Christmas Tea

Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Rob Yaple

From Twinings

Twinings Christmas Tea starts with a selection of our expertly blended black tea and infused with the traditional spiced flavors of cinnamon and cloves. This tea has a spicy aroma that will get you into that special holiday mood.

About Twinings View company

At the end of October I was at Epcot in Orlando wandering around the World Showcase and found a Twinings store in England. I bought this one with so many expectations and deep rooted excitement. Not sure if that is what would later ruin the experience for me. I put in my cupboard and forced myself to wait until after Thanksgiving when the Christmas tree and all the decorations were out so I could get the full experience. I brewed a pot and sat in the living room by the tree with my husband (we even put the Yule log thing on the tv that we found on Netflix for the full effect). First sip….. complete disappointment. Bland tea that just seemed to be a weaker version of Chai. That whole month of eyeballing it every time I got a tea out of my cupboard and THAT is what I get? It was a sad day. :(

Fourth tea bag in today’s sipdown. Vastly unimpressed with this one. Dry, the bag smelled of paper. The cup when brewed had some slight scent that was nice but overly mild. First sip I got cloves and orange, but not in large quantities. Now I’m about ten sips in and am getting . . . spiced paper. Also the more I smell the mug, the more I’m getting a pu’erh smell from the tea. This is definitely not a tea I’ll be craving next Christmas. :(

It is not just for Christmas, I love the flavors, like a Chai lite…

Although it’s got cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the mix, Twinings Christmas Tea isn’t overly spiced. It’s easy to go overboard with holiday spiced teas…I’ve had some where I’ve seriously wondered if I haven’t accidentally steeped potpourri instead of tea.

This isn’t like that. It’s lovely for an afternoon or evening…I hesitate to recommend it as a morning cuppa, simply because like a lot of Twinings bags, I don’t think it’s strong enough. However, it should be noted that I like my black teas very, very strong, so to each their own.

Christmas tea! Loose, in the MOST ADORABLE TIN.

Yes, I admit.

I bought it for the tin.

The tea is OK. A strong Assam, not mellow. Clove and cinnamon flavouring.

Good with milky stuff. (I had to go behind THREE cartons of eggnog to reach it!) Will be picking up my card photos today and packaging up this tea (and another two options for those who don’t looooove cloves or flavoured teas) for the people whose addresses I actually have. I’m sorry swap friends, I didn’t keep everyone’s address.

Happy holidays! (There are a couple people who probably won’t get their cards until January, lol!)

Fjellrev

I saw all their tins at Target and was SO tempted to get one too, but luckily some jerk opened one of each of them already, so once I smelled them I thought nope.

OMGsrsly

This was the only one there! And although people had tried to open some of them, I went into the back of the pile and got a pristine one. Mostly I wanted the tin. I’m not fussed that the tea isn’t fantastic. :)

(The tin will be PERFECT for sewing Things.)

OMGsrsly

ALSO, no one has your address. Hint hint. Ahem.

My 2nd favorite tea (a close 2nd to Constant Comment). Will be drinking this after Sunday dinners out of Grandma Sherrill’s Christmas tea set soon!

A boring, forgettable bagged black tea with the barest hint of spice. It wasn’t terrible, but I wouldn’t drink it again unless there was nothing better available.

Flavors: Spices

used this to make a tea latte (brewed in milk). Has a distinct orange cream taste.

This was one of the first two teas that started my tea journey and is so delicious. Very rich flavors for a bagged tea and I was lucky enough to get some tins of the loose leaf which of course was so much better than the bags. Wonderful hints of cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves but not quite like a chai. Very Christmasy but I love drinking it all year.

For $4 for 3.5oz this is an excellent value in loose leaf tea.

Having this again after chatting with a friend today who I’d given a bag to and she described it as being like a chai but without the spice and she really liked it. Steep time on the first 24 oz pot of 3 minutes and the second closer to 5 and I get 4 pretty strong 12 oz cups.

Grabbed a box of this for the holidays because I was feeling in the spirit of the season.

The tea has a wonderful aroma of cinnamon and clove, which is great for making the house smell nice. The problem is that the actual taste of the tea is extremely bland. There really is no flavor whatsoever. I was pretty disappointed.