Lady Grey

Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

the best twinings tea

Makes a great Iced-Tea..

So I tried this tea because well, I love the color grey. What an odd reason to buy tea, right? The smell was slightly repellent, but I started to be able to pick out the citrusy parts and the tea leaves part from each other and it started smelling quite pleasant. I have never tried black tea before either so this is a first.

The tea bag contained tea leaves of relatively small size. Most of the teas I’ve drank so far have similar size, so it doesn’t really concern me. The string had the perfect length for the cup (mug) I was using. The tea bag itself got stained slightly orange-brown because of the tea. So I’m going to take a sip of this right now since it has cooled for a while (I don’t like to burn my tongue really).

The flavor could be described as woodsy with a hint of citrus. The citrus taste comes at the end of the sip after the woodsy part. It tastes slightly bitter, but in a good way. I did not add any sugar or milk this time. Even though this tea does have caffeine, you can probably get similar flavor from the Decaf version that Twinings also made. I have no idea why, but I actually feel more relaxed by drinking this tea.

So the best part? The smell. It has an interesting scent compared to those extremely obvious scents from the herbal teas I’ve been drinking. The taste is pretty rich and I have no idea how smooth a tea must be to be described as smooth, but this sure is smooth.

I think one tea bag would make quite a few cups. Two minutes already gave quite a strong flavor.

Bought this for the extra caffeine to study for my exams next week. All twenty tea bags would probably be gone by the end of that week.

My first cup of Lady Grey. softer than the more manly Earl.

my favorite iced tea. great hot too. A top 10, probably 5 tea. A touch of sugar helps when its hot, iced needs nothing. Complex falvors

I really havent found the perfect temp or steep time and wonder if anyone has?

This is my favorite tea, and I drink it constantly when I’m at home. I’ve only ever drunk the bagged, but I’m considering getting a tin of loose shipped over. As for the bagged: it’s just light, sweet and interesting. A lot of citrus and a great aroma. In my experience, it is nearly impossible to overbrew the bagged version with not-too-hot water. You can leave the bag in indefinitely without any bitterness.

it’s nearly impossible to brew it wrong.

My flat mate got me into this one. Perfect for moments when you don’t want a plain old builders’ brew, but need something a bit more familiar tasting than a wacky infusion.

This is one of my earliest tea tries. It’s a friendly flavor even tongues newer to the black tea world. I loved the lightness of it and that with the tea bags, I didn’t destroy the flavor too much if I forgot to take the bag out on time. When I started getting into loose leaf teas, I of course bought that variety but I’ve never been able to love it as much as the bags. I’m still trying to get that light citrus/flowery quality rather then the stronger black tea taste that seems to occur when I try using the leaf. If that just fails me, there is always the tea bag to go back to.

This one was nice, but I wasn’t overly impressed with it. I guess I just prefer the stronger flavor of the Earl Grey teas. I did the milk and sugar thing, but it was a bit too mild for my liking. Maybe I’ll give it another shot before I give up on it completely. I did get it in a sample package of Twinings teas, so I only have 4 bags left.