English Breakfast

Malt, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1360 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what's outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly....as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1737 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I had a cup of this before we went to New York on friday morning. It was so much fun! We went to the big Old Navy Store and the big Macy's. Then we went around Times Square and I took...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

Good, but I think the Irish Breakfast is better.

It is tea. I wish I could wax poetic about it, but eh. A very good comfort tea with milk and a nice pick me up in the morning.
My mother got me a big box of it, and I found it under a pile of papers. Now I feel obligated to drink it, not really a chore only kind of.

One of my current favourites. With sugar and homemade bread.

gmathis

I like the homemade bread part … suddenly reverting to childhood when my mom would make “skillet toast” with bread slathered with butter and sprinkled sugar.

wll i have a sore throat so i wanted something quick so brewed this up nothing special but i wanted lemon in it…no lemons. so i dropped a bag of lemon zinger in for a 1 minute to get a lemony flavor to the generic tea taste. it is soothing my sore throat so its doing the job. the color is so murky its kinda gross looking! lol tastes fine tho.

I grew up believing this was the only tea available on the market.
Essential, the tea for all seasons.

Having my usual morning cuppa.

Twinings was the first brand I went to when I became enthusiastic about tea, particularly loose leaf. I’m not too fond of their bagged version (it always leaves a stale aftertaste) but the loose is great. Recommended!

I actually switched out my coffee for a cup of this this morning… A nice change!

When I came back from Australia, I stopped by the store to pick some of this up. I still had most of a box left from Melbourne, but I didn’t want to run out and I felt like getting out of the house.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a big difference between the same tea as sold in Australia and what is available on store shelves in the United States. The latter is largely without flavor while the former is a perfect general tea in the English milk-and-sugar style. I’m not sure why this would be and I don’t know if others have had a similar experience, but I’ve tried it from several boxes and from different stores and continue to experience the same thing. I even did some cup after cup switching between the what I had left from Australia and what I got here at home. There is a clear difference.

It makes me a little hesitant to trust ratings too much on this one being that where they come from may affect the actual quality they are getting. All that said, my rating is for the Australian blend/variety/type of Twining’s English Breakfast Tea which is a solid all day cup. I have also ordered a box direct from the UK to see how the original stacks up.

I’ve been holding off on black teas(other than chai) during my past few weeks of tea exploration, but I decided to dip my toe in this week with a Twinings Classics Black Tea Variety Pack. I figured the English Breakfast tea would be a good place to start. With some milk, sugar, and Pumpkin Spice CoffeeMate, this was really enjoyable!