China Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Twinings

Oolong teas are principally sourced from China and mainly from the Fujian Province. It is said that Oolong tea first began to be produced at Mount Wu Yi Shan in Fujian Province at the end of the Ming Dynasty about 400 years ago. Oolong teas are partially oxidised or semi-fermented which occurs when the leaves are gently shaken. It is this process which gives Oolong teas their reddish appearance and slightly sweet flavour. Great to drink with lunch or in the afternoon, this tea is best served with milk and sweetened to taste.

About Twinings View company

A lovely cup of tea that hits the spot on a cold day like today. A slightly sweet taste, very subtle. A bare smokey aroma that delights the nose. I think that next time I will added a little honey.

I must say that this one is a lot better than I expected it to be. Overall I consider Twining China Oolong to be a passable oolong tea just like the oolong at Chinese buffets is passable enough to be performed to ordering a soda instead. This is a light oolong which is good and perfectly fine in my opinion although I’d recommend it as a travel or work tea when one does not have the access to or the time brew a better quality oolong in a gaiwan.

Two teabags for 2 minutes, that’s what this tea needs. A shame that so many people have overbrewed this! Sadly lacking the lovely floral notes accompanied by many oolong teas, but still a pleasant cup.

I expected different flavors when I tried this tea, but I enjoyed it anyway. Probably not my favorite and I doubt I will get it again just because I never really like Oolong when I drink it. I am glad I tried it, though!

This is a great tea to serve chilled.

Erk blergh! Uh, I did not like this tea! It tasted like cardboard.

A bagged oolong that attempts to pick up the light smokey notes common to its looseleaf cousins, but only succeeds in producing a tea that smells and tastes faintly of an emptied ashtray. Difficult to tell whether extended steeping time would improve it; not recommended for drinking without food.

I used to live in China and am addicted to oolong teas. I was concerned that the pack didn’t say what type of oolong it was – tieguanyin, jade, oriental beauty etc, but I thought I’d try it any way as it was cheap. Unfortunately to me, it tasted like it had been stored badly – it had a slightly dusty, damp flavour. It became bitter after 3minutes of infusion. I wouldn’t recommend this tea if you like oolongs, there are better options out there, even if you have to pay a little more.

I love oolong tea, but this one is pretty weak. I need at least two teabags and even then it’s weakish. I like subtle, but this falls a little flat for me; disappointing, given that Twinings has a pretty good reputation.

Pretty nice. Twinnings is usually a good go-to brand of teas for me, and I did enjoy it enough to finish the box off in relatively short order. A little on the light side, with not as much ‘oolong’ flavor as I’m used to, although the flavor is there. But I think I’ll stick to the cheap Golden Sail brand Oolong tea I get at the Eastern Arts store in the mall when it comes to this particular variety of tea.