English Breakfast

Malt, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Caramel, Creamy
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Bucky

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1610 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6785 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1872 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

To be honest, this is probably one of my least favourite teas, and about the only Twinings black tea that I don’t like. Whether it’s teabags or loose tea, whenever I’m given some of this I usually try to palm it off on someone else.

Not sure why, really, I just find it has an unappealing aftertaste. I always drink my tea black with no sugar, so perhaps this one is just better with milk and sugar (in which case, it’s not really the tea for me). I’m always mystified by how popular this tea is!

a good classic breakfast black tea.

My first tea, as well as my favourite.

Classic and simple, but strong enough in the morning. I let it steep for about 4 minutes, so it could’ve been milder.

Wonderful tea, very tasty and quite powerful for fast waking. I use to drink it when i’m studing to keep me awake.

A hearty black tea indeed. Not as satisfying as their Irish breakfast, but still delicious.

It’s a classic. With a few spoonfuls of sugar, it really is a great breakfast tea. What more is there to say?

This is one of my personal favorite teas. I’ve been drinking it since I was a wee little lass. Just like a british lil bitch, I use milk and 2 sugars. But actually usally more because I need it to be super sugary. And I put it in my Adele mug like a BOSS. It’s always brewing at my house. Add a scone or a pastry and YOU GOT SOME BUSINESS!!

A great cuppa to wake you up, definitely. I added a small amount of milk and it tasted like, well, BLACK TEA. Either way, freaking great tea, you can bet I’ll buy more from Twinings.

It is interesting that one of the most reasonably priced teas is also one of the most consistently best. I haven’t found a Twinings tea that I didn’t like…a lot…yet. The Twinings English Breakfast tea continues this tradition with a very robust and flavorful blend. The flavor bursts with a zesty and gallant zing. Visually, even the beaming amber color seems to shout out great taste. As always, I steeped this tea for a full five minutes. This is perfect for my tastebuds but it may be a little strong for some.