Lady Grey

Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

I’m a huge fan of this tea. Never had the bags, but I’ve always got a tin of loose leaves on top of the fridge. It’s a perfect rainy day tea; the scents of orange and cornflower will pick you right up! One of the best-smelling teas.

Supposedly it’s impossible to oversteep Lady Grey. I usually try to leave it for at least three minutes to get the full flavour out. I drink it plain; it doesn’t need sugar and it’s herbal-tasting enough that milk doesn’t do it any favours.

I love this tea in the afternoon. One day I added vanilla creamer by mistake at work, but the flavors work wonderfully together. It’s a great pick me up for the work day.

Possibly my favorite tea of all.

Delicious!! I love this tea, it’s fruity without being overbearingly so.

Delicious!

Though dark in colour, the taste is suprisingly light. Lovely lemon taste, though I struggled to taste the bergamot.

Something happened to my palate a few months back in that all traditional Earl Greys started to take on a soaplike aftertaste from the bergamot oil. It didn’t matter how long or how little I steeped it. Heartbroken, because I happened to like Earl Grey, I started looking for alternatives with a similar flavor profile.

I found this Lady Grey in a supermarket and decided to give it a try. Overall, a very tasty afternoon tea for a cheap price. The lemon helps cut the bergamot flavor and leaves it with a nice, crisp citrusy flavor. Not at all tart and no soapy aftertaste. I like keeping this one at work.

Not my kind of tea but i love the fruity smell and the citrus flavour, the really light and refreshing taste… Perfect if you want to relax. The problem is that now is Monday morning and i’m in the office and i dont need to relax, i need to wake! ^^

Hello, usual breakfast tea, how are you? I consider Twinings to be my hustle-and-bustle tea, perfect for sitting in a travel mug whilst I do other things around the house. It’s soothing, it’s comfortable, and it perks me up in the morning. Bonus: there’s this delightful orange note in the background that its gentleman counterpart doesn’t possess.

I see that the Tea Smith makes Lady Grey, so I should find it. When I first had Lady Grey I liked it a lot; however, the Twinings tea often tastes too weak to me. I think the problem is that I shouldn’t be adding milk, and I don’t much like tea without milk.