Lady Grey

Earl Grey, Grapefruit, Malt, Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

Can’t remember where I grabbed this solo teabag from. It’s a decent earl grey with more of a light feel to it (grapefruit, maybe?) although it’s definitely a black. Zero floral notes, thankfully. A tiny bit malty and creamy.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Grapefruit, Malt

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Maddy Barone

I still have a few bags of that in the cupboard. My brother brought a box with him at Christmas. He likes Earl Grey and I like citrusy teas, so he thought it would be a good compromise for us each to enjoy. I agree with you, though. It’s not terrible. I don’t mind drinking it. But it is nowhere near a favorite.

I was feeling rather tired this afternoon, and none of the few caffeinated teas I had in my cupboard sounded appealing. I’ve been drinking them for the past month or so and I wanted something new. Unfortunately, my Herbal Infusions order from the beginning of January got lost in the mail, so they’re sending me another one, and my packages from Butiki and the Monthly TTB club just got mailed out, so I was anxiously awaiting them. I saw this on my Tea Wreath, and decided to try it, with a bit of sweetener. It was a reasonably pleasant cup of tea, but I think I’m coming to the conclusion that fruit-flavored blacks aren’t really my thing. But, when I was about halfway through the cup, the doorbell rang and BOTH my Butiki teas, and my Monthly TTB were delivered! So, I finally have new teas to review in the days to come.

A go-to tea when I’m rushing out the door. A favorite.

It really doesn’t make any sense that I like this tea.

For the most part, I don’t like Earl Grey and Bergamot oil flavorings. Or maybe I just don’t like Earl Grey, since Paris by Harney & Sons is enjoyed by me (although the bergamot part is my least liked part of it, hmm…..)

Either way, this is also a bagged tea. For some reason I really dig it though. I have drank almost two boxes in the past year or so, which is good for me. Despite being a bagged tea, Lady Grey, the Holiday Spice, and English Breakfast from Twinings always taste great to me.

Here’s a nod to Lady Grey, a bagged tea that, for whatever mysterious reason, accomplishes something with me. It’s a happy cup that’s cheerful, smooth, easy, bright with citrus but not tang or astringency.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon

A nice tea, but not one I’ll re-stock. I don’t care for Bergamot, but the lemon and orange help balance that out for me. My brother gave me a box of this, and I’ve been trying to drink it down. There are so many other teas I enjoy more though, that this is not one I reach for.

I cannot believe the last time I reviewed I hadn’t even had Lily yet! She is now 16 months old! Harder to find time to review but of course I’m still drinking tea. Appreciating it more now, I think. Not taking for granted those moments of stillness and calm that are a rarity as a mommy. It’s the best though, it really is. My girl is my world.
Alright now! Miss Lady Grey.. I think I’d had this before but I can’t remember what I thought of it. It was on sale so I picked it up while grocery shopping yesterday.
Pleasantly surprised at the strong flavor! I’ve had quite a few weak earl greys that especially don’t hold up well to milk and sugar. This one sure does! I think I was expecting Lady Grey to be lightly flavored with bergamot but rather the base isn’t as bold and heavy letting the citrus shine through beautifully! The fruity flavors take the front stage and that’s what I wanted! Yum! I had this last night as well as this morning it’s so enjoyable. I actually put a dash of vanilla extract in it last night and I loved the vanilla citrus combo. They should make a vanilla lady grey! One of my new favorites :)

Lady Grey is wonderful, it was my first Twinnings tea, and although my preference is loose leaf, this teabag packs quite a perfumed and subtle amount of bergamot and orange scents.

Flavors: Bergamot, Orange

Backlog. I think this cements my idea that I don’t like orange peel teas. This really isn’t bad, but it’s just too citrusy for me. In its defense, it is light, smooth, and would be great as an afternoon tea. I doubt I can finish the whole box, so maybe Mom will help me drink it up.

I can’t believe I’ve never had a Lady Grey before. I really enjoy Earl Greys but never really went beyond it much. Well. I am really enjoying it. I only steeped it for 2 min. as I have found I really don’t like oversteeped black tea. I put in a touch of vanilla stevia and swooned. I mean… lovely. The bergamot was a little be further back that in an EG which was OK. The other citrus flavors were well balanced. I always like the appearance of the cute little blue cornflowers whether I really taste them or not. I made this just before I was supposed to go walk with a friend. I really wanted to sit down and sip slowly but… exercise calls. I threw it in tumbler and enjoyed it while walking. (I’ve now lost 35 lbs.) :-D

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon, Orange

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheryl

Congrats!

Cheri

Yay! 35lbs is Awesome!!! Great job on your part!!!!