English Breakfast

Caramel, Grain, Malt, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1610 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6785 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1872 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

It is interesting that one of the most reasonably priced teas is also one of the most consistently best. I haven’t found a Twinings tea that I didn’t like…a lot…yet. The Twinings English Breakfast tea continues this tradition with a very robust and flavorful blend. The flavor bursts with a zesty and gallant zing. Visually, even the beaming amber color seems to shout out great taste. As always, I steeped this tea for a full five minutes. This is perfect for my tastebuds but it may be a little strong for some.

Twinings English Breakfast, superb BUT! here in australia there is a 100 t bag pack that is entirely different in it’s ‘Unique’ english breakfast flavour. Only the 10 pack individually sealed t bags have the ‘original’ great flavour. So… capitalism wins again folks farm it out to anywhere that can put it over the user. as a jew once said " Tea! what is it good for?"

It’s quite a nice tea to drink. With the box I bought, each tea bag was individually wrapped.

Definitely a good black bag tea

Not as full-bodied as my preferred Irish Breakfast, the English Breakfast from Twinings provides a nice pick me up when you just roll out of bed. It really isn’t the most flavoursome tea in the world, but its good for just a plain black tea. If brewed for long enough, you can get a bitter taste which is good or bad depending on your preferences.

Best served with milk and sugar. Boiling is also key to drinking this black tea.

Tried loose variety today. Steeped side-by-side with Community black tea bags. Should try a few more cups, but the Twinings English Breakfast is brighter, yet slightly more bitter than the Community black tea bags.

Surprisingly, I don’t like this with creamer in it. Maybe it’s because my creamer is a milk derivative, but it covers up the flavor a little too much. It’s nice and rich on its own. =)

This was one of my first teas, and I love it. It may not be the cleanest or smoothest taste (not to say it isn’t delicious), but it is convenient and it reminds me of home.

I like this tea a lot. It’s really hard to describe it as anything other than “good tea”. Rich taste, pleasant smell, the whole deal. It’s a simple blend, so you don’t need to be a tea snob to enjoy it.

I also have this in the decaf version and it tastes almost as good.

Picked this up at a supermarket and though I would give it a try. (It helps to mention that I just recently delved into the world of teas) I picked up the loose leaf tin an was impressed with the packaging and the presentation. Opened up the tin and It was packed to the brim and not half way down the package like most things are. I boiled two cups of water and put two big teaspoons of the tea in my teapot. Let it steep for two minutes. I was impressed with the dark-amber color much unlike the near black I would get from the teabags I have been using in the past. I added a splash of milk to the cup, sat down and drank my tea. The flavor was good, Much better than anything I have produced from a teabag. NIce and deep with some “smokey” undertones, Brisk and sharp with a light “bite” to it.

I am pleased with this tea and think it was a great was to transition from teabags to loose leaf. I would recommend it to any beginner to loose leaf tea or even tea in general.