Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I felt that it was only fitting to start St. Patrick's Day with a big, super strong (steeped for 15 minutes....yea, I'm a bit crazy) mug of Irish Breakfast....not that I really needed an excuse to...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “Happy 4th of July, U.S. Steepsters!!! Tea of the morning here (in teabag form). Not at home again and the BF picked it out. Still, it's pretty good even for a teabag. Some nice malty notes...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2487 tasting notes
  • “Last bag of my box! I'm excited to be finishing up teas. I'm not sure if I would buy this again because I found a tea that I like drinking in the morning better. But it is good. I just think I'm...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 528 tasting notes
  • “Hospital tea. I generally like this, pleasant and strong with no bitter bite; but there's just something about Styrofoam that messes with the leaf, no matter what. ” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1741 tasting notes

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

This is my normal office tea. I tend to forget that I put a tea bag in and steep it way too long, but it’s still quite drinkable. I like the bitterness and astringency that it has (even when steeped a more reasonable amount of time). This is a serious no joke black tea.

This is my standby, always in the cupboard late night cup. Plenty hot with milk and sugar, and I can practically feel my nerves slowly smooth out and unfrazzle. Not the most adventurous cup, but a good reliable cup every time.

So this was an interesting experience this morning. First, I’d been doing the decaf thing for a while so when I decided I would just do the full caffeine version… hmm. maybe not the wisest choice as I feel a bit jittery now.
As for the flavor. I took my first sip just after finishing a glass of juice. Not pleasant at all. I was terribly disappointed since I remember enjoying this tea. It tasted really old and stale.
After I got the juice/sweet taste out though, I continued and it was much improved. I used a small amount of milk in it and it’s very enjoyable over my eggs and toast. I’ll continue using this one in the am but I think I’ll try to remove some of the caffeine, steer clear of drinking it with juice and likely not add any sweetener just to be safe (I’m not a fan of sweet teas anyway.)

Dark, rich… almost coffee-like in its strength. Needs quite a bit of milk! (I’m a wuss.) An excellent morning drink.

My first Irish Breakfast tasting was a Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, and it was delicious. All I needed to add was a touch of sugar or honey, and that was fine enough for me. I find this to be a great way to bounce back from a rough morning.

Good anytime cup of brew, the perfect start to anyday!

I LOVE this tea! I drink it with a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of milk, at least 3 mornings a week :)

Winter cupboard staple.
Feels a little watery this evening even at 5 mins but still strong enough to slap me awake and hearty enough to warm me up on a frighteningly chilly mid-western night.
Certainly one of my few bagged go-to’s especially during these seemingly arctic months.
Taken without milk and only a touch of honey.

My favorite breakfast tea to date. Very dark, like a cup of coffee without the nasty side effects for me.

I think this one is stronger than this brand’s English Breakfast tea, which isn’t a bad thing.