Lady Grey

Bergamot, Citrus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Honey, Cookie, Orange, Grapefruit, Tea, Butter, Creamy, Malt, Astringent, Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

I really like this tea overall. It’s a bit different from Earl Grey in that there is less bergamot flavour and more of a citrous-lemon flavour. This is for me a good thing as I find bergamot flavour in most Earl Grey teas a bit strong

Simply delicious! A great citrusy alternative to my usual morning Earl Grey.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Twinings’ Lady Grey is light, lemony, and very delicate. I’m feeling really under the weather today, so I reached for this simple blend for a bit of comfort. It reminds me of when I first started discovering tea when I was younger. For me, it’s a classic comforting cup.

I guess Twinings created it in the 90’s for Scandinavian nations that felt Earl Grey was far too pungent. It was a hit then, and for me it remains a faithful friend.

Did I mention that it is light..? XD

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

I have to admit this first time that I tried this… I was not a fan. I love Earl Grey and my cousin was convinced that I would love this one too. After awhile and alot of different steep times, I found a good happy cup of tea for myself. I like how this tea has alot more fruity flavors such as : Lemon, Orange, and Bergamont. I live the convenience of tea bags in the morning. Overall while not my first choice it is up there and I would recommend this tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

I’m not a big fan of Earl Gray teas. The bergamont is usually way to strong and its not a flavor I particularly like (which is surprising since I adore citrus).

However, in Lady Gray this flavor is very slight and the lemon and orange stand out much more. Light, pleasant, and a bit up beat. Nice for a morning when you have not had enough sleep.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Really good if you don’t have time to steep a proper pot of tea or if you want an afternoon pick-me-up that won’t shoot caffeine through your veins like a hardy English Breakfast. It’s especially good with a splash of milk.

Flavors: Citrus, Honey

Post breakfast while watching The Paradise. There is a nice scent of bergamot and other fruit. Perhaps grapefruit. The flavour is a bright citrus.

It would be good with cookies.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Cookie, Lemon, Orange

KiwiDelight

I like eating shortbread cookies with Lady Grey.

Lynxiebrat

Shortbread cookies are great with nearly any tea.

Lariel of Lórien

I like shortbread with Scottish Breakfast, and I guess Grey blends too.

Drank this tea this morning with a splash of grapefruit juice! I very much enjoy this tea. It’s such an easy cup to sip in the morning. Something comfortable and familiar about the tea base. It doesn’t make a bold cup but somehow that works with the lemon overtone. This tea will always be an easy choice for me.

Preparation: Bagged tea. Honey to sweeten. Splash of grapefruit juice. (confession: I left the bag in the cup and drank around it)

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit, Lemon, Tea

Boiling 8 min or more 10 OZ / 295 ML

There are too many options for this tea on Steepster, so I picked this one to write a note under.

It’s an EG. It’s not the earliest greyiest of earl greys, but it is one. And I took a sip and made the “yuck” face. But now that I’ve adapted to the thought that I’m drinking an earl grey, it’s not bad. I mean, it’s caffeine. It’s warm. It’s citrusy. Yep, it’s tea.

Thanks to whomever sent this over. MissB? Sil? I am so confused about samples at this point…

OMGsrsly

Tea wasn’t doing it for me. Dumped half the cup and got coffee. Mmm, coffee. With chocolate in.

blech

OMGsrsly

:P Sometimes EG is nice. Just not this morning.

Equusfell

This is my preferred “can’t destroy this at a conference in a paper cup” teabag. It is just this side of generic, which is much more tolerable than whatever Tazo hibiscus crap or lipton they usually have at coffee hour.

OMGsrsly

Haha. True! But when I’m out and about, EG is my standard because I generally know I can expect floor polish and not just cardboard. When I’m at home, I’m super picky with my EGs. Paris by H&S, and the Grapefruit EG from Bayswater are my preferred home-teas. :)

gross

This just means I need to search out some more EG for you, Sil! :P

gross. i hate that you guys know i’ll try nearly anything lol

Hahaha. Sorry?

rosebudmelissa

I didn’t care for this one because I prefer more floral earl greys and am not a big fan of citrusy black teas. I much prefer Twining’s Earl Grey to their Lady Grey

OMGsrsly

Twinings EG = tea of my childhood. :) That and Red Rose and a plain peppermint, although I can’t do plain peppermint anymore.

rosebudmelissa

My mom usually kept peppermint tea and green tea around the house. I don’t think I’ve ever had a tea by Red Rose. I don’t think I’ve even heard of them before.

OMGsrsly

You’re, uhh, not missing much. :)

tigress_al

Haha when I was a kid, I thought Red Rose and peppermint was the only tea there was. They were the only tea that I had ever seen in our small town grocery store

Equusfell

Paris is good, never tried the grapefruit, but one of my favorite teabags was Twinnings Orange Blossom Earl Grey, so I feel like it would be compatible! I quite liked the Earl Grey Creme from Upton as well. I mean, I didn’t really love it, but found myself craving it, which is a weird relationship to have with a tea. I also found it was very popular with generally non-tea-drinking guests.

OMGsrsly

Yep. Sometimes only an EG will do. :)