Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Twinings

The light golden black tea from the foothills of the Himalayas is considered the champagne of all teas. Expertly blended with a delicate and unique character that is likened to the Muscatel grape.

Darjeeling teas are grown in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains in northeast India. The high altitude, soil and climate of the Darjeeling plantations contribute towards the unique and delicate taste of this tea. Twinings Darjeeling uses the finest first and second flush teas (those picked in the spring and summer) in this blend. Darjeeling is often regarded by connoisseurs as one of the finest teas. Darjeeling is best drunk black or with a touch of milk.

About Twinings View company

Can get a bit bitter. It’s just OK.

This is an alright tea, but very touchy. I had a wonderful cup a few days ago. It was smooth and light, with a honey note on the end.
Today I prepared a cup the same way as before, and it turned out so bitter and horrid, that I poured it down the drain.

Not a very exciting day of tea today. This is not brilliant, but the best I could come up with. I am still hoping to find a black tea that doesn’t need milk and comes in tea bags, because it makes it easier to take into work. Posh teabags are expensive butat some point I will have to try them

This is the only tea you will ever see me time the brewing of precisely. I’ve admittedly ruined many a cup by forgetting to set a timer for 5 minutes, and employing my usual “make it, set it down to cool to a drinkable temp, and walk away, sometimes forgetting it for upwards of 20 minutes” method. Beyond 5 minutes, it gets so bitter as to be utterly unenjoyable. But, at 5 minutes, it makes a good cup.

And this is about my 4th cup of tea today. It’s just been THAT kind of day, apparently…

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I really need to figure out how to work that hot pot.
This went bitter very quickly, but I’m eating Nutella and watching The Avengers; it’s not really a big deal.

Boiling 8 min or more

First cup was wonderful, second cup was not so great, by the third I’d decided this particular tea was just not for me. I have no idea why I grew to dislike it, or why it happened so quickly, but I just did. I will say that this particular tea does NOT handle abuse well. If the water is too hot, or you accidentally steep for too long you will end up with one hell of a bitter, astringent, mess on your hands. At least that was my experience with it. I still have the majority of a box of this but I’ll likely be getting rid of it somehow before long, even if that means having to throw the stuff away.

This tea is ok. It has a mild and slightly bitter flavor.

one of the best black teas i have ever tried! not too weak, not too strong.

This seems like a type of tea that shouldn’t be bagged, and yet bagged is all I have. It’s not bad, but not especially exciting.

At first sip it’s plain. A breakfast tea type. Then it gets bitter, which is usually what makes me dislike a tea; I can’t stand bitter tastes, no matter how old I get! It’s not a strong bitter flavor, though, and I could deal with it for the sake of trying this tea after I was sure I brewed it correctly. The aftertaste was beautiful! Sweet like pure, fresh honey. Unfortunately the rest was so mediocre to me that I’m not sure where I stand with it.

The bagged version of this tea is delicious. A perfect dessert tea. I’ve found that this is great for tea beginners that still have a problem with the bitter taste that most tea beginners have a problem over coming. Very light and almost sweet even without sugar added. I compare it to their Prince of Wales.