English Breakfast

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1160 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what's outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly....as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I had a cup of this before we went to New York on friday morning. It was so much fun! We went to the big Old Navy Store and the big Macy's. Then we went around Times Square and I took...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 517 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

A good ‘wake up’ tea, a lighter tea than I normally drink but its perfect to clear away the cobwebs. I don’t think I have tasted the maltyness mentioned but then I have never really looked for it.

Quite a, and I hate to use this term, meaty tea, it’s a substantial tea that won’t disappoint and its often one of few English teas readily supplied when you go abroad. Not that I’m saying I won’t sample the local teas as well its just that most hotel through it in for free, and I’m not one to turn down free tea.

Thought I’d try this English Breakfast tea by Twinings this morning. Personally I wasn’t impressed.

The tea is dark and has a very strong wooden aroma, which carries over into the flavor. As others who have reviewed the tea have stated: a long steep time and a bit of milk can take this tea to the next level.

Good tea, just not great.

The king of western tea culture. Untouchable…
Just careful with the type of milk you are using. Some types leave a unpleasant aftertaste on one’s tongue.

Compared to other English Breakfast blends, I find this Twinings’ version rather underwhelming and bland, and find little character coming through. A disappointment after Twinings’ other black teas.

My alltime standard tea. Any time of the day with milk.

This blows Bigelow’s English Breakfast out of the water! Enjoyed my first cup of this in the afternoon after sitting outside waiting for Santa with the kids (cold!). I can taste such a distinct difference between this and Bigelow, my usual English Breakfast brand. I want to say it’s more complex? The quality is obvious here in Twinings.

I don’t know if it’s my tastebuds or something else, but this is rather too light for me. Not bland, per se, but really faint. I’ve added near boiling hot water, or just hot water one would normally get from a coffee machine, but it’s sort of weak. Perhaps I’m not preparing it right.

It’s Twinings, you can buy it everywhere and it doesn’t taste bad at all, but isn’t going to set the world on fire.

Twinings manages to blend quality teas for the huddlin’ masses. For this I tip my hat. English Breakfast is my go to for a very wakeful day.

Wonderful at night before bed too!