English Breakfast

Caramel, Malt, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1691 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7820 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1933 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

This was one of my first teas, and I love it. It may not be the cleanest or smoothest taste (not to say it isn’t delicious), but it is convenient and it reminds me of home.

I like this tea a lot. It’s really hard to describe it as anything other than “good tea”. Rich taste, pleasant smell, the whole deal. It’s a simple blend, so you don’t need to be a tea snob to enjoy it.

I also have this in the decaf version and it tastes almost as good.

Picked this up at a supermarket and though I would give it a try. (It helps to mention that I just recently delved into the world of teas) I picked up the loose leaf tin an was impressed with the packaging and the presentation. Opened up the tin and It was packed to the brim and not half way down the package like most things are. I boiled two cups of water and put two big teaspoons of the tea in my teapot. Let it steep for two minutes. I was impressed with the dark-amber color much unlike the near black I would get from the teabags I have been using in the past. I added a splash of milk to the cup, sat down and drank my tea. The flavor was good, Much better than anything I have produced from a teabag. NIce and deep with some “smokey” undertones, Brisk and sharp with a light “bite” to it.

I am pleased with this tea and think it was a great was to transition from teabags to loose leaf. I would recommend it to any beginner to loose leaf tea or even tea in general.

This was part of a variety of samples sent to me by a friend, who does happen to be here. Thank you again!

I wasn’t sure how strong it was going to be, so I tried it with food – something I don’t normally do. Since it affected how I tasted the tea, here’s what I had with it: a little dish of Boston cream pie-flavored yogurt (basically like vanilla) with a bunch of David Rio instant chai mixed in and a bowl of those Tasty Bite Madras Lentils (if you haven’t had them, they’re savory and spicy, but not hot-spicy) with a whole wheat hot dog bun (sweet) underneath and pepper jack on top. On its own, the tea tasted…well…basically like black tea (I’m not the one to ask about plain black teas). After the sweet yogurt, the EB tasted a tad towards the green side, which was very nice; however, it tasted more towards the other (fermented?) end after the lentils, which I was surprised by and still liked. After it got cold, it was still the same to me, except it was cold. This would be worth trying to drink with meals or snacks just to see how different foods affect the taste. That was interesting.

This is a wonderful tea to start the day with. A robust flavor made better with a splash of milk and sugar.

I seldom drink black tea, but husband was having English Breakfast this morning so I did, too. It was steeped a liiittle too long, so was bitter. But at the top of the cup it was decent. I will give black tea another try.

Tea bag. Drank black. My low rating is mostly due to my tastes (not liking black) and the bitterness.

Good plain black tea. Nothing special, but still good.

No frills, no tricks, nothing hidden up its sleeve. A solid tea that’s a basic staple in my tea box.

Wonderful, full malt flavor with rich body. I take this cuppa without additives. In a teabag style I give it a 74. Yes loose leaf makes a difference.

very good, though not as good as Twinings Ceylon Breakfast, but it seems they dared to discontinue Ceylon Breakfast, so I’m left with English Breakfast