Earl Grey (loose leaf)

Bergamot, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Citrusy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Round , Toasty, Toffee, Earl Grey, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Sonofabrat

• “I had to have Earl Grey this morning. I’m thinking its a plus that my favorite EG is also one of the most inexpensive on the market. It’s also one of the easiest to find. My parents...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm so I’m thinking that bringing a french press to work was one of the best ideas I’ve had in a while. I’ve been able to make large quantities and share with my co-workers. ...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 369 tasting notes
  • “Here is another tea that I have in my cupboard, drink a lot of it and never have done a tasting on. I got six tins of this off of Amazon for 17 bucks. I have a two tins left. I would not go as...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 169 tasting notes
  • “My fiance was running out of Earl Grey and he picked up a tin of this to share with me since he thought I would like a loose leaf Earl and he knows that I like Twinings tea. The tea was not as...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, to deliver an uplifting tea with a unique floral aroma and refreshing taste.

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings Earl Grey. Legend has it, that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China.

About Twinings View company

Great Earl Grey! Smells strongly of bergamont but tastes just the right amount! One of my favorite Earl Greys for sure!

Still being a bit of a neophyte in the tea tasting arena, I don’t know what a lot of the qualities of particular teas are supposed to be. However, that being said, I very much like this tea. It’s got a very nice smell to it and it tastes great.

Not as good as yesterday, I think I understeeped it.

My favorite hot tea in the world.

This is a fine tea from Twinings.

The tea is excellent. It has the nice taste of bergamot without being too overpowering. This tea is splendid for any occasion, and I drink plenty of it. Great plain, though I add milk from time to time.

I would heartily recommend this tea to anyone, and have; though most of my family isn’t too keen on tea. ;)

My first experience with Earl Grey and it’s still my favourite. Love the light citrus/bergamot flavours and I’ve noticed I can leave the bag in the pot for an extended time without it going bitter.
It’s a comforting, basic tried and true favourite and great for after dinner and dessert.

This is another tea about which I can’t decide whether I like it or not. I had never had earl grey before last week and this is my second cup. The mild citrus taste numbs the tongue a little, and is a little bitter. It is a generic citrus flavor, closest to grapefruit perhaps, but not as strong nor as bitter. I imagine it is an acquired taste.

Simple, basic, tasty earl grey

Staple tea right there. Couldn’t live without it.

I drink a lot of this particular tea, however I prefer making Iced Tea from it. Great all day long!

One thing I simply love to do is mix this with Boston Tea Co. Jasmine Green. I blend 1 tsp. Twinings Earl Grey, 1/2 tsp Boston Tea Co. Jasmin Green and brew at 180 for 2 minutes. Add a touch of Stevia Extract to sweeten and pour over ice. Wonderful and refreshing!