Lady Grey

Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

This is my favorite tea, and I drink it constantly when I’m at home. I’ve only ever drunk the bagged, but I’m considering getting a tin of loose shipped over. As for the bagged: it’s just light, sweet and interesting. A lot of citrus and a great aroma. In my experience, it is nearly impossible to overbrew the bagged version with not-too-hot water. You can leave the bag in indefinitely without any bitterness.

it’s nearly impossible to brew it wrong.

My flat mate got me into this one. Perfect for moments when you don’t want a plain old builders’ brew, but need something a bit more familiar tasting than a wacky infusion.

This is one of my earliest tea tries. It’s a friendly flavor even tongues newer to the black tea world. I loved the lightness of it and that with the tea bags, I didn’t destroy the flavor too much if I forgot to take the bag out on time. When I started getting into loose leaf teas, I of course bought that variety but I’ve never been able to love it as much as the bags. I’m still trying to get that light citrus/flowery quality rather then the stronger black tea taste that seems to occur when I try using the leaf. If that just fails me, there is always the tea bag to go back to.

This one was nice, but I wasn’t overly impressed with it. I guess I just prefer the stronger flavor of the Earl Grey teas. I did the milk and sugar thing, but it was a bit too mild for my liking. Maybe I’ll give it another shot before I give up on it completely. I did get it in a sample package of Twinings teas, so I only have 4 bags left.

i love this tea because of the citrus flavor and can drink it without milk that my husband always drinks. and it is so hard to find not even wal mart has it and boy i wish they did.

I don’t really like light black teas, but this wins me over. Even the bag version is still fragrant and good. Of course, I will try the loose tea version soon.

Indeed, very pleasant to drink. Everytime a winner especially when I serve it to the ladies…
Quite refreshing, a very harmonious balance of flavors. The color of the brew is very appealing.
Recommend to serve the tea leafs in a tall glass ( or glass tea pot) so one can whatch the dry leafs unfold and admire the colorful ingredients of the blend. Therefore you might want to go a bit lower with the water temperature (85 degrees Celcius). Also take it easy with the portioning…otherwise the tannins break through as you will not set the glass to your lips after exactly 3 minutes and whatever seconds…well, only a suggestion.

Tea, in general, without milk is something I’ve had to accquire the taste for, and this tea has helped a lot. It smells wonderful and it’s mellow, and has enough body to keep me from missing the milk!

when in doubt and i don’t have time to brew this one does the trick