Lapsang Souchong

Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by MayCSB

• “The ratings on this are all over the place. I rather liked it. I actually got three steeps out of the bag. The first made me think bacon. The second was pulled pork. The third was lighter but still...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1315 tasting notes
  • “Twinings sample bag. First LS I have ever had in a bag. I was surprised. It is not terrible. Not a very strong LS though. But,I would actually purchase some of this to have on hand for a quick...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “I usually LOVE me some Lapsang Souchong. But this one is just pure gross. I won't mention what it reminds me of... I don't want to ruin anyone's tea appetite. I think I might not even finish...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1375 tasting notes
  • “There are days when you need comfort food....well like comfort food sometimes you need comfort tea. In my opinion there are none better than Lapsang Souchong. Ahhh!! Happiness. ” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 353 tasting notes

From Twinings

They say smells and tastes can conjure up memories in an instant. Well, we say there isn’t a scent or flavour more distinctive than Lapsang Souchong.

It’s all down to the pinewood smoke that permeates the tea leaves when they’re being dried. The result? A smokey, golden tea that will evoke the forests of pine trees and ice-capped mountains with every sip.

About Twinings View company

This is the first Lapsang Souchong I’ve ever purchased and the name itself is a interesting ear-worm. I’m still not familiar on a perfect brew temp so the first time I tried it I did it wrong and put me off. The smell itself was interesting; a nice earthy wood-burning scent that reminds me of smoking meats in a smoker. The first time I tried it was like a punch to the face I brewed it so much that it tasted salty! The second time I did some researched and steeped it for less time and it came out better then expected. This won’t be the last time I’ll try it there are probably better brands out there. Did I mention this makes me fear that the smell of Lapsang Souchong will permeate to my other teas?

whoa baby, smells like a barbecue

One of my very favorites

My preferred lapsang.
I have a “vintage” edition (dated on 2005 and found at the bottom of a cupboard) that is stronger and more pleasant that the regular one.

This was the first Lapsang Souchong I ever tried and I still keep a box at work in case I’m ever in the mood. I personally find that it smells smokier than it tastes, which is ok because it tastes really smokey! I prefer this tea during the fall or winter. It seems to fit the mood of the cold weather months much better. My 17 year old cousin calls this “the campfire tea”.

I love smoky teas, but this is a little too much like drinking pine tar. It leaves a harsh feeling in my throat and feels like it should be carcinogenic. It’s not a bad bagged smoky tea and I would happily drink this for convenience’s sake, but I’m keeping my eyes peeled for a better bagged lapsang souchong.

This is the ultimate, penultimate lapsang souchong tea. I have tried different brands but always come back to this; though I have to order online from Britain as they no longer sell this tea in Canada. How can I describe the taste? Comforting, soothing, redolent of raspberries and cherries (to me, anyways) – perfect with a little soy milk creamer and agave nectar. My go-to tea of all time.

Possibly my favourite tea of all time. The taste and aroma is like nothing else, and gives me that campfire-nostalgia feeling too, though of what I’ve no idea!

Makes me feel warm and comfy inside, perfect for Winter.

I got excited when I saw this sitting in my teacher’s tea basket. She was excited that I wanted to try it. So, after several attempts of taking a drink (and burning myself) I finally got a taste.

First, it doesn’t really taste like much. It tastes a little peppery to me. Not bad but not something that I would drink all the time.

Second, this tea smells like bacon. I swear it does. One of my classmates sat down from me and asked where the bacon was so I wasn’t the only one.

Overall, it isn’t something I would drink all of the time but it was interesting to try.

A very smooth tea, one that makes you feel as though you are sitting in a log cabin with a big sweater on and the snow falling outside. Definitely has that distinctively smokey taste but slides down so easily.