English Breakfast

Malt, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1289 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what's outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly....as a white foreigner in said hotel, when you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4770 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week...but there's a Keurig in it. The problem is ... I don't think I'm very impressed with it. Have had two cups of Twinings EB and I'm not getting...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1702 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I had a cup of this before we went to New York on friday morning. It was so much fun! We went to the big Old Navy Store and the big Macy's. Then we went around Times Square and I took...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

I often drink this at work because I don’t want to transport my loose leaf utilities everyday. This is one of the better bagged teas though. If you’re in a pinch, go for this or Stash’s black teas.

Cofftea

Have you tried fillable paper filters? Just put a bunch in a bag or empty tea tin/box to make them easy to carry with you. That way you can have any kind of loose leaf tea you want at work. I love them:)

caustiq

Indeed. Though my main issue is with the water temperature. I use the utilitea which has a nice guage for proper black/green temps. At work we just have a hot water spout that spits out near boiling temperature. Not really ideal for green teas.

I really, really, like a full-bodied tea. Sometimes, I’ll admit, I oversteep this on purpose. With milk and sugar, strong, not too-sweet, it’s an excellent wake-up tea, great throughout the day as well, but rather too strong for an evening cup.

Fred

I don’t know if you are aware of this and what your reasons for drinking tea are, but if you are drinking it for antioxidant purposes I heard of a study done that states that milk destroys all of the antioxidants in a tea.

K.A.

I’m afraid antioxidants aren’t at the top of my list of reasons for drinking tea.

Yesterday was a 3 cup day. This tea was a great lunch tea, despite the name. Fine on it’s own, without sweetener.

Great all day tea, in a pinch. Bag version good for travel.
Milk a must.

A great English Breakfast. I somewhat prefer the Irish Breakfast because it’s stronger.

As is my wont for the first time trying any tea currently, I am having this tea plain. (More often than not, I make my straight black teas with milk and honey.)

This is very malty. Slightly astringent, but in a way that is almost sweet rather than off-putting. I think that having this normally, I would prefer it with milk, but it’s not bad this way either. That, however, may be exactly what helps make it a good breakfast tea. It’s robust and has a firm flavour that will stand up to the doctoring for a good morning cup.

Another morning, I’ll have to do it up that way and see….

i suspect i’ll really love Assam tea on its own (last time i had it is too far from memory to recall), since i really loved this (and this isn’t the first English Breakfast i’ve had btw). i bought a nice big box of this (around 50 bags?) discounted since i like to have a nice standard black tea on hand to double up any flavored blacks or tisanes without running out of them too quickly.

then i decided to have a cup of this on its own (2 bags) with a spot of coconut milk & brown sugar. how yummy! i truly appreciated it… i get that it’s bagged fannings, a bit tannic probably without additives, but i was quite pleased. can only imagine how the loose leaf will taste! that said, i look forward to trying more versions/variations of English Breakfast & straight Assam!

highly recommend this with coconut Silk & brown sugar.

My grocery store is no longer going to carry loose leaf tea, so I picked this up because it was $1 for 100 grams. I used 2 teaspoons in 16 ounces sweetened with Splenda and a little bit of milk. I really enjoyed this tea. Medium-strong malty flavor without any bite. I think this will become one of my go to teas for everyday.

Good black tea, great for (obviously) breakfast, but also for a mid-afternoon caffeine fix. It has a really nice, smooth flavor.

My go to everyday anytime tea! Love leaving it to steep for quite a while. Always milk and sugar.