Christmas Tea

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

From Twinings

Create a merry moment with Twinings Christmas Tea. Expertly blended with the savoury flavours of cinnamon and clove, this fine black tea is sure to bring you holiday cheer with its warm, spicy taste and soothing aroma.

About Twinings View company

At the end of October I was at Epcot in Orlando wandering around the World Showcase and found a Twinings store in England. I bought this one with so many expectations and deep rooted excitement. Not sure if that is what would later ruin the experience for me. I put in my cupboard and forced myself to wait until after Thanksgiving when the Christmas tree and all the decorations were out so I could get the full experience. I brewed a pot and sat in the living room by the tree with my husband (we even put the Yule log thing on the tv that we found on Netflix for the full effect). First sip….. complete disappointment. Bland tea that just seemed to be a weaker version of Chai. That whole month of eyeballing it every time I got a tea out of my cupboard and THAT is what I get? It was a sad day. :(

Fourth tea bag in today’s sipdown. Vastly unimpressed with this one. Dry, the bag smelled of paper. The cup when brewed had some slight scent that was nice but overly mild. First sip I got cloves and orange, but not in large quantities. Now I’m about ten sips in and am getting . . . spiced paper. Also the more I smell the mug, the more I’m getting a pu’erh smell from the tea. This is definitely not a tea I’ll be craving next Christmas. :(

It is not just for Christmas, I love the flavors, like a Chai lite…

Although it’s got cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the mix, Twinings Christmas Tea isn’t overly spiced. It’s easy to go overboard with holiday spiced teas…I’ve had some where I’ve seriously wondered if I haven’t accidentally steeped potpourri instead of tea.

This isn’t like that. It’s lovely for an afternoon or evening…I hesitate to recommend it as a morning cuppa, simply because like a lot of Twinings bags, I don’t think it’s strong enough. However, it should be noted that I like my black teas very, very strong, so to each their own.

Do you want a convenient black tea that smells like Christmas parties at your second cousin’s house where her son gets way too touchy feely with his girlfriend who’s twice his age while your other cousin gets weirdly religious on you? Then yes, this is the tea for you. It smells like Christmas and tastes like black bagged tea that your mom makes. I only reached for it because the Kuerig seemed like less work than the kettle. Still, wasn’t bad.

Hahaha this is an oddly specific description

Super Starling!

Yeah, is there anything else you’d like to get off your chest? ;) We’re here. We care.

As this was a gift from my new boss for Christmas, and it bagged, it was an easy choice for a work tea, and I drank the first of it this morning.
I thought this would be darker, somehow. More intense spices. As it is, it was light, and surprisingly sweet to me.
Enjoyable, but a perfect work tea. I could enjoy the sips I could pay attention to, but didn’t mind igoring it when I had work to do.

Sipdown (166)

Merry Christmas all!! What better day than today to finish up this Christmas tea sample (courtesy of the wonderful MissB, I believe). Alas, the tea is mostly tasting like perfume and cloves. Not really for me but that could be due to storage of this sample rather than the tea itself. Still, it was nice to try and definitely festive.

Merry Christmas to you too, VariaTEA!

Sipdown (141)!

Cold brewed this one thinking it was the other Christmas Twinings blend from MissB – but it turned out ok overall because the flavours in this one were pretty suited to cold brewing too. I drank 25 oz. of it during my 15 min. break at work today, and it was definitely refreshing. Basically it was like a light, watery orange drink with notes of cinnamon heavy pie crust. I get the “Christmas” tie in for sure.

Today’s word was “teem” which means: ‘to become filled with many of something : abound’. Not a new word for me, and an easy one to use at work.

Interesting work thing: I sold about $120 worth of frozen frog legs to someone today. Pretty sure he bought out all the store’s inventory. I didn’t even know we sold frogs legs; but it sure was a lot of them.

I only got to 7. Not very good!

Brewed tea has a strong warm apple cider aroma with clove spice. I can also detect a type of soft smoothness/creaminess that I think is coming from the black tea. Fruity notes in the brewed aroma.

3.5 minute infusion may have been a bit too long for this one. I’m sensitive to the bitterness here. I would also consider infusing at a lower temperature Seems to be a very nice mix of flavours. I would definitely give this one another try in the future.

Thanks to MissB for sharing a sample with me!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

cloves…the base isn’t bad but so many cloves…and spicey and no. just not for me.