Irish Breakfast

Lemon, Malt, Raisins, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I felt that it was only fitting to start St. Patrick's Day with a big, super strong (steeped for 15 minutes....yea, I'm a bit crazy) mug of Irish Breakfast....not that I really needed an excuse to...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1014 tasting notes
  • “Happy 4th of July, U.S. Steepsters!!! Tea of the morning here (in teabag form). Not at home again and the BF picked it out. Still, it's pretty good even for a teabag. Some nice malty notes...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2308 tasting notes
  • “Last bag of my box! I'm excited to be finishing up teas. I'm not sure if I would buy this again because I found a tea that I like drinking in the morning better. But it is good. I just think I'm...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “Hospital tea. I generally like this, pleasant and strong with no bitter bite; but there's just something about Styrofoam that messes with the leaf, no matter what. ” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1690 tasting notes

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

This is a great breakfast tea in my opinion, and is very brisk and malty. There is a definite presence of an Assam tea (Not one of the highest grades). I prefer Twinings “Finest Assam 2nd Flush” tea, which contains a much higher grade of teas, and a better flavor.

Delicious. Very strong, and very full. A solid tea.

Malty, strong, kick-your-butt tea that is best taken, in my opinion, with milk and a little sugar. My favourite wake me up tea. This is a robust black. Say whatever you like about crappy bagged tea, but I can’t beat this for convenience. I love this stuff; another tea my mother drank often and raised me on. Always in my house.

Malty and hearty. I’ve never tried this tea black, as when I first tried it I was not experimental with how I took my tea, but it is certainly delicious with half-and-half and a pinch of sugar. In this sense, I find it very coffee-esque. I would certainly purchase this tea again.

Personally, when I think “I want some tea”, Twinings Irish Breakfast is usually the tea I’m thinking of. It more or less defines the very word for me. Robust, delicious, and not too fussy about water temperature or steeping time. I like mine hot with a generous spoonful of sugar and no milk.

Hmm, this time was just “meh”, I guess since I’m starting to notice the difference between this and say the Assam from DAVIDsTEA and to prefer the latter. Ah, the pursuit of good tea – it’s why we’re here! :)

This tea seems to taste different whenever I have it. This time for Breakfast it woke my mouth up, got me doing some warm ups and then prepared me for a big dose of English Muffin. It’s just great on any occasion again with a little milk and some sugar. Oh, how I love the versatility of this tea.

This tea kicks my butt in the afternoon when I’m starting to get sleepy. Nice and strong, even seems surprisingly forgiving when I accidentally steep it too long. Distractions at work? Never! Probably because it is so strong that my tastebuds aren’t given a chance to notice anything tannic about it. I drink it straight, but it probably would mellow out with some milk.

This is my normal office tea. I tend to forget that I put a tea bag in and steep it way too long, but it’s still quite drinkable. I like the bitterness and astringency that it has (even when steeped a more reasonable amount of time). This is a serious no joke black tea.

This is my standby, always in the cupboard late night cup. Plenty hot with milk and sugar, and I can practically feel my nerves slowly smooth out and unfrazzle. Not the most adventurous cup, but a good reliable cup every time.