English Breakfast

Caramel, Grain, Malt, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1610 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6785 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1872 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

This was part of a variety of samples sent to me by a friend, who does happen to be here. Thank you again!

I wasn’t sure how strong it was going to be, so I tried it with food – something I don’t normally do. Since it affected how I tasted the tea, here’s what I had with it: a little dish of Boston cream pie-flavored yogurt (basically like vanilla) with a bunch of David Rio instant chai mixed in and a bowl of those Tasty Bite Madras Lentils (if you haven’t had them, they’re savory and spicy, but not hot-spicy) with a whole wheat hot dog bun (sweet) underneath and pepper jack on top. On its own, the tea tasted…well…basically like black tea (I’m not the one to ask about plain black teas). After the sweet yogurt, the EB tasted a tad towards the green side, which was very nice; however, it tasted more towards the other (fermented?) end after the lentils, which I was surprised by and still liked. After it got cold, it was still the same to me, except it was cold. This would be worth trying to drink with meals or snacks just to see how different foods affect the taste. That was interesting.

This is a wonderful tea to start the day with. A robust flavor made better with a splash of milk and sugar.

I seldom drink black tea, but husband was having English Breakfast this morning so I did, too. It was steeped a liiittle too long, so was bitter. But at the top of the cup it was decent. I will give black tea another try.

Tea bag. Drank black. My low rating is mostly due to my tastes (not liking black) and the bitterness.

Good plain black tea. Nothing special, but still good.

No frills, no tricks, nothing hidden up its sleeve. A solid tea that’s a basic staple in my tea box.

Wonderful, full malt flavor with rich body. I take this cuppa without additives. In a teabag style I give it a 74. Yes loose leaf makes a difference.

very good, though not as good as Twinings Ceylon Breakfast, but it seems they dared to discontinue Ceylon Breakfast, so I’m left with English Breakfast

Ok this is the bagged version.

For me, this tea is nothing special. It works to satisfy my tea craving but other then that, I find I can just as easily drink something else. I ended up with a huge box of it and I will finish it but I’m not sure I’ll buy again. Though if the leaf is better perhaps I’ll give it a shot.
The other thing about this, when I tried to use the bag a second time, that very much did not work. Again, I’m not sure if it’s just the bagged but it tasted so dirty that after one sip, I dumped the cup (which I rarely do).
So, this is a tea I’ll have if offered, I’ll finish my remaining tea bags, but it will be a one cup per back deal.

In my view the best everyday black tea there is. Best brewed as a strong loose leaf for about 3 minutes with a healthy dash of milk.

A good ‘wake up’ tea, a lighter tea than I normally drink but its perfect to clear away the cobwebs. I don’t think I have tasted the maltyness mentioned but then I have never really looked for it.

Quite a, and I hate to use this term, meaty tea, it’s a substantial tea that won’t disappoint and its often one of few English teas readily supplied when you go abroad. Not that I’m saying I won’t sample the local teas as well its just that most hotel through it in for free, and I’m not one to turn down free tea.