English Breakfast

Caramel, Malt, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1691 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7918 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1942 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

Ok this is the bagged version.

For me, this tea is nothing special. It works to satisfy my tea craving but other then that, I find I can just as easily drink something else. I ended up with a huge box of it and I will finish it but I’m not sure I’ll buy again. Though if the leaf is better perhaps I’ll give it a shot.
The other thing about this, when I tried to use the bag a second time, that very much did not work. Again, I’m not sure if it’s just the bagged but it tasted so dirty that after one sip, I dumped the cup (which I rarely do).
So, this is a tea I’ll have if offered, I’ll finish my remaining tea bags, but it will be a one cup per back deal.

In my view the best everyday black tea there is. Best brewed as a strong loose leaf for about 3 minutes with a healthy dash of milk.

A good ‘wake up’ tea, a lighter tea than I normally drink but its perfect to clear away the cobwebs. I don’t think I have tasted the maltyness mentioned but then I have never really looked for it.

Quite a, and I hate to use this term, meaty tea, it’s a substantial tea that won’t disappoint and its often one of few English teas readily supplied when you go abroad. Not that I’m saying I won’t sample the local teas as well its just that most hotel through it in for free, and I’m not one to turn down free tea.

Thought I’d try this English Breakfast tea by Twinings this morning. Personally I wasn’t impressed.

The tea is dark and has a very strong wooden aroma, which carries over into the flavor. As others who have reviewed the tea have stated: a long steep time and a bit of milk can take this tea to the next level.

Good tea, just not great.

The king of western tea culture. Untouchable…
Just careful with the type of milk you are using. Some types leave a unpleasant aftertaste on one’s tongue.

Compared to other English Breakfast blends, I find this Twinings’ version rather underwhelming and bland, and find little character coming through. A disappointment after Twinings’ other black teas.

My alltime standard tea. Any time of the day with milk.

This blows Bigelow’s English Breakfast out of the water! Enjoyed my first cup of this in the afternoon after sitting outside waiting for Santa with the kids (cold!). I can taste such a distinct difference between this and Bigelow, my usual English Breakfast brand. I want to say it’s more complex? The quality is obvious here in Twinings.

I don’t know if it’s my tastebuds or something else, but this is rather too light for me. Not bland, per se, but really faint. I’ve added near boiling hot water, or just hot water one would normally get from a coffee machine, but it’s sort of weak. Perhaps I’m not preparing it right.

It’s Twinings, you can buy it everywhere and it doesn’t taste bad at all, but isn’t going to set the world on fire.