Lady Grey

Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

2 Images

From Twinings

“A refreshing, light black tea with the distinctive citrus fruit flavor of bergamot to deliver an uplifting tea with vibrant aroma and zesty flavors of orange and lemon. Lady Grey Tea is a unique blend from Twinings…[with a] gentle citrus flavor that is both relaxing and refreshing. It is perfect in the morning with breakfast or for afternoon tea. Enjoy it with a little milk, or with sweetener, or to your liking.”

About Twinings View company

A sample from KittyLovesTea. I have a migraine at the moment, so I’ve not really been drinking much tea today. Mostly just sitting in the dark feeling ill, irritated, and bored. I’ve perked up a bit now, though, and decided to look for something fairly simple from my box of swap teas. This one looked like a contender, so I went for it.

I actually don’t think I’ve tried a Lady Grey before, or at least not that I remember. Interesting, because I actually really like this. It tastes a bit like orange sherbet, or one of those orange cream ice lollies. The orange flavour is most prominent, followed by the black tea base, which is smooth and delicious. My brain isn’t up for much in the way of description at the moment, but there’s not much else to say except I’m really enjoying this. Lady Grey is one to investigate in the future! Thanks again to KittyLovesTea for sharing this with me!

At Strada Cafe, Berkeley – had a steaming hot cup of this. I remember liking this one the last time I had it, but it’s been a while so I wasn’t really sure how it would measure up today. Turns out it was quite tasty! I liked the blend of bergamot with more of a citrus accent, without being overdone. Some natural sweetness to it, unobtrusive black tea base. A very good back-up tea for a cafe setting.

This’ the last teabag of this. I like it enough that I might go and buy a full box. I’d get the full loose leaf, except that it doesn’t seem that anywhere around here sells it. The only Twinings loose leafs I’ve found are for Earl Grey and Gunpowder Green.

Besides, Tealicious seems to have plans for their own version of Lady Grey, so maybe I’ll just hold off on getting more until they come out with their own and try that first.

As you may have noticed, I haven’t updated a lot lately, and I will tell you my reasoning: unless I find something particularly interesting the following times I drink something, I most likely will not log it. May give the impression I don’t drink much tea. More like I require VARIETEA. (Har har, look at my pun.) cough Anyways.

Waking up with a cup of bagged Lady Grey, because I needed something light and citrus-y to fill my nostrils and taste buds! It’s very forgiving on steep times and temperatures, and I drink it straight because it never strikes me as bitter or too bold. Personal preference would normally lead me to Irish Breakfast, but this is a lazy morning that requires the power of tea and fruit in one cup, rather than soothing milk that will paralyze my senses until I am prepared to realize that I am, in fact, quite conscious. Today, I am off to Sotheby’s with my college twin, so I have to look lively!

myspecialtea :)

lol….sorry, it was just the way i read the first line of this paragraph:

“Waking up with a cup of BAGGED LADY Grey….”

I’m enjoying a cup myself as i’m reading this…i’m sure the Bagged Lady Grey liked it as well ;)

Earl Grey for the bergamot hater. The citrus keeps the berga-monster from getting out of control. I’m seeing “froot loops” in at least one review, and I understand and appreciate where that comparison came from.

Sipdown. I do like you, Lady Grey. You may come back into my cubbord someday, but we are casual friends, not besties. Till next time, Lady Grey!

I wasn’t sure what I wanted, and I have a lot of this for some reason, so this is what I’m having. And you know, I actually like it. (I guess there is a reason I have so much of it.) It really is a citrusy take on Earl Grey and a decent one at that. It’s good to keep some bagged tea around for when you need a quick and mindless cup, and this does just the trick.

ashmanra

This one makes my pinky go up in the air! I feel hoity-toity when I drink it!

A teabag sample of this came to me via a swap with MirandaGou. Thank you for sharing this with me!

I have been in the “afternoon tea” sorta mood lately. I feel like I should have on fancy ear rings and be sipping tea out of a tea pot with all the neighborhood ladies with a tray of little cookies. This fit right into my current mood. This was so yummy. Lemony citrus mixed with a spark of bergamot. I may have to grab a tin of this the next time I come across a store caring it.

My first Lady Grey – it tastes like Earl Gray, I enjoyed it.

This cup of tea should have been a disaster. I overbrewed by about three minutes, and it is bagged. I also skipped any type of additions, as I usually lightly sweeten my tea. However, this is quite good! I am shocked, and this needs to be on my shopping list for when I am travelling. When not at home, it is good to have fool-proof tea on hand…..
Thank you to teawing for sending me some of this to try!

Boiling 8 min or more