Christmas Tea

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by De

2 Images

From Twinings

Create a merry moment with Twinings Christmas Tea. Expertly blended with the savoury flavours of cinnamon and clove, this fine black tea is sure to bring you holiday cheer with its warm, spicy taste and soothing aroma.

About Twinings View company

Christmas tea! Loose, in the MOST ADORABLE TIN.

Yes, I admit.

I bought it for the tin.

The tea is OK. A strong Assam, not mellow. Clove and cinnamon flavouring.

Good with milky stuff. (I had to go behind THREE cartons of eggnog to reach it!) Will be picking up my card photos today and packaging up this tea (and another two options for those who don’t looooove cloves or flavoured teas) for the people whose addresses I actually have. I’m sorry swap friends, I didn’t keep everyone’s address.

Happy holidays! (There are a couple people who probably won’t get their cards until January, lol!)

I saw all their tins at Target and was SO tempted to get one too, but luckily some jerk opened one of each of them already, so once I smelled them I thought nope.

This was the only one there! And although people had tried to open some of them, I went into the back of the pile and got a pristine one. Mostly I wanted the tin. I’m not fussed that the tea isn’t fantastic. :)

(The tin will be PERFECT for sewing Things.)

ALSO, no one has your address. Hint hint. Ahem.

My 2nd favorite tea (a close 2nd to Constant Comment). Will be drinking this after Sunday dinners out of Grandma Sherrill’s Christmas tea set soon!

A boring, forgettable bagged black tea with the barest hint of spice. It wasn’t terrible, but I wouldn’t drink it again unless there was nothing better available.

Flavors: Spices

used this to make a tea latte (brewed in milk). Has a distinct orange cream taste.

This was one of the first two teas that started my tea journey and is so delicious. Very rich flavors for a bagged tea and I was lucky enough to get some tins of the loose leaf which of course was so much better than the bags. Wonderful hints of cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves but not quite like a chai. Very Christmasy but I love drinking it all year.

For $4 for 3.5oz this is an excellent value in loose leaf tea.

Having this again after chatting with a friend today who I’d given a bag to and she described it as being like a chai but without the spice and she really liked it. Steep time on the first 24 oz pot of 3 minutes and the second closer to 5 and I get 4 pretty strong 12 oz cups.

Grabbed a box of this for the holidays because I was feeling in the spirit of the season.

The tea has a wonderful aroma of cinnamon and clove, which is great for making the house smell nice. The problem is that the actual taste of the tea is extremely bland. There really is no flavor whatsoever. I was pretty disappointed.

I have an old box of this tea, and it’s really not bad. It tastes a little weak but that might be because the tea is old. (Though judging by other tasting notes maybe this is a weak tea.)
I usually drink it was just a little sugar, that way all I could taste was the black tea and spices, I tried adding milk and it brought out the orange flavor- which was an improvement.
I’ve also tried brewing this tea with other teas, like the Pumpkin spice from Scripture tea, this tea was weak and made a good blend.

Given that it smells nice when brewing, I expected more flavor than what I got, even after steeping for 4-5 minutes. Not much in the way of flavor. However, I have an English friend/former colleague who swears by this stuff and says they can’t always find it in London. For me, it’s just so-so. I guess I would rather brew my own black tea and maybe add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg if I wanted Christmas-y tea. (By the way, the “artificial flavors” thing caught my eye as well… why would you add artificial flavors to something like this tea, and then not make them… well… flavorful? It is a mystery.)

195 °F / 90 °C

Absolutely lovely with a tablespoon of honey! The orange flavor and spices just warm the soul!

A bit too heavy on the spices for me, but a good blend nonetheless and with classic Twinings quality.