Lady Grey

Citrus, Honey, Bergamot, Cookie, Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Tea, Butter, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Creamy, Malt, Astringent, Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

Drinking it decaf in the afternoons because by then I’ve usually had too much caffeine.

I tried this on the recommendation of a friend who mentioned that she drank Lady Grey often while studying abroad in England. Since I’d had good luck with Twinings before, I picked up a box of this while at the grocery store yesterday.

At first sip, I was very pleasantly surprised by how much stronger the citrus tang in tea tea is. There is also a delicate sweetness to it. I can see myself drinking this throughout the rest of the summer as a pleasant morning treat.

While it isn’t something I would drink in place of my usual earl grey, I certainly appreciate the unique take on an old favorite. Loving the citrus, especially, which is a taste I sometimes crave in teas.

Lovely fragrance and taste. Milk and sugar – lots of it!

A pretty mild Earl Grey-type tea. It is pleasant, but not my favorite. I appreciate the prominent bergamot and lavender-ish flavor, but the overall blend doesn’t have the bite that I expect from an Earl Grey.

One of my favorite teas, has a unique taste that I just love.

Very nice looking.
Pleasant smell.
Tastes like Twinings Earl Grey but with lemon-scented detergent added.
Not really appealing.

A decent Earl Grey, but the bergamot flavoring seems a bit artificial, and a little bit heavy handed, and that’s what stops me from giving it higher marks. Its a good tea when faced with a tea box at a restaurant that stocks a Twinings sampler (which is often where I’ve had it).

last night I wanted to try something new, so I opened my lady grey. Not my favorite twinings but, twinings is never bad. A little too fruity maybe but plain earl grey is so much better!

I’m an Earl Grey fanatic and I found this in my cupboard when I had ran out (it was in one of those variety packs) so I decided to try it out. It actually surprised me at how much I liked it! It’s like a less harsh Earl Grey with prominent tones of citrus/lemon. Even if it’s lighter, it’s definitely not ‘weaker’. Steep it for 4-5 minutes and it’s perfect. So nice and refreshing for breakfast with a splash of milk.