English Breakfast

Smooth, Almond, Malt, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1542 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6262 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1839 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 545 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

It’s a classic. With a few spoonfuls of sugar, it really is a great breakfast tea. What more is there to say?

This is one of my personal favorite teas. I’ve been drinking it since I was a wee little lass. Just like a british lil bitch, I use milk and 2 sugars. But actually usally more because I need it to be super sugary. And I put it in my Adele mug like a BOSS. It’s always brewing at my house. Add a scone or a pastry and YOU GOT SOME BUSINESS!!

A great cuppa to wake you up, definitely. I added a small amount of milk and it tasted like, well, BLACK TEA. Either way, freaking great tea, you can bet I’ll buy more from Twinings.

It is interesting that one of the most reasonably priced teas is also one of the most consistently best. I haven’t found a Twinings tea that I didn’t like…a lot…yet. The Twinings English Breakfast tea continues this tradition with a very robust and flavorful blend. The flavor bursts with a zesty and gallant zing. Visually, even the beaming amber color seems to shout out great taste. As always, I steeped this tea for a full five minutes. This is perfect for my tastebuds but it may be a little strong for some.

Twinings English Breakfast, superb BUT! here in australia there is a 100 t bag pack that is entirely different in it’s ‘Unique’ english breakfast flavour. Only the 10 pack individually sealed t bags have the ‘original’ great flavour. So… capitalism wins again folks farm it out to anywhere that can put it over the user. as a jew once said " Tea! what is it good for?"
Neil

It’s quite a nice tea to drink. With the box I bought, each tea bag was individually wrapped.

Definitely a good black bag tea

Not as full-bodied as my preferred Irish Breakfast, the English Breakfast from Twinings provides a nice pick me up when you just roll out of bed. It really isn’t the most flavoursome tea in the world, but its good for just a plain black tea. If brewed for long enough, you can get a bitter taste which is good or bad depending on your preferences.

Best served with milk and sugar. Boiling is also key to drinking this black tea.

Tried loose variety today. Steeped side-by-side with Community black tea bags. Should try a few more cups, but the Twinings English Breakfast is brighter, yet slightly more bitter than the Community black tea bags.

Surprisingly, I don’t like this with creamer in it. Maybe it’s because my creamer is a milk derivative, but it covers up the flavor a little too much. It’s nice and rich on its own. =)

Boiling