Lady Grey

Butter, Citrus, Cookie, Creamy, Malt, Orange Zest, Bergamot, Astringent, Lemon, Earl Grey, Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

How i got it: Bought it (Twinings’ Classics Collection Pack)

Experience: LG is the last tea left to try in the Twinings’ pack. Its smell is very unusual, like orange pancakes, or orange jam, with some hints of ginger and cinnamon. On the flavor side, it follows the line of the aroma: i can taste mainly orange with some cinnamon in the background. Not a bit acidic, this blend results in a enjoyable mix, though the base tea is almost imperceptible and the orange scent lacks some naturality. Aside from that, I’m surprised… this tea turned out better than I thought.

Would i buy it again?: Has some possibilities.

I just brewed another pot with a tad less water and a little longer steep time. This resulted in a darker colour, but there was no significant change in aromas or strength of flavour. No sign of the tea getting bitter, either, which is a good thing.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

Had this a couple of days ago- once again I didn’t bring enough tea to work and grabbed whatever waws available.

Not a bad tea. I only steeped this as long as it took me to get from the back room to my desk which was MAYBE 30 sec and it was well steeped.

The tea has a strong black base with citrus and bergamot. Overall, pretty nice. Nothing I would go out and buy, but not bad.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML
Lisa Elizabeth

I just picked up a box of this!

Kristal

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Tried this one at work today and was surprised by how much I liked it! I do enjoy Earl Grey, but I typically prefer it with milk. This one was quite tasty without any additives! The extra burst of citrus (I think it’s lemon?) makes it quite refreshing. I didn’t notice any bitterness, but there was a bit of astringency to the aftertaste that I didn’t care for. Still, I would definitely drink this again!

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Citrus, Lemon

Can’t remember where I grabbed this solo teabag from. It’s a decent earl grey with more of a light feel to it (grapefruit, maybe?) although it’s definitely a black. Zero floral notes, thankfully. A tiny bit malty and creamy.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Grapefruit, Malt

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Maddy Barone

I still have a few bags of that in the cupboard. My brother brought a box with him at Christmas. He likes Earl Grey and I like citrusy teas, so he thought it would be a good compromise for us each to enjoy. I agree with you, though. It’s not terrible. I don’t mind drinking it. But it is nowhere near a favorite.

I was feeling rather tired this afternoon, and none of the few caffeinated teas I had in my cupboard sounded appealing. I’ve been drinking them for the past month or so and I wanted something new. Unfortunately, my Herbal Infusions order from the beginning of January got lost in the mail, so they’re sending me another one, and my packages from Butiki and the Monthly TTB club just got mailed out, so I was anxiously awaiting them. I saw this on my Tea Wreath, and decided to try it, with a bit of sweetener. It was a reasonably pleasant cup of tea, but I think I’m coming to the conclusion that fruit-flavored blacks aren’t really my thing. But, when I was about halfway through the cup, the doorbell rang and BOTH my Butiki teas, and my Monthly TTB were delivered! So, I finally have new teas to review in the days to come.

A go-to tea when I’m rushing out the door. A favorite.

It really doesn’t make any sense that I like this tea.

For the most part, I don’t like Earl Grey and Bergamot oil flavorings. Or maybe I just don’t like Earl Grey, since Paris by Harney & Sons is enjoyed by me (although the bergamot part is my least liked part of it, hmm…..)

Either way, this is also a bagged tea. For some reason I really dig it though. I have drank almost two boxes in the past year or so, which is good for me. Despite being a bagged tea, Lady Grey, the Holiday Spice, and English Breakfast from Twinings always taste great to me.

Here’s a nod to Lady Grey, a bagged tea that, for whatever mysterious reason, accomplishes something with me. It’s a happy cup that’s cheerful, smooth, easy, bright with citrus but not tang or astringency.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon

A nice tea, but not one I’ll re-stock. I don’t care for Bergamot, but the lemon and orange help balance that out for me. My brother gave me a box of this, and I’ve been trying to drink it down. There are so many other teas I enjoy more though, that this is not one I reach for.