Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

i mostly buy this tea bagged, except when i’m desperate. it makes a good strong cuppa first thing in the wee small hours. my local grocery store has stopped selling the bagged version though, so i’m screwed.

I like this tea better than English Breakfast, I would say. It has a bolder flavor to it which I like.

The best at night :)
even though its meant for morning…

Moving has meant that I haven’t had my PG tips for the last couple of weeks, and although I enjoy all of the trappings of loose-leaf tea once I’ve had some caffeine in me, I just cannot do it first thing in the morning. Found a box of these teabags in a cupboard and decided to give it a go- and was pleasantly surprised! This is a very enjoyable tea, and it’s significantly hardier than PG tips (which I’ve found needs to be brewed more like a green). It’s really very delicious, hearty, and full-bodied, perfect for the morning!

So being a lazy college student, I never add milk to my tea, and I never have a problem with the tea I drink. I ran out of tea and snagged some Irish Breakfast from a friend, and did not enjoy the first sip. However, after adding some milk, I found it very enjoyable. There really is a first time for everything.

With my crazy Irish mother and father, grandparents and great-grandparents, I have honestly been having this tea for as long as I can remember. It’s just lovely. Very robust, strong, and kicking. I steep for about 4 minutes, and usually add more milk and sugar than I probably should. It’s ALWAYS in our cupboard, and is definitely my go-to morning tea. Reminds me of a crisp autumn day, sitting inside with a warm and smooth cuppa.

I prefer this to Twinings’ English Breakfast blend, I think. It’s stronger and more flavourful.

Pretty good. Definitely a robust flavor, but leaves a rather unpleasant, weird feeling in my mouth. Almost like it’s drying my mouth out.

Pretty generic, inoffensive

I am a big fan of Black Teas. This one and English are the only ones I have had but for my money, Irish Breakfast is the better of the 2.