English Breakfast

Malt, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Caramel, Creamy
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Bucky

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1610 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6785 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1872 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

The king of western tea culture. Untouchable…
Just careful with the type of milk you are using. Some types leave a unpleasant aftertaste on one’s tongue.

Compared to other English Breakfast blends, I find this Twinings’ version rather underwhelming and bland, and find little character coming through. A disappointment after Twinings’ other black teas.

My alltime standard tea. Any time of the day with milk.

This blows Bigelow’s English Breakfast out of the water! Enjoyed my first cup of this in the afternoon after sitting outside waiting for Santa with the kids (cold!). I can taste such a distinct difference between this and Bigelow, my usual English Breakfast brand. I want to say it’s more complex? The quality is obvious here in Twinings.

I don’t know if it’s my tastebuds or something else, but this is rather too light for me. Not bland, per se, but really faint. I’ve added near boiling hot water, or just hot water one would normally get from a coffee machine, but it’s sort of weak. Perhaps I’m not preparing it right.

It’s Twinings, you can buy it everywhere and it doesn’t taste bad at all, but isn’t going to set the world on fire.

Twinings manages to blend quality teas for the huddlin’ masses. For this I tip my hat. English Breakfast is my go to for a very wakeful day.

Wonderful at night before bed too!

This is a good breakfast tea. I do believe that there are better quality teas, but in a pinch, this will do. It is better with a little bit of black chai mixed in.

English Breakfast with an English breakfast with American friends. This must be loaded with Keemun. I could taste the tell-tale smoke and spice. Not bad for a bag.