Lady Grey

Astringent, Bergamot, Drying, Lemon Zest, Orange, Citrus, Lemon, Orange Zest, Honey, Cookie, Grapefruit, Tea, Butter, Creamy, Malt, Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

I came here to kick butt and review tea, and I AM ALL OUT OF BUTT TO KICK.
After a spectacularly productive morning of cat-sitting, dog-walking, and plant-watering, I was ready for a little bit of time with tea and a book.
Am I stereotypical and pretentious? Yes. Yes, I am.
This tea, Lady Grey, is the tea that first made me think “hey, this could be a thing I do. I could become a tea person.
Now that I’ve become a “tea person,” I return to the original.
I find this to be a bit astringent (bitter, mouth-drying) and over-flavored with bergamot and orange. I’ve discovered other things that I like more.
However, this is still a solid basic choice. I’d never turn it down. A part of me will always love it.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Drying, Lemon Zest, Orange

mtchyg

Since I’m currently stalking your reviews, please tell me that was a Dazed and Confused reference to open up a tea review…

Super Starling!

@mtchyg: You bet I did. I just ran a Google of the phrase, and the origin of it was apparently They Live. It’s been used in a variety of contexts, including the Duke Nukem movie. OH YES. THAT EXISTS. There’s also a beautiful scene in the IT Crowd where Moss (the geekiest character) is drinking milk at a bar and says it:

mtchyg

Awesome.

I really like this tea overall. It’s a bit different from Earl Grey in that there is less bergamot flavour and more of a citrous-lemon flavour. This is for me a good thing as I find bergamot flavour in most Earl Grey teas a bit strong

Simply delicious! A great citrusy alternative to my usual morning Earl Grey.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Twinings’ Lady Grey is light, lemony, and very delicate. I’m feeling really under the weather today, so I reached for this simple blend for a bit of comfort. It reminds me of when I first started discovering tea when I was younger. For me, it’s a classic comforting cup.

I guess Twinings created it in the 90’s for Scandinavian nations that felt Earl Grey was far too pungent. It was a hit then, and for me it remains a faithful friend.

Did I mention that it is light..? XD

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

I have to admit this first time that I tried this… I was not a fan. I love Earl Grey and my cousin was convinced that I would love this one too. After awhile and alot of different steep times, I found a good happy cup of tea for myself. I like how this tea has alot more fruity flavors such as : Lemon, Orange, and Bergamont. I live the convenience of tea bags in the morning. Overall while not my first choice it is up there and I would recommend this tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

I’m not a big fan of Earl Gray teas. The bergamont is usually way to strong and its not a flavor I particularly like (which is surprising since I adore citrus).

However, in Lady Gray this flavor is very slight and the lemon and orange stand out much more. Light, pleasant, and a bit up beat. Nice for a morning when you have not had enough sleep.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Really good if you don’t have time to steep a proper pot of tea or if you want an afternoon pick-me-up that won’t shoot caffeine through your veins like a hardy English Breakfast. It’s especially good with a splash of milk.

Flavors: Citrus, Honey

Post breakfast while watching The Paradise. There is a nice scent of bergamot and other fruit. Perhaps grapefruit. The flavour is a bright citrus.

It would be good with cookies.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cookie, Lemon, Orange

KiwiDelight

I like eating shortbread cookies with Lady Grey.

Lynxiebrat

Shortbread cookies are great with nearly any tea.

Lariel of Lórien

I like shortbread with Scottish Breakfast, and I guess Grey blends too.

Drank this tea this morning with a splash of grapefruit juice! I very much enjoy this tea. It’s such an easy cup to sip in the morning. Something comfortable and familiar about the tea base. It doesn’t make a bold cup but somehow that works with the lemon overtone. This tea will always be an easy choice for me.

Preparation: Bagged tea. Honey to sweeten. Splash of grapefruit juice. (confession: I left the bag in the cup and drank around it)

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Lemon, Tea