Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I felt that it was only fitting to start St. Patrick's Day with a big, super strong (steeped for 15 minutes....yea, I'm a bit crazy) mug of Irish Breakfast....not that I really needed an excuse to...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “Happy 4th of July, U.S. Steepsters!!! Tea of the morning here (in teabag form). Not at home again and the BF picked it out. Still, it's pretty good even for a teabag. Some nice malty notes...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “Last bag of my box! I'm excited to be finishing up teas. I'm not sure if I would buy this again because I found a tea that I like drinking in the morning better. But it is good. I just think I'm...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 532 tasting notes
  • “Hospital tea. I generally like this, pleasant and strong with no bitter bite; but there's just something about Styrofoam that messes with the leaf, no matter what. ” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1757 tasting notes

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

You could do a lot worse buying tea at WalMart. Get the Twinings Classics Black Tea Variety pack, its great.
In-Depth:
Aroma
This smells like a ‘proper’ black tea to me. Very warm, inviting scent. Some malt to it, I also smelled some raisins and lemon citrus undertones. Could be just me. :S Wonderful nonetheless.
Flavor
Has some bitterness, or perhaps I just steeped it longer than I should have. I enjoy a little bitterness, but I imagine others may want to put some milk in. Sugar wouldn’t be necessary. Drink it while its still hot to enjoy it. I swear those raisins are in there.
Notes
I wouldn’t say its a relaxing tea, but who would expect “Irish Breakfast” to calm you down. Its a pleasant pick me up though, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It serves its purpose as a black tea, and serves it well.

Flavors: Lemon, Malt, Raisins

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I wanted a green mug for this tea, and that meant I had to go ginormous. So that may have thinned out the taste a bit, but oh well. It’s worth it.

The tea mainly tastes tea-y on its own, perhaps with a touch of liquorice. Adding milk and sweetening is suggested, so I’ve put milk and honey in after my primary tasting. It seems to be working with the taste of the honey — complementing it. Very smooth and harmonious. Nothing too stand-out, but decent, good, and friendly.

Would I have this again as a morning cuppa? You betcha.

Maybe I just didn’t get it right this time around, but I found it to be /way/ too bitter for me. I sweetened it with honey; I think I underestimated the irish. Will use sugar, next time, though maybe I’ll keep the steep time the same.

Honestly one of my favourite teas, fully of peaty overtones that make me warm down to my toes. Takes milk really well and a great way to start off the day.

A solid Irish breakfast tea. I like mines with a little milk and sugar.

Delicious with a tbsp of powdered creamer and 110 mg of Splenda.

This tea is tough as balls. It also tastes very good. I like strong tea, and usually leave the bag in forever, but this bag I take out. It’s great with a tiny bit of soy milk and a tiny sprinkle of sugar. Next box, I’m ditching the sugar. I can’t wait to get this again.

Best way to start the day!

i mostly buy this tea bagged, except when i’m desperate. it makes a good strong cuppa first thing in the wee small hours. my local grocery store has stopped selling the bagged version though, so i’m screwed.

I like this tea better than English Breakfast, I would say. It has a bolder flavor to it which I like.