Lady Grey

Citrus, Butter, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Cookie, Creamy, Malt, Bergamot, Astringent, Lemon, Earl Grey, Grapefruit, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

My absolute favourite spin on Earl Grey tea. This tea smells so good, and the taste is even better! I love the citrusy hit this tea gives, and the flavour profile is so bold and satisfying to drink. I am always always excited to have this tea!

The flavour is pleasant, black tea and citrus, but it is too mild for my taste. I prefer Earl Grey

Flavors: Citrus

tea bags from MissB while this was a muted blergamot tea…it just wasn’t dgoing it for me. that being said, always willing to try new things, though in this case, i was right about how much i would like it. too much berlg and not enough OOMPH! :) thanks missb!

I’m in a horrible cycle with this tea. I drink it, I love it, and then as a few days pass I start to think I don’t like it and I avoid it until the mood strikes me. I blame my avoidance of Earl Grey—though the two are far from similar.

Impossible to ignore the similarity to Froot Loops, in a nice, not overpowering way. A buttery, lemony tea with maybe a hint of orange. Though I’ve yet to try it iced I feel it would really shine. Remarkably refreshing, this may be a summer favourite once the weather takes a turn.

Flavors: Butter, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

How i got it: Bought it (Twinings’ Classics Collection Pack)

Experience: LG is the last tea left to try in the Twinings’ pack. Its smell is very unusual, like orange pancakes, or orange jam, with some hints of ginger and cinnamon. On the flavor side, it follows the line of the aroma: i can taste mainly orange with some cinnamon in the background. Not a bit acidic, this blend results in a enjoyable mix, though the base tea is almost imperceptible and the orange scent lacks some naturality. Aside from that, I’m surprised… this tea turned out better than I thought.

Would i buy it again?: Has some possibilities.

I just brewed another pot with a tad less water and a little longer steep time. This resulted in a darker colour, but there was no significant change in aromas or strength of flavour. No sign of the tea getting bitter, either, which is a good thing.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

Had this a couple of days ago- once again I didn’t bring enough tea to work and grabbed whatever waws available.

Not a bad tea. I only steeped this as long as it took me to get from the back room to my desk which was MAYBE 30 sec and it was well steeped.

The tea has a strong black base with citrus and bergamot. Overall, pretty nice. Nothing I would go out and buy, but not bad.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML
Lisa Elizabeth

I just picked up a box of this!

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Tried this one at work today and was surprised by how much I liked it! I do enjoy Earl Grey, but I typically prefer it with milk. This one was quite tasty without any additives! The extra burst of citrus (I think it’s lemon?) makes it quite refreshing. I didn’t notice any bitterness, but there was a bit of astringency to the aftertaste that I didn’t care for. Still, I would definitely drink this again!

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Lemon

Can’t remember where I grabbed this solo teabag from. It’s a decent earl grey with more of a light feel to it (grapefruit, maybe?) although it’s definitely a black. Zero floral notes, thankfully. A tiny bit malty and creamy.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Grapefruit, Malt

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Maddy Barone

I still have a few bags of that in the cupboard. My brother brought a box with him at Christmas. He likes Earl Grey and I like citrusy teas, so he thought it would be a good compromise for us each to enjoy. I agree with you, though. It’s not terrible. I don’t mind drinking it. But it is nowhere near a favorite.