China Oolong

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Twinings

Oolong teas are principally sourced from China and mainly from the Fujian Province. It is said that Oolong tea first began to be produced at Mount Wu Yi Shan in Fujian Province at the end of the Ming Dynasty about 400 years ago. Oolong teas are partially oxidised or semi-fermented which occurs when the leaves are gently shaken. It is this process which gives Oolong teas their reddish appearance and slightly sweet flavour. Great to drink with lunch or in the afternoon, this tea is best served with milk and sweetened to taste.

About Twinings View company

This reminds me more of a low-grade unspecified black tea than an actual oolong. Tolerable with enough honey, but otherwise unremarkable.

Nice and sweet. Bitter a bit but that’s what makes it taste so good ;)

It’s a good tea, and i usually like it, but for some reason, i didn’t really care for the aftertaste.

Pleasantly light oolong flavor. Nicely bitter aftertaste.

I bought this along with the Twinnings Darjeeling. I actually can’t tell the difference between the two, except that the Oolong degrades faster after infusions.
To echo others: it doesn’t have much of a punch. The aroma is weak.
This is a so-so tea; I wouldn’t buy it again.

Decent cuppa, reminds me of a smoky green without the vegetal notes.

Five minutes of steepage isn’t doing justice for this tea, right off the bat. It doesn’t have a strong aroma… I need to put my nose quite close to my cup to catch its scent at all, really. The smell is subtle, roasty, and earthy… I wish it was stronger. I am reminded of brown rice cooking… that sort of nutty warmth.
Tastes much the way it smells. Seven minutes is what I would estimate the optimum steeping time. At five minutes it still tastes kind of watery.
I feel as if I should be eating steamed veggies to accompany this mug of tea.

This tea was smooth and not bitter, but on the weak side. We left this one brewing longer than most teas in the hopes it would toughen up. Over 5 minutes in one case. Two tea bags in a mug helped but it was still a little light.

A big leaf oolong is going to give more flavor since this is really only tea dust, but it works in a pinch but only if you like your teas on the light side. Strong tea fans not recommended. Herbal tea drinkers might like this one.

I’m a big fan of oolongs. Nice from a bag, easy to prepare in the morning before heading out the door.

pretty decent if you are looking for a quick cup of tea.