Lady Grey

Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

Just made this into the most wonderful glass of iced tea. I have never been a fan of earl grey tea, but I really enjoy the citrus undertone in lady grey. Even though I am not usually a huge fan of bagged tea, I would strongly recommend this tea to my friends.

This tea was delicious. Mixed with a little milk and sugar. Perfect for relaxing after a long day at work!

I started drinking Earl Grey because I wanted to be a badass like Jean Luc Picard. I didn’t know at the time that my favorite tea would actually become Lady Grey. Maybe I’m just not cut out for Starfleet.

Anyway, this is basically an Earl Grey with a little orange and lemon thrown in. You would expect it to have an overpowering citrus flavor, but it really doesn’t. It has a smooth black tea foretaste, and a refreshing citrus aftertaste. Neither part of this tea is particularly overpowering. It’s just a well-balanced, finely blended cup of comfort. My innards feel happy for a solid hour after I pour a cup of Lady Grey down. Do yourself a favor and try this stuff. It’s fantastic.

Tea bag! I was going to buy this in loose leaf but from what I’ve seen, the bagged form is actually better! So that’s what I went with and it doesn’t disappoint. Even Earl Grey haters might like this one. Someone mentioned it has the faint taste of orange froot loops haha and I’m happy to say that I can taste it too. Lovely :)

Yeah, yeah, I can get this in the States, but we were grocery shopping in Tesco and I wanted to make sure I had an acceptable tea in the morning. That was before the electric circuit for the power sockets went out in the flat. We had to wait for the landlord to pop in and fix it the next day! So I had to get a cup of tea in a place in Windsor called Caffe Nero.

But I was able to use the toaster this morning and had breakfast at the flat. I have not had Lady Grey often in the States but this is better than I remember. I think the Brits keep the better tea for themselves and send us the lesser stuff :D it’s pretty good for bagged tea.

I drank the bagged version of this tea for breakfast. It is okay, but definitely nothing special. I bought a box of this tea because my mom really enjoys it, and now I have to finish it. I cannot waste tea!
It’s not terrible with a little honey added, but I will be happy to see this box gone.

I thought this tea might be similar to a tea my boss brought me back from his last trip to London, alas, it is not.
Lady Grey is a nice, light version of Earl Grey: I like mine with two sugars and a bit of milk.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

My fiance has a tea club at his work! Luckily for me, he’s willing to trade some of my bagged teas for samples of what other people are drinking. This is one of the teas I got in the swap.

The smell is all lovely citrus, light and sweet. Brewed, it retains some of that citrusy taste, but I’m not loving it. I added some honey in the hopes it would make this tea wondrous … but I’m still not really enjoying it. I wouldn’t reject a cup of this outright, but I also don’t plan on adding it to my cupboard.

oh yes, an old favorite stand-by. make sure you’ve got milk (a little bit) and sugar (a little bit more) to really bring out the tart!

A good, refreshing tea. A fruity, slightly sweet version of Earl Grey, pretty nice for a teabag.