Earl Grey (loose leaf)

Bergamot, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Citrusy, Dates, Dried Fruit, Round , Toasty, Toffee, Earl Grey, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Sonofabrat

• “I had to have Earl Grey this morning. I’m thinking its a plus that my favorite EG is also one of the most inexpensive on the market. It’s also one of the easiest to find. My parents...” Read full tasting note
    Maniac49 429 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm so I’m thinking that bringing a french press to work was one of the best ideas I’ve had in a while. I’ve been able to make large quantities and share with my co-workers. ...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 368 tasting notes
  • “Here is another tea that I have in my cupboard, drink a lot of it and never have done a tasting on. I got six tins of this off of Amazon for 17 bucks. I have a two tins left. I...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “My fiance was running out of Earl Grey and he picked up a tin of this to share with me since he thought I would like a loose leaf Earl and he knows that I like Twinings tea. The tea was...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

Fine black tea expertly blended with the citrus fruit flavor of bergamot, to deliver an uplifting tea with a unique floral aroma and refreshing taste.

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings Earl Grey. Legend has it, that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China.

About Twinings View company

It’s me 5th day at sea, and stores are low. All I’ve got in the hold is Earl Grey and Jasmine, and a teabag o’ strawberry & rhubarb tisane. For me mornin’ brew, I choose the Earl Grey.

Tis gettin’ to the bottom o’ the tin, and the bits ‘r gettin’ smaller and smaller, and escapin’ from the basket. When I reach the bottom o’ the mug, it looks a bit like the bilge before pumpin’. If we had a gypsy wench on board, she could read me fortune.

I be enjoyin’ the brew, though. And bein’ Friday, the ship should be pullin’ inta port soon, and I can enjoy a little shore leave. Arrrr!

[It’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day… Arrrr!]

Earl Grey (loose leaf, naturally) is one of my top teas, especially on rainy days. The dark flavours of this tea really make one want to cozy up by the window and watch the rain fall. This particular brand is my favorite (next to locally grown/sold).

Marzipan

I love this one too. I got some of Lady Grey but think I like Earl better.

I haven’t tried Lady Grey, to be honest. I’m too in love with the handsome Earl

Marzipan

It’s lighter, but I like them strong.

Lyssa

I like my darker teas weak and my lighter teas strong, lol. I guess that makes me a little weird. I just made some Red Rose black tea as an iced tea. It was really bitter until I diluted it with water. My husband isn’t a fan, so I guess I get the whole pitcher to myself!

Suziqzer

Welcome to Steepster :)

DeliriumsFrogs

Drinking tea while watching rain fall outside is so absolutely wonderful. :)

Lyssa

Thanks for the welcome! And, yes, rainy days and tea go together so perfectly!

This is my favorite tea. Go to daily driver for me. Best I’ve ever had

An allright Earl Grey that you can get almost everywhere.

I wish they brought back the old twinnings earl grey back. This tea used to be much better.

This is quite a nice cup to tea. Or I am assuming so, since my sister the tea thief seemed to enjoy it. I go looking for my tea and there she is drinking it. “Oh, I guess I did want tea after all.” Two teaspoons of sugar and a tea ball with a little toaster figurine on the end. Looked good!

always brought this to school if i had early morning classes :)

Hands down my favourite tea of all time. I’ve been drinking it for many years, even before I was “into” tea. It is one I can drink every day and never get sick of it. Other teas come and go but this one always remains in the cupboard.

The first Earl Grey I remember having as a child…
I still have the old tin package after 20 years…