Irish Breakfast

Lemon, Malt, Raisins, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I felt that it was only fitting to start St. Patrick's Day with a big, super strong (steeped for 15 minutes....yea, I'm a bit crazy) mug of Irish Breakfast....not that I really needed an excuse to...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1014 tasting notes
  • “Happy 4th of July, U.S. Steepsters!!! Tea of the morning here (in teabag form). Not at home again and the BF picked it out. Still, it's pretty good even for a teabag. Some nice malty notes...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2310 tasting notes
  • “Last bag of my box! I'm excited to be finishing up teas. I'm not sure if I would buy this again because I found a tea that I like drinking in the morning better. But it is good. I just think I'm...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “Hospital tea. I generally like this, pleasant and strong with no bitter bite; but there's just something about Styrofoam that messes with the leaf, no matter what. ” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1693 tasting notes

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

Honestly one of my favourite teas, fully of peaty overtones that make me warm down to my toes. Takes milk really well and a great way to start off the day.

A solid Irish breakfast tea. I like mines with a little milk and sugar.

Delicious with a tbsp of powdered creamer and 110 mg of Splenda.

This tea is tough as balls. It also tastes very good. I like strong tea, and usually leave the bag in forever, but this bag I take out. It’s great with a tiny bit of soy milk and a tiny sprinkle of sugar. Next box, I’m ditching the sugar. I can’t wait to get this again.

Best way to start the day!

i mostly buy this tea bagged, except when i’m desperate. it makes a good strong cuppa first thing in the wee small hours. my local grocery store has stopped selling the bagged version though, so i’m screwed.

I like this tea better than English Breakfast, I would say. It has a bolder flavor to it which I like.

The best at night :)
even though its meant for morning…

Moving has meant that I haven’t had my PG tips for the last couple of weeks, and although I enjoy all of the trappings of loose-leaf tea once I’ve had some caffeine in me, I just cannot do it first thing in the morning. Found a box of these teabags in a cupboard and decided to give it a go- and was pleasantly surprised! This is a very enjoyable tea, and it’s significantly hardier than PG tips (which I’ve found needs to be brewed more like a green). It’s really very delicious, hearty, and full-bodied, perfect for the morning!

So being a lazy college student, I never add milk to my tea, and I never have a problem with the tea I drink. I ran out of tea and snagged some Irish Breakfast from a friend, and did not enjoy the first sip. However, after adding some milk, I found it very enjoyable. There really is a first time for everything.