Oolong Peach

Oolong Tea
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Donovan

From Two Guys' Tea

Oolong tea from Taiwan is blended with organic black and green teas, and flower blossoms to produce a blend that is appealing to the eye and palate. Makes a delicious iced tea.

www.myteaguys.com

About Two Guys' Tea View company

An unassuming oolong with a early peach aroma. I made a cup and my friend could immediately tell I was brewing something peachy.

The dry leaf is quite pretty, with a fair amount of decoration… how much of which contributes to the taste, I don’t know, but adds to the weight. The tea didn’t TASTE peachy, just oolong, but the oolong isn’t too roasty or dark, or even too green. I did do a very short rinse, so maybe if the oolong was flavored, that got washed away, but I tend to expect a well flavored tea’s flavor to last beyond an itty bitty rinse.

Generally a nice middle-of-the-road tea, good for everyday, or serving to (non tea enthusiast)guests tea. Plus it’s organic, so if you have some of THOSE friends over, then you can serve them something without getting lectured on the horrible unnatural chemical laden tea. Not a high profile tea though – I won’t hoard it and I wouldn’t mind leaving it out on the counter for others to try (though I won’t).

The scent of the dry leaf and liquor is early peach, or peach trees, but not heavy sweet peaches like when it’s late in peach season. This is a nice change from other peach tea, I would have appreciated (because of the aroma) maybe a hint of peach blossom to round out the profile.

The leaves didn’t expand too much during steeping, even after three steeps, and the flavor didn’t change much either. The dried fruit did rehydrate though. Definitely not a tea to forget, steep with water 195F or lower, and 2 min or less. I was using a small tea cup, and half my steeper was brewing for ~4min, which was too long: yucky. I switched to a larger mug so the brew time was short and it was fine.

The tin is rather soft and already kind of falling apart. I probably wouldn’t reuse it for tea, maybe as a pencil holder or something. The tea is heavy, I think- the tin says 4oz and the same size tin from another company is 3oz. I think TeaGuys (distributor) packs by volume though, and they pack it really full. I really don’t mind this tea for the price I paid for it, but if it was at normal price, I would be more critical. I don’t find it exceptional.

p.s.- TwoGuysTea is clearancing out stuff and Donovan’s a nice guy, really courteous and prompt CS.

Flavors: Peach