Earl Grey (loose leaf)

Bergamot, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Citrusy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Round , Toasty, Toffee, Earl Grey, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Sonofabrat

• “I had to have Earl Grey this morning. I’m thinking its a plus that my favorite EG is also one of the most inexpensive on the market. It’s also one of the easiest to find. My parents...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm so I’m thinking that bringing a french press to work was one of the best ideas I’ve had in a while. I’ve been able to make large quantities and share with my co-workers. ...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 368 tasting notes
  • “Here is another tea that I have in my cupboard, drink a lot of it and never have done a tasting on. I got six tins of this off of Amazon for 17 bucks. I have a two tins left. I...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “My fiance was running out of Earl Grey and he picked up a tin of this to share with me since he thought I would like a loose leaf Earl and he knows that I like Twinings tea. The tea was...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, to deliver an uplifting tea with a unique floral aroma and refreshing taste.

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings Earl Grey. Legend has it, that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China.

About Twinings View company

This is the tea I probably drink more than any other. I’ve tried other Earl Grey teas but none really come close.

2 sugars with lemon or just lemon depending on my mood.

It’s unexceptional, but really pleasant to drink. Probably the best tea I’ve tried from Twinings, definitely better than the English Breakfast.

It’s also the only loose leaf tea available in my nearest shop, so works well as a standby when I haven’t bought anything else.

An old, comfortable standby.

Love the fragrance, very satisfying taste. You can’t go wrong with this Earl Grey!

I’ve added a small lemon slice and sweetened it with half of a packet of Truvia; I’m disappointed, actually, that I’d never had Earl Grey before today.

For the amount I paid (HKD103, roughly GBP9, USD13.5 for 200g), I think this is very good tea. I think it’s better than some of the more expensive ones from other brands. I also like it that I can make this tea without care and know that it will still taste good.
I am still very new to tea, I couldn’t tell if the bergamot fragrance was from real natural oil or artificial flavouring, but I loved it in this tea, I found it refreshing.
I can drink this any way, plain black, with only milk, with only sugar, or with both milk and sugar.
Note: I always make my tea in teapot. I put in 240ml water at first steep, and another 240ml second steep.

Flavors: Bergamot, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Citrusy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Round , Toasty, Toffee

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 240 ML

I like this tea, and not only because twinings is such a classic and nostalgic brand. This earl gray isn’t bitter (even when brewed strongly) and it tastes very simple. The bermagot isn’t too strong—it picks out the flavor nicely without being overpowering. For me this is a simpler, solid black tea to keep as a staple. I usually drink it during the afternoons.

One of the best Earl Grey tea

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

I can’t live without this stuff.

Sometimes I feel it could stand to have a slightly stronger flavor, but it’s overall nicely balanced – far better than every other cheap Earl Grey I’ve tried at least. And the intoxicating scent alone is worth every penny.

Flavors: Earl Grey

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is MY tea. When I want a cuppa, this is what I’m talking about. It’s light, refreshing, and well balanced. Put your feet up, put on some Bach, and enjoy this tea with a bit of Walkers shortbread!