Christmas Tea

Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

2 Images

From Twinings

ack by popular demand – this is becoming a Twinings Christmas Tea Tradition. Makes a wonderful tea gift as it’s the perfect size to either slip into a Christmas Stocking or to add a thanks for someone special. Christmas isn’t complete without a familar taste that reminds you of all the good times gone and the good times to come.

About Twinings View company

At the end of October I was at Epcot in Orlando wandering around the World Showcase and found a Twinings store in England. I bought this one with so many expectations and deep rooted excitement. Not sure if that is what would later ruin the experience for me. I put in my cupboard and forced myself to wait until after Thanksgiving when the Christmas tree and all the decorations were out so I could get the full experience. I brewed a pot and sat in the living room by the tree with my husband (we even put the Yule log thing on the tv that we found on Netflix for the full effect). First sip….. complete disappointment. Bland tea that just seemed to be a weaker version of Chai. That whole month of eyeballing it every time I got a tea out of my cupboard and THAT is what I get? It was a sad day. :(

Fourth tea bag in today’s sipdown. Vastly unimpressed with this one. Dry, the bag smelled of paper. The cup when brewed had some slight scent that was nice but overly mild. First sip I got cloves and orange, but not in large quantities. Now I’m about ten sips in and am getting . . . spiced paper. Also the more I smell the mug, the more I’m getting a pu’erh smell from the tea. This is definitely not a tea I’ll be craving next Christmas. :(

It is not just for Christmas, I love the flavors, like a Chai lite…

Although it’s got cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the mix, Twinings Christmas Tea isn’t overly spiced. It’s easy to go overboard with holiday spiced teas…I’ve had some where I’ve seriously wondered if I haven’t accidentally steeped potpourri instead of tea.

This isn’t like that. It’s lovely for an afternoon or evening…I hesitate to recommend it as a morning cuppa, simply because like a lot of Twinings bags, I don’t think it’s strong enough. However, it should be noted that I like my black teas very, very strong, so to each their own.

Sipdown (141)!

Cold brewed this one thinking it was the other Christmas Twinings blend from MissB – but it turned out ok overall because the flavours in this one were pretty suited to cold brewing too. I drank 25 oz. of it during my 15 min. break at work today, and it was definitely refreshing. Basically it was like a light, watery orange drink with notes of cinnamon heavy pie crust. I get the “Christmas” tie in for sure.

Today’s word was “teem” which means: ‘to become filled with many of something : abound’. Not a new word for me, and an easy one to use at work.

Interesting work thing: I sold about $120 worth of frozen frog legs to someone today. Pretty sure he bought out all the store’s inventory. I didn’t even know we sold frogs legs; but it sure was a lot of them.

Ubacat

I only got to 7. Not very good!

Brewed tea has a strong warm apple cider aroma with clove spice. I can also detect a type of soft smoothness/creaminess that I think is coming from the black tea. Fruity notes in the brewed aroma.

3.5 minute infusion may have been a bit too long for this one. I’m sensitive to the bitterness here. I would also consider infusing at a lower temperature Seems to be a very nice mix of flavours. I would definitely give this one another try in the future.

Thanks to MissB for sharing a sample with me!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

cloves…the base isn’t bad but so many cloves…and spicey and no. just not for me.

Christmas tea! Loose, in the MOST ADORABLE TIN.

Yes, I admit.

I bought it for the tin.

The tea is OK. A strong Assam, not mellow. Clove and cinnamon flavouring.

Good with milky stuff. (I had to go behind THREE cartons of eggnog to reach it!) Will be picking up my card photos today and packaging up this tea (and another two options for those who don’t looooove cloves or flavoured teas) for the people whose addresses I actually have. I’m sorry swap friends, I didn’t keep everyone’s address.

Happy holidays! (There are a couple people who probably won’t get their cards until January, lol!)

Fjellrev

I saw all their tins at Target and was SO tempted to get one too, but luckily some jerk opened one of each of them already, so once I smelled them I thought nope.

OMGsrsly

This was the only one there! And although people had tried to open some of them, I went into the back of the pile and got a pristine one. Mostly I wanted the tin. I’m not fussed that the tea isn’t fantastic. :)

(The tin will be PERFECT for sewing Things.)

OMGsrsly

ALSO, no one has your address. Hint hint. Ahem.

My 2nd favorite tea (a close 2nd to Constant Comment). Will be drinking this after Sunday dinners out of Grandma Sherrill’s Christmas tea set soon!

A boring, forgettable bagged black tea with the barest hint of spice. It wasn’t terrible, but I wouldn’t drink it again unless there was nothing better available.

Flavors: Spices