Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

Note: This is a review for the bagged version.

I assumed this would be relatively the same as English Breakfast tea, but it is actually a bit stronger, though the tastes are similar. It says on the box that it is robust, and I’d say that’s pretty accurate. ;-)

Boiling

loose leaf review.

I love this tea!! okay i haven’t had a great many teas yet because I’m still a beginner but so far this is one of my favorites!!! I don’t have a lot of tea equipment yet but i just use two teaspoons for my large mug (about 400 ml or a little over 12 ounces).

I feel, like someone else said in their review, that i just can’t get enough. I’m not sure what temperature i steep it at, I just wait till just after boiling to pour it into my cup.

Ahh, the last of this tin, just means there’s more room for new tea. Good strong cup of tea this morning, but next time I get Twinings Irish Breakfast, I think I’ll stick to buying the bags. The loose tea is just so tiny, every cup ends up having a bunch of dust in it. I usually prefer loose to bagged, but this is one of those teas that’s better off staying in the bag.

If other black teas ease you into wakefulness, this is a firm boot in the ass. And possibly a slap in the face, all at the same time. It’s as though this tea is saying, “YOU. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT THE RIGHT TO BURY YOUR HEAD UNDER THAT PILLOW?!? OUT OF BED AND ON YOUR FEET, ON THE DOUBLE, SOLDIER!”

This tea? It is the R. Lee Ermey of the Twinings lineup. Sometimes, that’s totally what you need in the morning. Other assessments that mention it as a potentially great tea after a night of heavy drinking are also spot-on.

This is one of my go to teas. It’s definitely strong enough to stand up to milk/sugar. I really enjoy the flavor of this tea with just sugar in it as well.

Call me crazy, but I think the teabag version is better than the loose tea. This is my favorite tea ever. I drink it with milk and sugar usually.

Enjoying with a breakfast of hot oatmeal with local honey and cranberries. The Irish Breakfast has a slight spicyness from the assam tea. A splash of milk curbs any bitterness.

Was okay. Picked this up during a trip overseas. I think I prefer Irish Breakfast from other suppliers, though.

Pretty good tea. I added a little milk and honey. Was enjoyable

Still just a smidge under the weather, so just a mug of cheap tea to comfort me. This is one of the only bagged teas I even consider at the grocery store. Pretty standard and hard to muck up when steeping.

Kirkoneill1988

aww man…. i was looking for that the other day at a Canadian/polish grocery store called “Starskys”. i could not find this exact tea so i had to substitute it with an “HYLEYS Scottish Red Pekoe” :(

glad you liked it though :) what was the flavor and aroma?

dragondrool

Just the average typical bagged black tea aroma, and fairly malty in flavor. It’s just a decent bagged black tea, overall.