Pure Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jack

From Twinings

A soothing and refreshing green tea with a delicate flavour and a light golden colour. Pure and natural. Green teas are made from leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant, the same leaves as tea.

About Twinings View company

I don’t believe I could call myself a fan of Twinings. I mean, tea is tea and I’ll drink it, and unfortunately a lot of restaurants serve this brand. To me, it tastes bland and boring.

Mild grassy taste – no intense flavors. Very clean tasting, yet unexciting.

Again, another light tea, but quite enjoyable. Mixed it with some honey and was a perfect mix to quell my irritated throat!

I don’t dislike green tea, but it’s not my favorite. I can appreciate a good cup when I’m invited or when I receive one as a gift, but I rarely invest myself. However, there are times when I want that clean, distinct grassiness, straight in warm water without no additives.

Today I had something slightly greasy for dinner, and wanted a cup of green tea to cleanse it out. Usually I go for Puerh or Oolong, but I didn’t have any on my cupboard. Instead I tried this complimentary tea bag I just got from my last Twinings order, and it does its job. Steeped for a minute and a half, light and just right for my taste.

Pretty good and refreshing. Be careful not to use boiling water, as the tea will aquire a bitter aftertaste if you do so. This tea really has a plain simple flavor that it is hard for someone to go wrong with it.

Meh.

We have some of this in the house and I drink it when I’m in a rush in the morning. Not horrible, but definitely nothing exciting either. Kinda cardboardy, actually.

I’m divided between feeling if I should be generous or critical with this tea. When it comes to green teas this is nothing to brag about or promote as an excellent example of a really good one, neither is it a really bad tea that needs lots of sugar to be considered drinkable. This one is more of a generic green tea without any special character to it, which depending upon one’s perspective may or may not be a good thing.

This is a perfectly drinkable, but rather bland and unexciting green tea. A pleasant, vaguely grassy, generic green tea flavour with no real depth.

I did not like this tea. It wasn’t horrible, however it has a bitter aftertaste. After having Twinings Jasmine Green Tea I thought I’d like this tea as well.

I keep a box of Twinnings green tea at work, and drink it iced, unsweetened, every day with lunch. Because it doesn’t have a very strong flavor, I can pour 16oz over a 24oz cup of ice, and and sip on that all afternoon, right down to the last bits of melted ice. I don’t care for it hot; it’s a bit acidic.

Iced