Bitter, Biting, Grapes, Raisins, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Twinings

The light golden black tea from the foothills of the Himalayas is considered the champagne of all teas. Expertly blended with a delicate and unique character that is likened to the Muscatel grape.

Darjeeling teas are grown in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains in northeast India. The high altitude, soil and climate of the Darjeeling plantations contribute towards the unique and delicate taste of this tea. Twinings Darjeeling uses the finest first and second flush teas (those picked in the spring and summer) in this blend. Darjeeling is often regarded by connoisseurs as one of the finest teas. Darjeeling is best drunk black or with a touch of milk.

About Twinings View company

First cup was wonderful, second cup was not so great, by the third I’d decided this particular tea was just not for me. I have no idea why I grew to dislike it, or why it happened so quickly, but I just did. I will say that this particular tea does NOT handle abuse well. If the water is too hot, or you accidentally steep for too long you will end up with one hell of a bitter, astringent, mess on your hands. At least that was my experience with it. I still have the majority of a box of this but I’ll likely be getting rid of it somehow before long, even if that means having to throw the stuff away.

This tea is ok. It has a mild and slightly bitter flavor.

one of the best black teas i have ever tried! not too weak, not too strong.

This seems like a type of tea that shouldn’t be bagged, and yet bagged is all I have. It’s not bad, but not especially exciting.

At first sip it’s plain. A breakfast tea type. Then it gets bitter, which is usually what makes me dislike a tea; I can’t stand bitter tastes, no matter how old I get! It’s not a strong bitter flavor, though, and I could deal with it for the sake of trying this tea after I was sure I brewed it correctly. The aftertaste was beautiful! Sweet like pure, fresh honey. Unfortunately the rest was so mediocre to me that I’m not sure where I stand with it.

The bagged version of this tea is delicious. A perfect dessert tea. I’ve found that this is great for tea beginners that still have a problem with the bitter taste that most tea beginners have a problem over coming. Very light and almost sweet even without sugar added. I compare it to their Prince of Wales.

Normally, this is my favorite morning tea, but something is off with my taste buds today, because it’s just not hitting the spot. I hope I’m not getting sick.

Just an okay tea. As far as black tea goes this one is far from a go to. The taste is bitter and requires more sweetening to make it palatable than I like.

I like the idea of this tea … but subtlety can be taken too far. This tea’s barely there … If you weren’t looking at your cup you wouldn’t know when to stop drinking it.

Had my second ever Darjeeling today. Seems to be a good Twinings staple, and rightfully so.

The description on the box of the train coming down from the himalayas is so dreamlike and enticing, and so fitting for the character of the tea.
It’s a refreshing, drawn-out palette with a firm underpinning of classic black tea flavour, and a faint floral taste around the edges that unfolds in the aftertaste.

I may have over-steeped it today though, since it was a little astringent and the fainter flavours were getting drowned out a bit – so I would recommend maybe about 2 minutes 30 steeping for optimum flavour balance (although due to it being a bagged tea and made of tea dust, you’ll still get a dull, bitter flavour anyway). I might also try it with milk in the future.
Overall though, good job little steam train.

Being relatively new on this tea journey this is my first Darjeeling and I love it as a daily drinker. I find myself wanting to pick it over the other 7 Twinings varieties I purchased at the same time due to it’s rich smooth flavor. Of course it would not compare to a selected 2nd Flush loose leaf as I’ve now been researching but remember, it is what it is.

I take it with 1 Splenda and sometimes a dash of honey but usually just straight and never milk. I highly recommend it to those who drink average bagged teas.