Earl Grey (loose leaf)

Earl Grey
Edit tea info Last updated by Sonofabrat

• “I had to have Earl Grey this morning. I'm thinking its a plus that my favorite EG is also one of the most inexpensive on the market. It's also one of the easiest to find. My parents drank this and...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm so I'm thinking that bringing a french press to work was one of the best ideas I've had in a while. I've been able to make large quantities and share with my co-workers. Yesterday I made...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 361 tasting notes
  • “Here is another tea that I have in my cupboard, drink a lot of it and never have done a tasting on. I got six tins of this off of Amazon for 17 bucks. I have a two tins left. I would not go as...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “My fiance was running out of Earl Grey and he picked up a tin of this to share with me since he thought I would like a loose leaf Earl and he knows that I like Twinings tea. The tea was not as...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 538 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, to deliver an uplifting tea with a unique floral aroma and refreshing taste.

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings Earl Grey. Legend has it, that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China.

About Twinings View company

This is the tea I probably drink more than any other. I’ve tried other Earl Grey teas but none really come close.

2 sugars with lemon or just lemon depending on my mood.

It’s unexceptional, but really pleasant to drink. Probably the best tea I’ve tried from Twinings, definitely better than the English Breakfast.

It’s also the only loose leaf tea available in my nearest shop, so works well as a standby when I haven’t bought anything else.

An old, comfortable standby.

Love the fragrance, very satisfying taste. You can’t go wrong with this Earl Grey!

One of the best Earl Grey tea

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

I can’t live without this stuff.

Sometimes I feel it could stand to have a slightly stronger flavor, but it’s overall nicely balanced – far better than every other cheap Earl Grey I’ve tried at least. And the intoxicating scent alone is worth every penny.

Flavors: Earl Grey

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is MY tea. When I want a cuppa, this is what I’m talking about. It’s light, refreshing, and well balanced. Put your feet up, put on some Bach, and enjoy this tea with a bit of Walkers shortbread!

It’s me 5th day at sea, and stores are low. All I’ve got in the hold is Earl Grey and Jasmine, and a teabag o’ strawberry & rhubarb tisane. For me mornin’ brew, I choose the Earl Grey.

Tis gettin’ to the bottom o’ the tin, and the bits ‘r gettin’ smaller and smaller, and escapin’ from the basket. When I reach the bottom o’ the mug, it looks a bit like the bilge before pumpin’. If we had a gypsy wench on board, she could read me fortune.

I be enjoyin’ the brew, though. And bein’ Friday, the ship should be pullin’ inta port soon, and I can enjoy a little shore leave. Arrrr!

[It’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day… Arrrr!]

Earl Grey (loose leaf, naturally) is one of my top teas, especially on rainy days. The dark flavours of this tea really make one want to cozy up by the window and watch the rain fall. This particular brand is my favorite (next to locally grown/sold).

Marzipan

I love this one too. I got some of Lady Grey but think I like Earl better.

Lyssa

I haven’t tried Lady Grey, to be honest. I’m too in love with the handsome Earl <3

Marzipan

It’s lighter, but I like them strong.

Lyssa

I like my darker teas weak and my lighter teas strong, lol. I guess that makes me a little weird. I just made some Red Rose black tea as an iced tea. It was really bitter until I diluted it with water. My husband isn’t a fan, so I guess I get the whole pitcher to myself!

Suziqzer

Welcome to Steepster :)

DeliriumsFrogs

Drinking tea while watching rain fall outside is so absolutely wonderful. :)

Lyssa

Thanks for the welcome! And, yes, rainy days and tea go together so perfectly!

This is my favorite tea. Go to daily driver for me. Best I’ve ever had