English Breakfast

Caramel, Malt, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1686 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7525 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1919 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

Good, but I think the Irish Breakfast is better.

It is tea. I wish I could wax poetic about it, but eh. A very good comfort tea with milk and a nice pick me up in the morning.
My mother got me a big box of it, and I found it under a pile of papers. Now I feel obligated to drink it, not really a chore only kind of.

One of my current favourites. With sugar and homemade bread.

gmathis

I like the homemade bread part … suddenly reverting to childhood when my mom would make “skillet toast” with bread slathered with butter and sprinkled sugar.

wll i have a sore throat so i wanted something quick so brewed this up nothing special but i wanted lemon in it…no lemons. so i dropped a bag of lemon zinger in for a 1 minute to get a lemony flavor to the generic tea taste. it is soothing my sore throat so its doing the job. the color is so murky its kinda gross looking! lol tastes fine tho.

I grew up believing this was the only tea available on the market.
Essential, the tea for all seasons.

Having my usual morning cuppa.

Twinings was the first brand I went to when I became enthusiastic about tea, particularly loose leaf. I’m not too fond of their bagged version (it always leaves a stale aftertaste) but the loose is great. Recommended!

I actually switched out my coffee for a cup of this this morning… A nice change!

I remember this being delicious the first few times I tried it. Since I was new to the realm of black tea, I steeped it lightly. Over the years, I’ve moved on to loose leaf teas, so I don’t think I’d go back to this one.

This is a full flavored, malty, and smooth taste. I love the chai spice that I get when I drink this tea, I drink it black and over steep it all this time :/ Love this in the morning or in the late afternoon when I need a pick me up.