China Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SCLisi

From Twinings

Twinings Oolong tea is a delicate tea with a distinctive aroma and exquisite flavor. This tea makes a wonderful accompaniment to Oriental cuisine.

About Twinings View company

Nice and sweet. Bitter a bit but that’s what makes it taste so good ;)

It’s a good tea, and i usually like it, but for some reason, i didn’t really care for the aftertaste.

Pleasantly light oolong flavor. Nicely bitter aftertaste.

I bought this along with the Twinnings Darjeeling. I actually can’t tell the difference between the two, except that the Oolong degrades faster after infusions.
To echo others: it doesn’t have much of a punch. The aroma is weak.
This is a so-so tea; I wouldn’t buy it again.

Decent cuppa, reminds me of a smoky green without the vegetal notes.

Five minutes of steepage isn’t doing justice for this tea, right off the bat. It doesn’t have a strong aroma… I need to put my nose quite close to my cup to catch its scent at all, really. The smell is subtle, roasty, and earthy… I wish it was stronger. I am reminded of brown rice cooking… that sort of nutty warmth.
Tastes much the way it smells. Seven minutes is what I would estimate the optimum steeping time. At five minutes it still tastes kind of watery.
I feel as if I should be eating steamed veggies to accompany this mug of tea.

This tea was smooth and not bitter, but on the weak side. We left this one brewing longer than most teas in the hopes it would toughen up. Over 5 minutes in one case. Two tea bags in a mug helped but it was still a little light.

A big leaf oolong is going to give more flavor since this is really only tea dust, but it works in a pinch but only if you like your teas on the light side. Strong tea fans not recommended. Herbal tea drinkers might like this one.

I’m a big fan of oolongs. Nice from a bag, easy to prepare in the morning before heading out the door.

pretty decent if you are looking for a quick cup of tea.

Decent oolong. I enjoyed it, though it wasn’t my favorite.