Irish Breakfast

Astringent, Malt, Tannin, Lemon, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

For not being a loose leaf tea, this brews a darn good cup of tea. Full bodied and smooth, it’s great with sugar and some cream added.

The first tea I actually ever had was when I visited a friend in Ireland. I think we drank at least 4 cups of breakfast tea everyday. While this isn’t the exact brand, it is very reminiscent in taste. I will say though, I like mine steeped VERY LIGHT, I’ll dunk the bag in there about 5 times or let it sit for no longer than a minute. I also add 1/2 tsp of sugar and milk. Malty is a perfect word to describe it I think. Just a great black tea.

Really good with just a bit of milk added. Nice flavour.

Irish Breakfast tea is my favorite! I love to have it strong and sweet with a splash of milk. So yummy!

Brash and malty and best with a splash of milk and sugar.

This is a great breakfast tea in my opinion, and is very brisk and malty. There is a definite presence of an Assam tea (Not one of the highest grades). I prefer Twinings “Finest Assam 2nd Flush” tea, which contains a much higher grade of teas, and a better flavor.

Delicious. Very strong, and very full. A solid tea.

Malty, strong, kick-your-butt tea that is best taken, in my opinion, with milk and a little sugar. My favourite wake me up tea. This is a robust black. Say whatever you like about crappy bagged tea, but I can’t beat this for convenience. I love this stuff; another tea my mother drank often and raised me on. Always in my house.

Malty and hearty. I’ve never tried this tea black, as when I first tried it I was not experimental with how I took my tea, but it is certainly delicious with half-and-half and a pinch of sugar. In this sense, I find it very coffee-esque. I would certainly purchase this tea again.

Personally, when I think “I want some tea”, Twinings Irish Breakfast is usually the tea I’m thinking of. It more or less defines the very word for me. Robust, delicious, and not too fussy about water temperature or steeping time. I like mine hot with a generous spoonful of sugar and no milk.