Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

A fairly standard black tea. Nice deep color and decent aroma. I added a good amount of milk and sugar (I don’t usually do that) which helps cut back on the spicy flavor. Right as the spice is about to kick-in in full strength, the sugar and milk come and soften the blow. Even though its a breakfast tea it works well as a mid-afternoon cuppa.

Much better than Twinings English Breakfast.

This is one of the last entries of me finishing up a box of various Twinings offerings I got as a gift a while ago. A little more flavorful than Twinings’ English Breakfast. In a good way, too. A sort of slight nutty bitterness. Still not blowing my mind, but it’s pleasant drinking, so I dig it.