Lady Grey

Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

Though dark in colour, the taste is suprisingly light. Lovely lemon taste, though I struggled to taste the bergamot.

Something happened to my palate a few months back in that all traditional Earl Greys started to take on a soaplike aftertaste from the bergamot oil. It didn’t matter how long or how little I steeped it. Heartbroken, because I happened to like Earl Grey, I started looking for alternatives with a similar flavor profile.

I found this Lady Grey in a supermarket and decided to give it a try. Overall, a very tasty afternoon tea for a cheap price. The lemon helps cut the bergamot flavor and leaves it with a nice, crisp citrusy flavor. Not at all tart and no soapy aftertaste. I like keeping this one at work.

Not my kind of tea but i love the fruity smell and the citrus flavour, the really light and refreshing taste… Perfect if you want to relax. The problem is that now is Monday morning and i’m in the office and i dont need to relax, i need to wake! ^^

Hello, usual breakfast tea, how are you? I consider Twinings to be my hustle-and-bustle tea, perfect for sitting in a travel mug whilst I do other things around the house. It’s soothing, it’s comfortable, and it perks me up in the morning. Bonus: there’s this delightful orange note in the background that its gentleman counterpart doesn’t possess.

I see that the Tea Smith makes Lady Grey, so I should find it. When I first had Lady Grey I liked it a lot; however, the Twinings tea often tastes too weak to me. I think the problem is that I shouldn’t be adding milk, and I don’t much like tea without milk.

the best twinings tea

Makes a great Iced-Tea..

So I tried this tea because well, I love the color grey. What an odd reason to buy tea, right? The smell was slightly repellent, but I started to be able to pick out the citrusy parts and the tea leaves part from each other and it started smelling quite pleasant. I have never tried black tea before either so this is a first.

The tea bag contained tea leaves of relatively small size. Most of the teas I’ve drank so far have similar size, so it doesn’t really concern me. The string had the perfect length for the cup (mug) I was using. The tea bag itself got stained slightly orange-brown because of the tea. So I’m going to take a sip of this right now since it has cooled for a while (I don’t like to burn my tongue really).

The flavor could be described as woodsy with a hint of citrus. The citrus taste comes at the end of the sip after the woodsy part. It tastes slightly bitter, but in a good way. I did not add any sugar or milk this time. Even though this tea does have caffeine, you can probably get similar flavor from the Decaf version that Twinings also made. I have no idea why, but I actually feel more relaxed by drinking this tea.

So the best part? The smell. It has an interesting scent compared to those extremely obvious scents from the herbal teas I’ve been drinking. The taste is pretty rich and I have no idea how smooth a tea must be to be described as smooth, but this sure is smooth.

I think one tea bag would make quite a few cups. Two minutes already gave quite a strong flavor.

Bought this for the extra caffeine to study for my exams next week. All twenty tea bags would probably be gone by the end of that week.

My first cup of Lady Grey. softer than the more manly Earl.

my favorite iced tea. great hot too. A top 10, probably 5 tea. A touch of sugar helps when its hot, iced needs nothing. Complex falvors

I really havent found the perfect temp or steep time and wonder if anyone has?