English Breakfast

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1158 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what's outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly....as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I had a cup of this before we went to New York on friday morning. It was so much fun! We went to the big Old Navy Store and the big Macy's. Then we went around Times Square and I took...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 517 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

This review is about the bagged form of this tea. I really don’t have a lot to say about it. I like it but it’s kind of flat tasting.

To me this is the standard English Breakfast, an easy tea that is hard to mess up and that I can enjoy whenever. I like it with milk, sugar, both, or straight up (which is how I had it today). English Breakfast tea will always make me think of backpacking across England (the Cotswold Way) when I was 14 or 15. That was way before I got into tea, but I drank this every day and loved how British people would always drink it with tons of milk and sugar!

I keep this around for when my mother visits because she doesn’t really understand my tea setup and prefers to make her own (she usually gets up before me since I’m on the west coast and she’s coming from the east coast (of the USA)). Bagged is what she usually gets, although I spent a couple of hundred dollars of plain black teas from a variety of sources for her to try during her iced tea experiments earlier this year.

Anyway, I like this tea slightly better than the Teavana English Breakfast that I was drinking earlier today. The brew is less astringent and only a tiny bit bitter (I think I steeped it for slightly too long, lost track of time). This is the bagged variety. This tastes like a nice simple tea with not much coming out on a flavour profile except a slight mineral note, mostly just tastes “tea”-like to me.

I enjoy a simple cup of tea now and again, but I think I’ll mostly just be saving this for when my mother visits.

Left this in for 4 minutes and it was already getting bitter. I know some people like their teas a bit bitter, but I really can’t stand it at all. I added some milk to help. It became drinkable with the addition of milk. But the taste was nothing to go “WOW!” over. It’s just kinda so-so. It’s definitely drinkable, but I’m not going to be desperately trying to buy this again. I think it’ll be good for me in the mornings when I’m still half-asleep and just need something to wake me up. Twinings’ Lady Grey and Earl Grey are my favorites so far, now I just need to try out that Irish Breakfast.

Bonnie

Ohn well…you’ll have more new ones to try soon! ;)

Emilie

Definitely! I can’t wait :)

From all my collection of english breakfast tea, this is one of the best ones. Its easy to find in stores, not expensive to be a quality tea and the flavor makes harmony between the strong taste of black tea and a lovevly refreshing touch. Personally i truly recommend this kind of tea to be consumed while a tender little sweet snack perhaps, not so sweet cause it will ruin the classic flavor of the traditional english black tea.

175 °F / 79 °C

Must get some fresh bagged black teas! I’ve been super busy and low energy lately, so it’s easier to use tea bags in the morning. All I could find was this old, crumpled packet! It’s still good though. :)

I really like this tea because it is a very smooth plain black tea. I had it with my pancakes this morning and it complimented it very well. :D

Morning cup of tea, inadequately steeped due to impatience. Drunk with milk.

The funny thing about English Breakfast is that there’s a taste in it (woody? maybe it’s just tannins) that I don’t remember from drinking tea for breakfast in England. I’d prefer that it wasn’t there, but nevertheless, a decently strong, milky tea is required as the first tea of the day, and this does the job.

This was one of my first intro’s to tea….its sorta like a gateway tea..hehe. Once you try a breakfast tea you almost always have to see what else is out there!

My husband making cups of this (decaf) with milk and honey is all that’s gotten me through our rough newborn days of our first child. ;-] When I’m stressed and exhausted, this one’s a quick and easy pick me up. Solid black tea to drink sweet with milk.