tea. There was no obvious bitterness or astringency. This tea is not rich, satisfying, or robust even without the teabag!

Impression: If you don’t have time for loose-leaf tea, this inexpensive black blend teabag, which does not live up to its marketing description, might at least prevent a caffeine-withdraw headache.

Method:
RO water re-mineralized with an Aptera filter http://steepster.com/teas/teaware/39532-puregen-aptera-alkamag-water-filter
Brewed western-style conveniently in a tea mug with a brew basket http://steepster.com/teas/teaware/29177-finum-brewing-basket.

Flavors: Malt