Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

Realizing that I have far too much tea for a single gal to drink on her own, and with more on the way I decided I really need to start sipping down some of my stash before it gets truly out of hand (too late?). Aiming for 75 down before Black Friday fingers crossed
Pretty glad this one is gone. It’s an acceptable tea but nothing close to my favorite Irish Breakfast that I plan to fill the now-empty tin with, and it became sort of a chore to try and finish it off.

Sipdown 1/75

Flavors: Astringent, Malt, Tannin

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

You could do a lot worse buying tea at WalMart. Get the Twinings Classics Black Tea Variety pack, its great.
In-Depth:
Aroma
This smells like a ‘proper’ black tea to me. Very warm, inviting scent. Some malt to it, I also smelled some raisins and lemon citrus undertones. Could be just me. :S Wonderful nonetheless.
Flavor
Has some bitterness, or perhaps I just steeped it longer than I should have. I enjoy a little bitterness, but I imagine others may want to put some milk in. Sugar wouldn’t be necessary. Drink it while its still hot to enjoy it. I swear those raisins are in there.
Notes
I wouldn’t say its a relaxing tea, but who would expect “Irish Breakfast” to calm you down. Its a pleasant pick me up though, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It serves its purpose as a black tea, and serves it well.

Flavors: Lemon, Malt, Raisins

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I wanted a green mug for this tea, and that meant I had to go ginormous. So that may have thinned out the taste a bit, but oh well. It’s worth it.

The tea mainly tastes tea-y on its own, perhaps with a touch of liquorice. Adding milk and sweetening is suggested, so I’ve put milk and honey in after my primary tasting. It seems to be working with the taste of the honey — complementing it. Very smooth and harmonious. Nothing too stand-out, but decent, good, and friendly.

Would I have this again as a morning cuppa? You betcha.

Maybe I just didn’t get it right this time around, but I found it to be /way/ too bitter for me. I sweetened it with honey; I think I underestimated the irish. Will use sugar, next time, though maybe I’ll keep the steep time the same.

Honestly one of my favourite teas, fully of peaty overtones that make me warm down to my toes. Takes milk really well and a great way to start off the day.

A solid Irish breakfast tea. I like mines with a little milk and sugar.

Delicious with a tbsp of powdered creamer and 110 mg of Splenda.

This tea is tough as balls. It also tastes very good. I like strong tea, and usually leave the bag in forever, but this bag I take out. It’s great with a tiny bit of soy milk and a tiny sprinkle of sugar. Next box, I’m ditching the sugar. I can’t wait to get this again.

Best way to start the day!

i mostly buy this tea bagged, except when i’m desperate. it makes a good strong cuppa first thing in the wee small hours. my local grocery store has stopped selling the bagged version though, so i’m screwed.