Christmas Tea

Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Rob Yaple

From Twinings

Twinings Christmas Tea starts with a selection of our expertly blended black tea and infused with the traditional spiced flavors of cinnamon and cloves. This tea has a spicy aroma that will get you into that special holiday mood.

About Twinings View company

Given that it smells nice when brewing, I expected more flavor than what I got, even after steeping for 4-5 minutes. Not much in the way of flavor. However, I have an English friend/former colleague who swears by this stuff and says they can’t always find it in London. For me, it’s just so-so. I guess I would rather brew my own black tea and maybe add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg if I wanted Christmas-y tea. (By the way, the “artificial flavors” thing caught my eye as well… why would you add artificial flavors to something like this tea, and then not make them… well… flavorful? It is a mystery.)

195 °F / 90 °C

Absolutely lovely with a tablespoon of honey! The orange flavor and spices just warm the soul!

A bit too heavy on the spices for me, but a good blend nonetheless and with classic Twinings quality.

This is our annual Christmas morning tea, served with gingerbread.

I like the fact that this doesn’t taste of just cinnamon, you really do taste the other spices as well.

My cousin gave us a sample of this for Christmas one year, as part of a “let’s get together for tea” gift, and it’s been a winter favorite of mine. I like it as a drink to warm up with after a morning of shoveling snow or being out in the cold. Nice mix of spices, not overly spicy but not weak either. Definitely not a strong black tea, more of a mellow black tea.